"That's How People Grow Up" is the new single

My fave of the new bunch by far is All You Need Is Me. So a little disappointed!

But That's How.. is still a good 'un.

No. no.. To me the best choice was I Want To Throw My Arms Around Paris... beautiful song! "...grow up" is just Ok but nothing outstanding... Paris is.

Same here :D PAris is my favorite of the new songs. Maybe it could be released as first single from the new ALBUM :cool:

i prefer , im throwing my arms around paris ... does anyone else ? , actually isnt there a poll on this

oh, you read my mind, I was just coming here to post that. :)

yes, i agree, my fav out of all of them is definitely Paris. lyrically I dont think any of them are up to par, but this one is the most pleasing to my ears

No one rating one day goodbye will be farewell then?
I love that.

Oh, I do! I think that's easily the best of the new songs, with "All You Need Is Me" and "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" coming in second and third, respectively. Then waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down at the bottom of the hill is "That's How People Grow Up". Ugh, I hate that song.

Mary Margaret O'Hara will replace Kristeen on 'THPGU' by 'giving birth' as in NSAM Pt 2?
All the demo'd songs have intrinsic merit I.M.H.O. This bodes well: Morrissey has history for casually 'tossing off' classic tracks as B-sides, album rarities, if you‘ll excuse the vulgarity of the phrase.

Given the quality of the recently demo'd tracks, what has he got 'under his Stetson' for the late 2008 official new Decca album?

Seriously, who wants another re-package/re-issue of Moz Solo gems: We've all got them. As a consumer-fetishist-obsessive-collector-completist: I don't want some scuzzy CD where I cannot see the ArtWork / Lyrics without a microscope. Never mind hearing aids: Will Decca issue free high-intensity reading glasses with this next release? I'm almost as old as Moz so my sight is not quite what it was.

Or maybe Merck could go a different route? Moz has recently expressed intoxication with the scenic grandeur of Scandinavia, as he evolves from parochial English provincial to International Playboy C21st World Citizen.

He could try this approach, similar, though superior, to the Radiohead Box-Set, from a band, not from Scandinavia, but from Iceland, where he recently played:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/press/book.php

Whether you like their music or not: They are so far ahead of the curve in creating a business model that works outside of the collapsing corporate Big Music model.

Although I know it's 'illegal' to mention R*******D on this site-
I would love a Stanley Dornwood lithograph for Xmas:

http://shop.slowlydownward.com/Store/DisplayItems/1.html,.

How much would the 'core' Moz fanbase pay for premium limited edition EP's of these new songs? Or lithographs? The price of recorded music is 'trending to zero' due to file-sharing. But Moz has produced such amazing artwork in the past. I've got a copy of 'Peepholism' next to me as I maniacally type this. I think Moz should include interviews, exclusive photos and all 4 new songs as part of a 'retro-nouveau traditional EP' style release for the 'cognoscenti'. See, I told you I was drunk...and insane...does that make me a bad person? Peace y'all!

AndyM

what?

Anyway, top song. Glad this was chosen for the single.

Mary Margaret O'Hara will replace Kristeen on 'THPGU' by 'giving birth' as in NSAM Pt 2?
All the demo'd songs have intrinsic merit I.M.H.O. This bodes well: Morrissey has history for casually 'tossing off' classic tracks as B-sides, album rarities, if you‘ll excuse the vulgarity of the phrase.

Given the quality of the recently demo'd tracks, what has he got 'under his Stetson' for the late 2008 official new Decca album?

Seriously, who wants another re-package/re-issue of Moz Solo gems: We've all got them. As a consumer-fetishist-obsessive-collector-completist: I don't want some scuzzy CD where I cannot see the ArtWork / Lyrics without a microscope. Never mind hearing aids: Will Decca issue free high-intensity reading glasses with this next release? I'm almost as old as Moz so my sight is not quite what it was.

Or maybe Merck could go a different route? Moz has recently expressed intoxication with the scenic grandeur of Scandinavia, as he evolves from parochial English provincial to International Playboy C21st World Citizen.

He could try this approach, similar, though superior, to the Radiohead Box-Set, from a band, not from Scandinavia, but from Iceland, where he recently played:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/press/book.php

Whether you like their music or not: They are so far ahead of the curve in creating a business model that works outside of the collapsing corporate Big Music model.

Although I know it's 'illegal' to mention R*******D on this site-
I would love a Stanley Dornwood lithograph for Xmas:

http://shop.slowlydownward.com/Store/DisplayItems/1.html,.

How much would the 'core' Moz fanbase pay for premium limited edition EP's of these new songs? Or lithographs? The price of recorded music is 'trending to zero' due to file-sharing. But Moz has produced such amazing artwork in the past. I've got a copy of 'Peepholism' next to me as I maniacally type this. I think Moz should include interviews, exclusive photos and all 4 new songs as part of a 'retro-nouveau traditional EP' style release for the 'cognoscenti'. See, I told you I was drunk...and insane...does that make me a bad person? Peace y'all!

AndyM

I did not make it past "tossing off"

sorry.

So I'm glad I'm not alone supporting Paris!! That song took over my heart and blood when I heard it... I don't know who chooses the singles, but definitively there are so many songs that have been underrated and put aside under that choosing criteria, like Friday Mourning, who IMHO should have been an official single for YATQ.

Well... Let's hope they read us...

The poll is coming!! :D

I don't really care what the new single will be, because it's going to be on the Greatest Hits album anyway. I'm far more interested in the b-sides!

I don't really care what the new single will be, because it's going to be on the Greatest Hits album anyway. I'm far more interested in the b-sides!

Well... the thing about caring about the A-Side is, whichever is chosen, means we get to hear it sooner rather than possibly having to wait for Moz's next proper album or - god forbid! - it being dropped altogether and never receiving a full release. Example: I'm Playing Easy To Get... one of my fave Moz songs, though admittedly the session version we have is still pretty damn good. It's not impossible that one of the four 'new' songs may never receive a studio release.

I would suspect that, with the new Moz album coming up and the Greatest Hits as well, there will be no 'new' songs on the single B-Sides either. Just versions or live tracks or something.

Tut.
Weak track, not deserving to be on any album.
"All you need is me" has grown on me, but THPGU is desperately adolescent.
Won't win any new audience with that.

Truth be told I really dont think this is the worst choice for the single...so long as it gets all of the new live songs as b-sides. I feel first and foremost that this track is far better than The Youngest was the Most Loved which got single status. Also I felt the beat on the song was really quite good. And lyrically for the lyric involving the word sweetie..well there is "sunlit dream" in regards to a person which is cool and memorable. In short I dont see why people cant see this as a single

Back
Top Bottom