Morrissey Central "THANK YOU, LIVERPOOL THANK YOU, DUBLIN" (April 6, 2023)

Love this!
chrome_screenshot_1680789927493.png

-No record label
-No management
-No airplay
-No promotion
-No television
-No new release since March 2020
-No media support
-a rush
-and a push
-and the land is ours

Last edited by a moderator:
get thousands of cds of without music done and sell them at the shows,takes out any record companies,hotcakes they will sell like,says yoda.
I think it was Suede about 20 years ago who played a set at Royal Festival Hall and for anyone willing to wait around for about 40 mins afterwards, you could buy a freshly minted CD of that evening's gig. A brilliant idea that I'm surprised never took off. I bet Moz could sell shedloads of CDs just doing that.

I think it was Suede about 20 years ago who played a set at Royal Festival Hall and for anyone willing to wait around for about 40 mins afterwards, you could buy a freshly minted CD of that evening's gig. A brilliant idea that I'm surprised never took off. I bet Moz could sell shedloads of CDs just doing that.
Definitely a good thing for Morrissey to do and a better look than autographing and selling other artists' albums.

Good for M
. Proud of him but then he's always been popular in Ireland , so not sure why the boasting
He is played on UK and Irish radio , it's just mainly the Smiths and older stuff

Have to say really looking forward to these gigs .
I don't believe in M like I used to but his gigs are still suck fecking fun
Life isn't easy in the UK and Ireland these days - the terror threat has been increased
So this is really great news .

Just got into LA last night
It's no wonder people are leaving.
They still have some of the cinemas closed
It's really not like it was .
I'd still like to live here properly , have it as my home base ,
But if you have M and Johnny Depp's cash you can live well in the UK and go where you want ,when you want

See you all in Ireland
Fascinating. Please tell us more about where you've been and where you want to settle down!! So neat!!

Definitely a good thing for Morrissey to do and a better look than autographing and selling other artists' albums.
That’s old news surely…

-f*** record labels
-f*** management
-f*** airplay
-f*** promotion
-f*** television
-f*** new release since March 2020
-f*** media support

-Now make a rush and a push towards getting your new music out anyway you goddamn well and the land will be yours!

it cant be that hard to find someone who knows about copying cds in large anounts,give him an envelope of cash and the fans head home happy,would piss captol off as well.and one vinyl record for acton,unsigned.

That’s are companies who record gigs and you can buy the cds when you leave

That’s are companies who record gigs and you can buy the cds when you leave
i typed on here years ago,sure it was metallica who used to do this and this was a long time ago.

it wasnt about a recording of the concert it was about getting without music the world dies cds done and sold at the concerts.

A thank you to all the fans would be nice. I know, though, (you don't have to tell me) he isn't 'nice', so we can just put that in our pipes and smoke it!

A thank you to all the fans would be nice. I know, though, (you don't have to tell me) he isn't 'nice', so we can just put that in our pipes and smoke it!
That's what "Thank you Liverpool, thank you Dublin" means. He's not thanking the architecture.

I’m sure I remember reading an interview where Moz said he records every show already.

The Live show CDs has been raised before as an obvious money maker. My hunch is that Morrissey is a bit of a perfectionist, and this system really only works if you can commit to being happy to release unedited 'warts and all' recordings, no matter what happens, night after night. The turnaround time is so fast there's no time to review these things. Maybe he doesn't want stuff out there without being sure he didn't flub the odd line, miss a couple of notes etc. It also adds a bit of pressure on the band and artist if they know they are being professionally recorded at all times, and any slight mistake or off the cuff remark to the audience is going to be preserved forever.

As a fan I'd like it, but there's zero chance for any quality control, so I get why some artists would be wary.

M should avoid record companies if he can,just watched the lewis capaldi docu on netflix,15 billion streams,1 million tickets sold and he is no more than a cart horse for these people,he has been diagnosed with tourettes which makes his shoulder twitch,shocking the way these artists are treated,well worth a watch,like most scots swearing is a national sport so dont watch with children.

Oh please, stop whining. Hire a manager, release the album yourself and give interviews to proper journalists instead of gibbering fangirls. Putting a record out might get you in the television and radio too.
Stop being so miserable he's trying to put out his latest record but for some reason he can't at this time👍

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom