That version of On The Street I Ran...

Ripper

...where he says the band names at the end. Anyone have it for little old me?

Re: ???

Ooops, sorry about my sloppiness.

I found out that it was 7th August 2006 at Nöjesfabriken, Karlstad, Sweden.

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g060807.htm

This concert was a success, Morrissey and the band seemed to be in the best spirits, but it was incredibly hot. Two people tried to get on stage, but didn't make it. "In The Future When All's Well" and "On The Streets I Ran" returned to the setlist, they replaced "Still Ill" and "Trouble Loves Me". Unusually for the time Morrissey performed two songs for the encore.

Morrissey made a few references to Sweden throughout the evening. At some point he said "We're falling in love with Sweden so much that... we're in love..." He also said that if the Swedish fans all should buy 5 copies each of the new single he would come back to Sweden and play Bingolotto again. Morrissey also commented about the heat a few times. At some point he said "We've opened our own steaming hot sauna... and you're in it! So just take your clothes off and live." When he had his usual word with his number 1 fan in the front row, he asked "Are you there Julia? Oh, I think we need oxygen tubes..." To someone else in the audience he replied "So you love life... It will end..."

Besides this Morrissey let the audience introduce the band. He mimed the names but didn't say them out loud. After the first few songs he asked why he had not received any Plopp (the Swedish chocolate he kept receiving from Swedish fans on tour) yet. Moments later there were four or five Plopps on stage. He also apologised for his voice not being in top condition and as a way to compensate for this, on the next date they were all going to be naked on stage. He added that they were going to have exotic dancers in the background "...I will not sing - and be certain - it will sound better... just like those other artists, Kylie Minogue and... Madogga..."

There were of course some lyrics alterations. Besides the more common ones, in "Ganglord" Morrissey changed a line to "Remember the police can always shoot you", with a strong emphasis on 'shoot you'. He also changed the last lines in "On The Streets I Ran" to "take Boz, Matt, Gary, Jesse, Mike - just spare me". In "You Have Killed Me" he changed a line to "Pasolini is not me".

Unfortunately 7th August 2006 download link hadn't been posted here, possibly you find it from
http://smithstorrents.co.uk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom