Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to resume in Denver (Feb. 21)

An anonymous person posted the link:

Morrissey still sick, postpones Texas dates again - BrooklynVegan

We were hopeful, but alas...

As the doctor has ordered MORRISSEY to rest for two additional weeks, the upcoming Texas engagements in El Paso (2/12), Austin (2/13), Pharr (2/15), Beaumont (2/16), and Dallas (2/18) will need to be rescheduled. MORRISSEY is currently undergoing treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett's esophagus. These shows are in the process of being rescheduled immediately and all patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as the new dates will be announced shortly. MORRISSEY thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes and looks forward to getting back on the road. The tour will resume as scheduled in Denver at Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre on Feb 21.

kskiska also sends word the news is posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page.

UPDATE Feb. 11:

CrystalGeezer posted the link:

Fans beg stricken smiths singer Morrissey to cancel gigs - Manchester Evening News
11 Feb 2013 12:55
The Smiths star, pictured, is in hospital in the US being treated for a bleeding ulcer and throat condition Barrett's Oesophagus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

On Tuesday night, a friend of mine saw Morrissey at a Mexican restaurant in WeHo where he works as a busboy.
Mozzer had chips and guacamole a diet coke. Nothing else. He was there with Liam and Arturo and Damon. My friend was bold and just went up to Morrissey and said what a big fan he was. He asked Morrissey to sign a napkin, which he did
He even asked him what he thought of the Grammy's. Mozz, true to form, just laughed and said "They were absolute rubbish!" :)

Did he have to salt Morrisseys chips for him so he does'nt get contaminated from the meat eaters ?

Is it a Veggie Mex restaurant or do they serve animal flesh as well ? These details are VERY important now hurry up and report back please

Did Morrissey bring his own vegetarian eating utensils ?

Or is he back on the meat on strict 'Doctors orders' because he's anemic ?

Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

Did he have to salt Morrisseys chips for him so he does'nt get contaminated from the meat eaters ?

Is it a Veggie Mex restaurant or do they serve animal flesh as well ? These details are VERY important now hurry up and report back please

WeHo sighting poster here.

I know you are being sarcastic, but I did get a few more deets from my friend,in case you were wondering.

It was a regular Mexican restaurant,with all kinds of meat and seafood on the menu, but with it being in WeHo, has a good vegetarian menu.
All of the Moz Posse ordered off the vegetarian menu.

Moz asked for jalapeño-less guac. with no onions and xtra lime juice.
Oh, and they tipped very well...around 40%!

I am a vegetarian.I do eat at restauraunts that have meat on the menu.In my neck of the woods there are no vegetarian restaurants.Most menu`s do have veggie options.I think you will find that most vegetarians do eat in restaurants that do serve meat.They just order accordingly.Even PETA offers guides on how to go veggie in regular restaurants ect..

Or is he back on the meat on strict 'Doctors orders' becau
se he's anemic ?

okay....obviously some of you don't understand that salt and pepper shakers in restaurants are so very nasty and you can pick up all sorts of viruses off of them. Morrissey probably was trying very hard not to get sick and that is why he had someone salt and pepper his food. Sadly, the bleeding ulcer and Barret's Oesophagus had other plans to which he couldn't control.

Also, Mexican restaurants have the best selection of vegetarian dishes. Maybe that's all they had to choose from...

I know you are being sarcastic, but I did get a few more deets from my friend,in case you were wondering.

It was a regular Mexican restaurant,with all kinds of meat and seafood on the menu, but with it being in WeHo, has a good vegetarian menu.

Only asking because he likes to give the impression he can't bear to be near the smell of burning flesh or meat in the past !!!!
You know like when he bought all the meat from a butchers near a venue he played and donated it to the poor, or paying Maccas not sell horse burgers
and chicken nuggets, taking away peoples freedom of choice to make up their own minds about what they put in their mouths at the Staples center gig !!! So he can croon without the wiff.
Yet here he is sitting happily among the flesh eaters and the sizzling fragrance of murder !!!
"Nah na na na nah . . . . . . .I'm lovin it "

okay....obviously some of you don't understand that salt and pepper shakers in restaurants are so very nasty and you can pick up all sorts of viruses off of them. Morrissey probably was trying very hard not to get sick and that is why he had someone salt and pepper his food. Sadly, the bleeding ulcer and Barret's Oesophagus had other plans to which he couldn't control.

Also, Mexican restaurants have the best selection of vegetarian dishes. Maybe that's all they had to choose from...

Oh yeh 'We understand' alright !!!
He may as well be sat inside Ronald-Donalds chomping on a McCucumber and gerkin royale with lashings of gwok-o-mole and fries salted by others hands.

"An assistant springs to his feet to grind the rock salt. I'm sure this was not down to laziness but fears contamination from meat eaters who had previously used the condinent." - The last half about meat eater contamination was just a 'sweeping statement, not neccissarily fact.
However, having someone get up and grind salt for you can be considered a bit snobbish.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, where is WeHo? Not picking up on the acronym.

Good to hear MOZ is out and about, great indicator the tour will continue in Utah and beyond?

However, having someone get up and grind salt for you can be considered a bit snobbish.

Thanks for the clarification.

"An assistant springs to his feet to grind the rock salt. I'm assured this was not down to laziness but fears contamination from meat eaters who had previously used the condinent." - The last half about meat eater contamination was just a 'sweeping statement, not neccissarily fact.
]

Yes, it does seem a bit"snobbish", but considering how easy he gets sick, I can see why he would do it. I really believe he was trying to get through this tour without a personal sickness. Especially since it was a second time around....

xxxxx

Last edited:

xxxxx

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, where is WeHo? Not picking up on the acronym.

Good to hear MOZ is out and about, great indicator the tour will continue in Utah and beyond?

Yes, West Hollywood, on Santa Monica Blvd. Sorry for not clarifying in my original post.

Yes, I'm sure that's what it was, but he will never live it down. In five years time, some dim-witted interviewer will ask if he still has an assistant to salt his chips, and if so, does he have someone to cut his meal into bite size pieces. It'll drive him crazy.

"Nah na na na nah" !!!! I'm loving it !!!!
It really does paint a vulgar picture does'nt it ?
I would have expected something on the headlines of "Morrissey staunch veggie turns up at tex-mex restaurant demands meat is off the menu and pays the bill for all the diners"!
Oh well ! I guess health, wealth and standards are slipping just like the songs !!!!

Damn it.I would salt Morrissey`s chips with a giant smile on my face! .:p

Damn it.I would salt Morrissey`s chips with a giant smile on my face! .:p

Stupidity'll do that to a person

You understand that this "sighting" is 100% fake, don't you?
No one with a recent bleeding ulcer would order chips and coke... unless this person is a masochist. Or an idiot.
Can't believe people are actually discussing this gossip...

Stupidity'll do that to a person

Yes Anonymous person(I think I`m being a bit generous by calling you that)

Perhaps you don`t understand what a joke is.To quote Mr.Duckie Dale"It`s called a sense of humor you should get one their nice"

It`s really brave to call someone names when you are anonymous.

You understand that this "sighting" is 100% fake, don't you?
No one with a recent bleeding ulcer would order chips and coke... unless this person is a masochist. Or an idiot.
Can't believe people are actually discussing this gossip...

One time I broke my arm and went to a company picnic a week later and discovered the cast made an excellent reinforcement to serve the ball perfectly every time. I never played better. And my arm healed fine. :cool:

That's all I got whether fake or not I bought it and an now going to bed. :p

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom