"Thank you New York!!" - Morrissey - @officialmoz / Twitter; all 7 shows "sold out instantly"

20190308_224845.jpg
IMG_20190308_225007.jpg
IMG_20190308_225013.jpg
IMG_20190308_225015.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE Mar. 11:

Link with similar photos posted by Thewlis:

MORRISSEY ON BROADWAY - Morrissey Central
March 9, 2019

All 7 shows for Morrissey on Broadway went on sale yesterday morning and sold out instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or alternatively just go buy one. There's loads available. Pitiful marketing.

Looks like you are looking at RESELLING sites,selling tix at inflated prices.
Nearly every popular gig has "loads available " on these sites before the gig.
"Pitiful marketing" ?
It seems to have done it's job.
You've just given it another,airing too.Well done.

Or alternatively just go buy one. There's loads available. Pitiful marketing.

If you check out Broadwayworld site(the only official seller) you will find you are wrong.
Hardly any left there.
The scalpers look to be selling on reselling sites such as Ticketmaster.

If you check out Broadwayworld site(the only official seller) you will find you are wrong.
Hardly any left there.
The scalpers look to be selling on reselling sites such as Ticketmaster.

Tickemaster are the official retailer for the New York shows as per the link on the tour section of this site. The blue dots are unsold seats and the pink ones are resellers. There are loads left for every night. On the right hand side it tells you which are the standard tickets and which are verified resales. This is the availability for tonights show.

Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 19.09.05.png

Last edited:
Tickemaster are the official retailer for the New York shows as per the link on the tour section of this site. The blue dots are unsold seats and the pink ones are resellers. There are loads left for every night. On the right hand side it tells you which are the standard tickets and which are verifies resales. This is the availability for tonights show.
View attachment 49055

They've (Ticketmaster... not resellers) lowered some of the prices. Unbelievable. Tickets that were once $279 are now going for $149. I should know because I bought one at the original price [after swearing I wouldn't] and now the currently vacant seat next to me is selling for $130 less than what I paid. Ever felt had, indeed.

Instant sellout, though.

Tickemaster are the official retailer for the New York shows as per the link on the tour section of this site. The blue dots are unsold seats and the pink ones are resellers. There are loads left for every night. On the right hand side it tells you which are the standard tickets and which are verifies resales. This is the availability for tonights show.

View attachment 49055

Can i ask you which site that plan is on? Never seen those different coloured dots before.

Can i ask you which site that plan is on? Never seen those different coloured dots before.

Ticketmasters, click on the tour link at the top of the page just under Morrissey Solo and then on any of the New York dates and a map of the venue comes up, zoom in and you can see seat availability and the price.

All nights sold out? Interesting

All nights sold out? Interesting

I'm a bit nervous about the 7th (availability below) as it's the one my wife and daughter are attending, however if he cancels they should be able to get tickets for another night looking at the availability. Wonder why he claims they were all instant sell outs, he's making himself look silly.

Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 21.40.07.png

Last edited:
Presumably the later dates are more likely to cancel

I just bought a center row orchestra seat for tonight's performance at below face value on Ticketmaster.

There are still great seats (like fourth row) available right now.

I just bought a center row orchestra seat for tonight's performance at below face value on Ticketmaster.

There are still great seats (like fourth row) available right now.

í hope that you have a fabulous night A.

Please report back; good or bad?

í will be there in spirit only. With my spirits... :yum:

í hope that you have a fabulous night A.

Please report back; good or bad?

í will be there in spirit only. With my spirits... :yum:

Why thank you Joe!

I wasn't going to go. I really wasn't.

But who can resist the siren call (also, tickets have been discounted)?

Looks like all tickets for all nights have been reduced to $125 or $99, some real bargains for people who can get there. Feel sorry for those who paid $399!

Just checked again and the big reductions are for the first 2 nights, smaller reductions for the middle dates and the latter ones are still full price. Bit of an odd strategy as people will just hold off now knowing that they will drop from 399 to$125 as the week progresses? Even odder that he claimed they were all instant sell outs.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

skinny check out the montreal and toronto videos, filled to the rafters.
so will the nyc shows:thumb:

it is what it is skinny
Moz:thumbsup:
twat Mr Cometry:thumbsdown:

Looks like all tickets for all nights have been reduced to $125 or $99, some real bargains for people who can get there. Feel sorry for those who paid $399!

Just checked again and the big reductions are for the first 2 nights, smaller reductions for the middle dates and the latter ones are still full price. Bit of an odd strategy as people will just hold off now knowing that they will drop from 399 to$125 as the week progresses? Even odder that he claimed they were all instant sell outs.

It is an odd strategy, you're right.

Re claiming instant sell outs, it reminds me of working in publishing when you get an anxious author asking "how's my book doing?" (and can you *imagine* how f***ing anxious Morrissey must be with his promoters, managers, record companies, publishers...) and the easiest answer is to say something like "Oh, we've shipped out the whole first print run" just to get the author to leave you alone for a few days. But what you don't then want your author to do is go online and tell the world that his book is an instant best-seller or anything. So I suspect this is more down to (a) people trying to keep M happy and (b) M being immature about it and unable to resist bragging...

he did shout something like "sold out!" last time he performed at the theater @ madison square garden, as if he was calling out the naysayers.

Why thank you Joe!

I wasn't going to go. I really wasn't.

But who can resist the siren call (also, tickets have been discounted)?

There are probably only 2 places left on this manky planet where í would find that old Lancashire Lure impossible to resist ~ Broadway is one {NYC; as opposed to...Tooting}

Holmfirth Picturedrome would be the other.

Break a Leg! :)

If Morrissey had done 2-3 nights in a GA venue such as Hammerstein Ballroom (as he has in the past) at a more reasonable original price point, I'm sure they would have legit sold out early on.

I think that "Broadway" might do ticketing a little differently than traditional concert venues. I think a certain percentage of tickets may be held back for sale closer to the performance date, which would account for what we're seeing here.

There are probably only 2 places left on this manky planet where í would find that old Lancashire Lure impossible to resist ~ Broadway is one {NYC; as opposed to...Tooting}

Holmfirth Picturedrome would be the other.

Break a Leg! :)

Love the Picturdome, seen the Bunnymen twice and Buzzcocks there. The hotel over the pub next door is a but shitty though!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom