Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to resume in Denver (Feb. 21)

An anonymous person posted the link:

Morrissey still sick, postpones Texas dates again - BrooklynVegan

We were hopeful, but alas...

As the doctor has ordered MORRISSEY to rest for two additional weeks, the upcoming Texas engagements in El Paso (2/12), Austin (2/13), Pharr (2/15), Beaumont (2/16), and Dallas (2/18) will need to be rescheduled. MORRISSEY is currently undergoing treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett's esophagus. These shows are in the process of being rescheduled immediately and all patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as the new dates will be announced shortly. MORRISSEY thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes and looks forward to getting back on the road. The tour will resume as scheduled in Denver at Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre on Feb 21.

kskiska also sends word the news is posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page.

UPDATE Feb. 11:

CrystalGeezer posted the link:

Fans beg stricken smiths singer Morrissey to cancel gigs - Manchester Evening News
11 Feb 2013 12:55
The Smiths star, pictured, is in hospital in the US being treated for a bleeding ulcer and throat condition Barrett's Oesophagus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised he doesn't just cancel the whole tour at this point, as opposed to just doing so piece meal.

Obviously he needs time to recover and get well.

Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

Maybe this is just a plan or code for the start of The Smiths' reunion rehearsals. Get well soon...

Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

I certainly wouldn't complain for poor ol Moz canceling for illness reasons. I just wish instead of stringing along the whole rescheduling promise they'd just cancel 'em and try again later this year or next if he feels like it. I mean, I am very unsure about this tour continuing and if so I'd kinda want to get my money (sadly minus 20$ of it for ridiculous venue fees) back because I'm basically a college hobo right now lol, and instead of that money being in venue limbo I want it in grocery form.

Maybe this is just a plan or code for the start of The Smiths' reunion rehearsals. Get well soon...

Sssshhh ! Can you just stop there right now please. (In a whisper voice read on ) We don't want Boz and the twangers to know about these rehearsals just yet thanks, nudge nudge wink, Mums the word ok !

Stephanie Avenue

I am surprised he doesn't just cancel the whole tour at this point, as opposed to just doing so piece meal.

Obviously he needs time to recover and get well.

He hasn't cancelled the whole tour cuz Morrissey is an optimist. Everybody knows that.

Im so very sorry the Moz is ill.. I had tickets back in Feburary 2012 for the first cancled show. I have loved this man for most of my life but a lil frustrated. I mean I live in this small town in Texas and I have to drive at least 4 hours to see the show. I have to get time off of work, sitters for my children, and book a hotel. And now Im out of vacation time and he is to reschedule once again. Wish it was that simple for me to just take off and see the man.. I wish all the best Mr. Morrissey and hope for a speedy recovery.. Hopefully I will get to see him on his third attempt.

Im so very sorry the Moz is ill.. I had tickets back in Feburary 2012 for the first cancled show. I have loved this man for most of my life but a lil frustrated. I mean I live in this small town in Texas and I have to drive at least 4 hours to see the show. I have to get time off of work, sitters for my children, and book a hotel. And now Im out of vacation time and he is to reschedule once again. Wish it was that simple for me to just take off and see the man.. I wish all the best Mr. Morrissey and hope for a speedy recovery.. Hopefully I will get to see him on his third attempt.

I'm always impressed by the distances travelled and time spent in following Morrissey over in North America, even if I do believe America ruined him as an artist. I live in southern England and I can't say I'd drive to Glasgow to see him.

I'm always impressed by the distances travelled and time spent in following Morrissey over in North America, even if I do believe America ruined him as an artist. I live in southern England and I can't say I'd drive to Glasgow to see him.
Hey Johnny, I'm interested in your comment about America ruining Moz as an artist. Could you expand on this?
I must say, I wish he'd tour the UK as extensively as he does the States.
I think, due to the enormity of the continent that Americans do not consider driving huge distances to be as onerous as us!

Hey Johnny, I'm interested in your comment about America ruining Moz as an artist. Could you expand on this?
I must say, I wish he'd tour the UK as extensively as he does the States.
I think, due to the enormity of the continent that Americans do not consider driving huge distances to be as onerous as us!
Maybe because the usa is bigger than england?

Re: El Paso, Texas, concert to be rescheduled for an undetermined April date

Boz Boorer is tour with the Polecats in April so unless Morrissey is planning to replace Boz this is unlikely to happen.

He comes out...no band...unplugged, totally a Capella, and blows our minds. The audience provides the backing vocals. Night to remember. Talked about for a long, long time. OK...maybe not. But I was having a moment there, so don't crap on it! :love:

Our roadways are different than those overseas. As much fun as I had driving the Autobahns in Germany, anything over an hour or so felt like torture. Yet, here in the U.S.A., driving a few hours is a cake walk! PLUS our petrol is $3.39 a gallon...

My friend lost her dad to a problem initially diagnosed as being this Barrett's esophagus. This is not something to take lightly and I hope Morrissey is better soon.

get well soon moz

REALLY??
Will I get my $$ back? For true?
I've had him cancell more times
than not. I've gotten my $$ back
each time. It's not the money, simpleton.
I LIVE IN f***ING FLORIDA.
I should be over Him, it's shameful a man
my age (50) still gives a shit, but I'm powerless;
I love the guy.
Thanks captain obvious!!!
Any more tips??

Tony/Miami

consoling2.gif I feel your pain.

My friend used to use the word "ruin" synonymous with "spoiled"...maybe we've spoiled him here. :blushing: Just a wee bit.

On Tuesday night, a friend of mine saw Morrissey at a Mexican restaurant in WeHo where he works as a busboy.
Mozzer had chips and guacamole a diet coke. Nothing else. He was there with Liam and Arturo and Damon. My friend was bold and just went up to Morrissey and said what a big fan he was. He asked Morrissey to sign a napkin, which he did
He even asked him what he thought of the Grammy's. Mozz, true to form, just laughed and said "They were absolute rubbish!" :)

P.S. I'm the same anonymous whose friend saw Morrissey Tuesday evening.
I forgot to add that he said Morrissey looked great, and was wearing a dark blazer with some kind of rock t-shirt underneath.
And, my friend, upon leaving Mozz and his krew's company, said say hello to Boz for him.

To which Moz replied, "Well, okay, but he's in Portugal at the moment."

Tuddy! :cool:

Thanks for reporting that cool sighting.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom