Morrissey Central "Texas massacre" (May 27, 2022)

Not to miss the point, but this is an excellent cover by the excellent band Stars ... who happen to have a great new album out today.

so sad that 21 children and adults have died due to a culture that is driven by guns and what makes it even worse is that the government are powerless to do anything about it.
the right to bear arms was invented when they had muskets,single shot and about a minute to re-load,fast forward 200 years and now they have light machine guns which can shoot hundred of rounds in a minute.

So the children of Texas deserve respect in death by terrorism but...not the children of Norway?

Morrissey's comments on the Oslo massacre by Brievik will come back to haunt him upon the release of 'Bonfire Of Teenagers'.

BrummieBoy

So the children of Texas deserve respect in death by terrorism but...not the children of Norway?

Morrissey's comments on the Oslo massacre by Brievik will come back to haunt him upon the release of 'Bonfire Of Teenagers'.

BrummieBoy
At no point did Moz suggest that the victims of the Norway massacre did not deserve respect. He merely suggested that maybe our instinct to pick up a weapon and kill - and slaughter - is an instinct that the human race should aspire to overcome.

The fact that he never would have posted anything about this if the person had not used a Smith’s song, says all you need to know. Bad taste.

I don't know how I feel about that song snippet/collage. So hard to watch, such a tragic killing of beautiful children with their lives barely begun, a lovely cover version, and maybe it's ok because Patty Rodriguez originally posted it, but why did Messages From Moz post it. A site that posts every and any mention of Moz and The Smiths. If it was posted for the right reasons then OK, but maybe Moz could have posted a line or two about his sympathy for the lovely children and their grieving relatives.

I don't know how I feel about that song snippet/collage. So hard to watch, such a tragic killing of beautiful children with their lives barely begun, a lovely cover version, and maybe it's ok because Patty Rodriguez originally posted it, but why did Messages From Moz post it.
We may never know. We could assume the song speaks for Morrissey, can that be it? and it may speak for those that knew the victims too (?) maybe in the same way you used art, the words from ‘Yes, I am Blind’ to express yourself above.
A site that posts every and any mention of Moz and The Smiths. If it was posted for the right reasons then OK,
Well that wouldn’t be any fun. I mean, if we assumed it was posted for the right reasons, then it wouldn’t give some of us the chance to point out what we imagine is wrong with Morrissey and ‘right’ about ourselves and others.
but maybe Moz could have posted a line or two about his sympathy for the lovely children and their grieving relatives.

maybe the song is enough? maybe not enough for you or some? Moz could have, Moz should have? the guy just can’t win.

so sad that 21 children and adults have died due to a culture that is driven by guns and what makes it even worse is that the government are powerless to do anything about it.
the right to bear arms was invented when they had muskets,single shot and about a minute to re-load,fast forward 200 years and now they have light machine guns which can shoot hundred of rounds in a minute.
What I've never understood is that the 'right to bear arms' clearly already has limits - I don't think American citizens are allowed to carry submachine guns, rocket launchers or tactical nukes - so why not limit allowable 'arms' to something slightly less lethal. Like, I dunno, spud guns or airguns or something you can't use to shoot up a school?

But what is this ‘hunger’ ? Is it an ‘instinct’?
If this hunger is a problem, then how can it be addressed without harming another?
It's a primary need that needs to be addressed by showing alternatives to killing and raping.

interesting comment, that I do agree with in someway. But are guns the problem or the people that use them? Are guns the problem or the society that creates the people that use them? People that do such things are mentally ill, how did they become the way they have, to do what they have? What is the root of the problem?

A mixture of both I suppose, maybe background checks and banning automatic rifles are the answer.

A mixture of both I suppose, maybe background checks and banning automatic rifles are the answer.

or address and correct the reasons why a person would want to acquire and use them in the first place.

We may never know. We could assume the song speaks for Morrissey, can that be it? and it may speak for those that knew the victims too (?) maybe in the same way you used art, the words from ‘Yes, I am Blind’ to express yourself above.

Well that wouldn’t be any fun. I mean, if we assumed it was posted for the right reasons, then it wouldn’t give some of us the chance to point out what we imagine is wrong with Morrissey and ‘right’ about ourselves and others.

maybe the song is enough? maybe not enough for you or some? Moz could have, Moz should have? the guy just can’t win.
You are Camille Vasquez of Morrissey-solo.com :D
Sam posted this message. It's ok.
But I don't see any connection between this post and Morrissey. Really. Morrissey has already expressed his opinion about this type of massacre . I was an eyewitness to it. And let's stick to it, whether someone likes it or not.

There’s a Smiths song being used to express peoples emotions, and possibly Morrissey’s or Sam’s also (?)
No, it expresses the emotions of the person who created this video . That's for sure .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom