"Thankskilling" - statement by Morrissey at true-to-you.net

Thankskilling - true-to-you.net
26 November 2013

Thankskilling

Please ignore the abysmal example set by President Obama who, in the name of Thanksgiving, supports torture as 45 million birds are horrifically abused; dragged through electrified stun baths, and then have their throats slit. And President Obama laughs. Haha, so funny!
As Ingrid Newkirk from PETA points out, turkey 'meat' is one of "our nation's top killers", causing heart-attacks and strokes in humans due to saturated animal fats and cholesterol. And President Obama laughs.
Further, the meat industry is responsible for 51% of human-caused greenhouse-gas emission, therefore the embarrassingly stupid White House 'turkey pardon' is open support for a viciously cruel and environmentally irresponsible industry.
And President Obama laughs.

MORRISSEY
26 November 2013

Even at points in my life when I ate turkey (which I don't currently) I always found the Presidential turkey pardon to be inexplicably unsettling. I can't quite explain why it unsettles me. The whole affair has certainly never struck me as lighthearted or somehow humorous. And Obama's jokes really didn't help change my opinion. I get that he thinks this is above him and a waste of time--I don't really blame him, but his jokes were just sort of crass.

I also couldn't help but note the size of the turkeys--38 pounds. That's not a natural size of a turkey. Animals in modern meat production are bred to be way bigger than they should be and often times can't walk or stand up. It's extremely horrific.

I am glad I am not the only one who picked up on this--someone at the Washington Post did as well--

And if the President was to really "pardon" a turkey wouldn't he not eat one on Thanksgiving? As opposed to a dumb ceremony with two animals he never intended to eat? And maybe he could take a week off from drone strikes or use his actual pardon powers to do something useful?

Exactly that , Chip ; the relentless illegal killings endure. Judicial oversight ... ha , ha , ha .... . God forbid any American President should see that terrorism is best addressed as a police action. Internment by the UK security forces during the height of the IRA business was dispensed with after one year. And yet Gitmo lingers on more than ten years later ...

My 'Norfolk' Granny (the one in Cork has no such worries) tells me she is deffo not buying a Turkey this year. She heard that some are full of MRSA and yet the food Standard Agency will not tell shoppers which Supermarkets are selling them (they have been slaughtered and so obvs for financial reasons nobody will be told which should be avoided) Like the Equine Horsemeat scandal nobody is held to account, give the peasants fodder they say, it is all about profit! So as I sit down to my Cranberry and Vegetable roast my darling Gran will sadly be having Goose instead this year, without the MRSA bug I pray!

What is THAT you are petting, Moz? THAT, sir, is a Genetically Modified NON-Turkey! FrankenTurkey, if you will. It cannot breed. These are real turkeys...I see them all the time here.
turkey_Henry-Zeman.jpg
;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom