Thank you so much Morrissey

HousingOfficer

I blame my mother
For all the wonderful music and helping me to make sense of my late adolescence, early 20's.

Personal High's

Unloveable
Hand that Rocks the Cradle
Please Please Please.....
Still Ill
Well I wonder
Vicar in a Tutu
Stretch out and Wait
Some Mothers.....

And more recently

Suedehead
Boxers
Teenage Dad
Certain People I know
First in the Gang to Die
All you need is Me
When last I spoke to Carol
One day Goodbye will be Farewell
Action is my Middle Name "Everybody has a date with an undertaker"

Unloveable

"All You Need Is Me" aside, I loved nearly all your choices. But "Unloveable?". That's got to be one of the weakest Smiths songs in their whole canon, Marr plays like he's half asleep!

To detract from all the negative Morrissey threads this forum appears to have got into a habit of posting I intend to keep this thread up near the top.

Can we not get back to main purpose of the site which was to celebrate the very unique and wonderful talent that is Morrissey. I urge anyone who shares my sentiment to do the same. Just reply to post a great Mozza song, should do the trick.

Asleep.

I haven't got adequate words to describe "Well I Wonder". It's heartbreaking, it's devastating, and it's so incredibly simple that the voice is the absolute central focus - sublime.

"Stretch Out and Wait" has got to be one of my favourites.

Edit: Sorry I didn't scroll up, I can see you already posted it. "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" is ridiculously good.

Last edited:
Madrid, 1985:

I remember Marr saying he loved that song because it was a "Morrissey torch song", and he wanted it to be a single.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impossible to do a definitive list of best of, but these are amongst his finest moments for me...........

Late Night Maudlin Street
This Charming Man
Jeane
Angel Angel Down We Go Together
There Is A Light.......
Rusholme Ruffians
Seasick Yet Still Docked
This Night Has Opened My Eyes

I prefer the live version to the studio track... if only for a chance to see Morrissey and Marr dancing together.

:love:

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember driving back up from my home in London to Loughborough University around end of 1983 and my mate putting on The Smiths 1st album. Thought then 'yes this will do for me'....

"Fifteen minutes with you
oh I wouldn't say no
people see no worth in you
oh but I do"

I could have been wild and I could have
Been free
But Nature played this trick on me

She wants it Now
And she will not wait
But she's too rough
And I'm too delicate

vs

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true

Last edited:
I could have been wild and I could have
Been free
But Nature played this trick on me

She wants it Now
And she will not wait
But she's too rough
And I'm too delicate

vs

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true

:D lol

Remember driving back up from my home in London to Loughborough University around end of 1983 and my mate putting on The Smiths 1st album. Thought then 'yes this will do for me'....

"Fifteen minutes with you
oh I wouldn't say no
people see no worth in you
oh but I do"

Ah, 'Reel Around the Fountain' makes me go all misty sometimes. The album version more so- I think it's the slightly different key.

Suffer Little Children has to be amongst one of the one's I cry too, that and Seasick oh and Well I Wonder. So powerful

Thank you for every single lyric from The Smiths.
Thank you for Bona Drag.
Thank you for all the songs I enjoy listening to.

Back
Top Bottom