Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to resume in Denver (Feb. 21)

An anonymous person posted the link:

Morrissey still sick, postpones Texas dates again - BrooklynVegan

We were hopeful, but alas...

As the doctor has ordered MORRISSEY to rest for two additional weeks, the upcoming Texas engagements in El Paso (2/12), Austin (2/13), Pharr (2/15), Beaumont (2/16), and Dallas (2/18) will need to be rescheduled. MORRISSEY is currently undergoing treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett's esophagus. These shows are in the process of being rescheduled immediately and all patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as the new dates will be announced shortly. MORRISSEY thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes and looks forward to getting back on the road. The tour will resume as scheduled in Denver at Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre on Feb 21.

kskiska also sends word the news is posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page.

UPDATE Feb. 11:

CrystalGeezer posted the link:

Fans beg stricken smiths singer Morrissey to cancel gigs - Manchester Evening News
11 Feb 2013 12:55
The Smiths star, pictured, is in hospital in the US being treated for a bleeding ulcer and throat condition Barrett's Oesophagus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

You understand that this "sighting" is 100% fake, don't you?
No one with a recent bleeding ulcer would order chips and coke... unless this person is a masochist. Or an idiot.
Can't believe people are actually discussing this gossip...

Maybe he doesn't have an ulcer.

Also, what you just said is utter bullshit. People recovering from ulcers (at least once the bleeding has stopped) can eat small amounts of tortilla chips, drink sodas in moderation, etc. They definitely shouldn't have anything spicy, such as jalapenos. And alcohol is particularly bad... so one might choose to drink a diet coke instead.

Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

"Nah na na na nah" !!!! I'm loving it !!!!
It really does paint a vulgar picture does'nt it ?
I would have expected something on the headlines of "Morrissey staunch veggie turns up at tex-mex restaurant demands meat is off the menu and pays the bill for all the diners"!
Oh well ! I guess health, wealth and standards are slipping just like the songs !!!!

sad son

I think the UK meat industry can expect a good old-fashioned Morrissey rant very soon concerning horse-meat ! Its not going to be nice but it will get him the exposure he desperately craves due to the fact nobody pays any attention to his barking mad ramblings about the british monarchy, Falkland islands, Never being given awards, Royal morning sickness, David Beckham, Simon Cowell etc etc etc.
Yes he's probably planning to re-issue and re-package his old song meat is murder, (he might as well do he's done it with all his other songs ) You can expect an extra track and a tacky badge (no not a sticker).
He's itching to get back in the public eye now, with a very smug mug on his shoulders.
The stage is set for The Smiths now but remember this if its not Andy, Mike, Johnny and him well its not The Smiths is it ?

we'll let you know

WeHo sighting poster here.

I know you are being sarcastic, but I did get a few more deets from my friend,in case you were wondering.

It was a regular Mexican restaurant,with all kinds of meat and seafood on the menu, but with it being in WeHo, has a good vegetarian menu.
All of the Moz Posse ordered off the vegetarian menu.

Moz asked for jalapeño-less guac. with no onions and xtra lime juice.
Oh, and they tipped very well...around 40%!

I did read once that when he was asked if he has any allergies, he said Onions make him pass out.

On Tuesday night, a friend of mine saw Morrissey at a Mexican restaurant in WeHo where he works as a busboy.
Mozzer had chips and guacamole a diet coke. Nothing else. He was there with Liam and Arturo and Damon. My friend was bold and just went up to Morrissey and said what a big fan he was. He asked Morrissey to sign a napkin, which he did
He even asked him what he thought of the Grammy's. Mozz, true to form, just laughed and said "They were absolute rubbish!" :)

Who is liam, arturo and damon?

I did read once that when he was asked if he has any allergies, he said Onions make him pass out.

sad son

Wrong ! *pass wind

we'll let you know

I didn't know that. I love onions. My grandpa used to eat raw onions like an apple, just bite into them.

My vegetarian quirk is that I don't care for raw tomatoes. Unless its in salsa (that has a ton jalapeños and ONIONS. :p) then I'll eat them, but served in a salad? Meh.

My friend Em hates onion in everything, she can detect onion in something from another room. Except she'll eat fried onion rings. :squiffy:

When my magnificant and wonderous wife was pregnant she aquired an aversion to houmous. So when I bought some, I hid it in a remote part of the house and yet somehow she knew it was in the house so I had to literally bin it with her witnessing the chucking away so she could be sure.

I didn't know that. I love onions. My grandpa used to eat raw onions like an apple, just bite into them.

My vegetarian quirk is that I don't care for raw tomatoes. Unless its in salsa (that has a ton jalapeños and ONIONS. :p) then I'll eat them, but served in a salad? Meh.

My friend Em hates onion in everything, she can detect onion in something from another room. Except she'll eat fried onion rings. :squiffy:
Fried onions are alot different, munching raw onions makes me gag, hate it, i'll eat them boiled or fried though aslong as i can't taste the bitterness i love them. If i saw your grandad bite out of a raw one like an apple, id be the one passing out :sick:

Last edited:

Fried onions are alot different, munching raw onions makes me gag, hate it, i'll eat them boiled or fried though aslong as i can't taste the bitterness i love them. If i saw your grandad bite out of a raw one like an apple, id be the one passing out :sick:

Lets drop the onion shit ! FFS what is this gardners world.com ?

Back on topic please

Who is liam, arturo and damon?

Not sure, but it beats eating dinner alone.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... Moz must be feeling much better, I saw him at the Soundgarden concert at the Wiltern last night. Sorry for those of you with tix to the show he canceled!!

Black hole sun, won't you come...

Lets drop the onion shit ! FFS what is this gardners world.com ?

Back on topic please
deary me, you wrote a monologue about your onion stories. next time keep your trap shut :thumb:
all me me me with you isn't it!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom