That marine in Fallujah should get a silver star like Kerry did for the same shit

  • Thread starter Republican Party Reptile - I Love A Good Fight
  • Start date
R

Republican Party Reptile - I Love A Good Fight

Guest
And maybe he should run for prez in 20 years too!

Whatever the case, I love how people down below on the board are instantly such a lynch mob when they don't even know the facts until the investigation is over. Until I find out facts to make me feel otherwise, I stand behind the marine for taking out a terrorist. In the video they seemed to regard the person as an active threat.

www.instapundit.com:

======
FALLUJAH MARINE IN TROUBLE FOR "PULLING A KERRY:"

Patrolling the Bay Hap River, Kerry and his crew discovered they were about to be ambushed by a Vietcong soldier who had just popped up at the shoreline with a loaded rocket launcher in his hands. With the VC about to fire, Kerry crewmate Thomas Bellodeau shot and wounded the attacker, saving the entire boat.

Only then did Kerry leap to the shore to chase the wounded enemy down - finishing him off behind a hootch.

When critics suggested that Kerry's actions that day were something less than heroic, they were hooted down by the press.

Certainly the as yet unnamed Marine in Fallujah deserves, if not the Silver Star, the same slack the press cut Kerry.

This is a twist.

UPDATE: Bigwig says it was a fully justified Kerry.
======
 
L

L

Guest
you are even sicker than i thought

> And maybe he should run for prez in 20 years too!

> Whatever the case, I love how people down below on the board are instantly
> such a lynch mob when they don't even know the facts until the
> investigation is over. Until I find out facts to make me feel otherwise, I
> stand behind the marine for taking out a terrorist. In the video they
> seemed to regard the person as an active threat.

> www.instapundit.com :

> ======
> FALLUJAH MARINE IN TROUBLE FOR "PULLING A KERRY:"

> Patrolling the Bay Hap River, Kerry and his crew discovered they were
> about to be ambushed by a Vietcong soldier who had just popped up at the
> shoreline with a loaded rocket launcher in his hands. With the VC about to
> fire, Kerry crewmate Thomas Bellodeau shot and wounded the attacker,
> saving the entire boat.

> Only then did Kerry leap to the shore to chase the wounded enemy down -
> finishing him off behind a hootch.

> When critics suggested that Kerry's actions that day were something less
> than heroic, they were hooted down by the press.

> Certainly the as yet unnamed Marine in Fallujah deserves, if not the
> Silver Star, the same slack the press cut Kerry.

> This is a twist.

> UPDATE: Bigwig says it was a fully justified Kerry.
> ======

GO AND POLUTE SOME OTHER SITE WITH YOUR GARBAGE ,WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE SLIGHTEST IN YOUR RIGHT WING BULLSHIT.
 
R

Republican Party Reptile - I Love A Good Fight

Guest
Lynch mobs are sick. Let the investigation find the facts out.

As far as I can tell right now, he killed a terrorist piece of shit because every marine knows that the severely wounded during hand-to-hand combat are the most dangerous of all. So why should I want a pound of flesh out of a marine who was in battle against terrorists trying to kill him? Until an investigation finds facts that would warrant it, I will not be part of a lynch mob.

And I agree with www.andrewsullivan.com :

======
KILLING IN FALLUJA I: The video is grim enough; and if the marine in question is found guilty of violating rules of conduct, then he should face punishment. But I have to say I cannot stand in judgment of this young man, after what must have been brutal, terrifying days of urban conflict. This is surely what they call "what happens in wartime." It may not be morally defensible; but it is psychologically understandable. Franly, I'm grateful for what this man, half my age, is doing with his fellows in unspeakably terrifying circumstances. Compare his action with Abu Ghraib, and you can see the difference. One a snap judgment in a furious battle context; the other a pre-meditated example of abuse and murder of prisoners in U.S. custody.

A KILLING IN FALLUJA II: From the Times of London, which has just, long after intense lobbying from yours truly, put all its content online for free:

"In the south of Fallujah yesterday, US Marines found the armless, legless body of a blonde woman, her throat slashed and her entrails cut out. Benjamin Finnell, a hospital apprentice with the US Navy Corps, said that she had been dead for a while, but at that location for only a day or two. The woman was wearing a blue dress; her face had been disfigured. It was unclear if the remains were the body of the Irish-born aid worker Margaret Hassan, 59, or of Teresa Borcz, 54, a Pole abducted two weeks ago. Both were married to Iraqis and held Iraqi citizenship; both were kidnapped in Baghdad last month."

There you see the difference between the occasional horror of war and premeditated, conscious barbarism.
======
 
C

Conservative Morrissey Fan

Guest
Easy RPR. Do you really think you're going to change the liberals on this board? Don't think so. Be gentle or you'll hurt their feelings.
 
R

realitybites

Guest
Red Herring on board!

> As far as I can tell right now, he killed a terrorist piece of shit
> because every marine knows that the severely wounded during hand-to-hand
> combat are the most dangerous of all. So why should I want a pound of
> flesh out of a marine who was in battle against terrorists trying to kill
> him? Until an investigation finds facts that would warrant it, I will not
> be part of a lynch mob.

> And I agree with www.andrewsullivan.com :

> ======
> KILLING IN FALLUJA I: The video is grim enough; and if the marine in
> question is found guilty of violating rules of conduct, then he should
> face punishment. But I have to say I cannot stand in judgment of this
> young man, after what must have been brutal, terrifying days of urban
> conflict. This is surely what they call "what happens in
> wartime." It may not be morally defensible; but it is psychologically
> understandable. Franly, I'm grateful for what this man, half my age, is
> doing with his fellows in unspeakably terrifying circumstances. Compare
> his action with Abu Ghraib, and you can see the difference. One a snap
> judgment in a furious battle context; the other a pre-meditated example of
> abuse and murder of prisoners in U.S. custody.

> A KILLING IN FALLUJA II: From the Times of London, which has just, long
> after intense lobbying from yours truly, put all its content online for
> free:

> "In the south of Fallujah yesterday, US Marines found the armless,
> legless body of a blonde woman, her throat slashed and her entrails cut
> out. Benjamin Finnell, a hospital apprentice with the US Navy Corps, said
> that she had been dead for a while, but at that location for only a day or
> two. The woman was wearing a blue dress; her face had been disfigured. It
> was unclear if the remains were the body of the Irish-born aid worker
> Margaret Hassan, 59, or of Teresa Borcz, 54, a Pole abducted two weeks
> ago. Both were married to Iraqis and held Iraqi citizenship; both were
> kidnapped in Baghdad last month."

> There you see the difference between the occasional horror of war and
> premeditated, conscious barbarism.
> ======

Your argument is completely fallacious. You are using the past transgressions of Kerry and the execution of Margaret Hassan, to divert attention from the original issue - the Marine's unethical behavior.
 
R

Republican Party Reptile

Guest
I stand behind the marine until I hear facts that tell me he did something wrong

> Your argument is completely fallacious. You are using the past
> transgressions of Kerry and the execution of Margaret Hassan, to divert
> attention from the original issue - the Marine's unethical behavior.

Were you the one down below who called it "cold blooded murder"? Or were you the one who compared it to the Nazi SS?

Either way, talk about a rush to judgment for a battle situation where it is kill or be killed. Again, you have a lynch mob menality, or you're over-eager to jump on anything you can against America's troops (against the left doesn't have to pretend to support the troops anymore, now that the election is over). Why not wait till we have all of the facts before you scream for a pound of flesh?

In my mind, with the information we have so far, I probably would've done the same thing as the marine. This marine was shot the day before. He has seen a fellow soldier die from a booby trapped body. And he killed a terrorist psychopath who was using a mosque as a fortress. These terrorists are absolute barbarians,bheading civilians and worse. They use civilians as shields. They booby-trap their dead and wounded. The marines shouting "He's f***ing faking he's dead!" would indicate they were at fear for their lives, given their experience with others faking being dead who then attack.

Now if the investigation uncovers facts which say he did something wrong (for example, if the terrorist was already a prisoner, or was surrendering), that might be another thing.

But you, looking at a 30 second video, not caring whatsoever about the context or the nature of the enemy, and instantly declaring him a "cold blooded murderer", I find that absolutely political and bullshit.

And yes, it is a relevant point that you posted so passionately against this marine in a complete knee-jerk reaction to a 30 second video, but don't say a word about, say, Margarat Hassan's barbaric murder.

As for Kerry, obviously that's a bit of facetiousness. However, the fact is, the media did attack and try and silence anyone who dared to talk about the circumstances of his medals, one involving a situation not too much different from this marine's in Fallujah.
 
R

Republican Party Reptile

Guest
> Easy RPR. Do you really think you're going to change the liberals on this
> board? Don't think so. Be gentle or you'll hurt their feelings.

Some of these people are far to the left of ordinary, everyday liberals.

Anway, let them cry over the dead terrorist who would've chopped their heads off if given the opportunity. *rolls eyes*
 
R

realitybites

Guest
Re: I stand behind the marine until I hear facts that tell me he did something wrong

> Were you the one down below who called it "cold blooded murder"?
> Or were you the one who compared it to the Nazi SS?

This was not me.

> Now if the investigation uncovers facts which say he did something wrong
> (for example, if the terrorist was already a prisoner, or was
> surrendering), that might be another thing.

Ok, then let's hold-out on judging until the facts are revealed.

> But you, looking at a 30 second video, not caring whatsoever about the
> context or the nature of the enemy, and instantly declaring him a
> "cold blooded murderer", I find that absolutely political and
> bullshit.

It looked shady to me. But, I am willing to suspend further judgement until the facts are made clear.

> And yes, it is a relevant point that you posted so passionately against
> this marine in a complete knee-jerk reaction to a 30 second video, but
> don't say a word about, say, Margarat Hassan's barbaric murder.

This was sick, of course!

> As for Kerry, obviously that's a bit of facetiousness. However, the fact
> is, the media did attack and try and silence anyone who dared to talk
> about the circumstances of his medals, one involving a situation not too
> much different from this marine's in Fallujah.

So you admit to Kerry's past has little to do with the current issue?
 
R

Republican Party Reptile

Guest
Re: I stand behind the marine until I hear facts that tell me he did something wrong

> This was not me.

Okay, my bad then.

> Ok, then let's hold-out on judging until the facts are revealed.

Yeah that's what's fair. The marine deserves to be treated fairly, no matter what someone thinks about the leaders who sent him to war.

> It looked shady to me. But, I am willing to suspend further judgement
> until the facts are made clear.

> This was sick, of course!

> So you admit to Kerry's past has little to do with the current issue?

Yeah, it has little to do with it. Just thought that was funny.
 
R

realitybites

Guest
Re: I stand behind the marine until I hear facts that tell me he did something wrong

> Okay, my bad then.

> Yeah that's what's fair. The marine deserves to be treated fairly, no
> matter what someone thinks about the leaders who sent him to war.

> Yeah, it has little to do with it. Just thought that was funny.

It was funny. Hey it almost worked too, lol.
 
I

Irn Bru

Guest
GOOD TO SEE YOU & YOURSELF GETTING ON LIKE A HOUSE ON FIRE REALITYBITES!! MUPPET!
 
Top Bottom