Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to resume in Denver (Feb. 21)

An anonymous person posted the link:

Morrissey still sick, postpones Texas dates again - BrooklynVegan

We were hopeful, but alas...

As the doctor has ordered MORRISSEY to rest for two additional weeks, the upcoming Texas engagements in El Paso (2/12), Austin (2/13), Pharr (2/15), Beaumont (2/16), and Dallas (2/18) will need to be rescheduled. MORRISSEY is currently undergoing treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett's esophagus. These shows are in the process of being rescheduled immediately and all patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as the new dates will be announced shortly. MORRISSEY thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes and looks forward to getting back on the road. The tour will resume as scheduled in Denver at Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre on Feb 21.

kskiska also sends word the news is posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page.

UPDATE Feb. 11:

CrystalGeezer posted the link:

Fans beg stricken smiths singer Morrissey to cancel gigs - Manchester Evening News
11 Feb 2013 12:55
The Smiths star, pictured, is in hospital in the US being treated for a bleeding ulcer and throat condition Barrett's Oesophagus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

I've had him cancell more times
than not.

Tony/Miami

This is the most important part of your post. Of course we all want what's best for Morrissey and his health. If he cancels in order to get healthy it's completely understandable and there's not a thing we can do. It does get beyond frustrating that if he chooses to cancel the remaining dates without (a second) rescheduling, this will be my 8th cancellation across 5 tours, with most of the reasons (until now) being dubious at best. Let people vent. It wouldn't stab us in the sides so painfully if we didn't love the man.

Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

This is the most important part of your post. Of course we all want what's best for Morrissey and his health. If he cancels in order to get healthy it's completely understandable and there's not a thing we can do. It does get beyond frustrating that if he chooses to cancel the remaining dates without (a second) rescheduling, this will be my 8th cancellation across 5 tours, with most of the reasons (until now) being dubious at best. Let people vent. It wouldn't stab us in the sides so painfully if we didn't love the man.

Hit Morrissey and the promoter were it hurts the pocket book. Demand your money back the tour is over and the dates will NOT be rescheduled.

Always listen to " The ambitious insider" so far he's pretty much been bang on with his/her insider info.

Hmmm...they said H1N1, which is swine flu (and false), also said the doctor was double booked yesterday (and Moz wouldn't be seen until Monday, but he apparently had some interaction with a doctor yesterday) and that the tour would be canceled in entirety yesterday. Yep, that's a GREAT track record. I still call bullshit. This isn't a complicated enough story that you can't throw a dart and hit some 'fact' that turns out right. Don't give AI that much credit.

Hmmm...they said H1N1, which is swine flu (and false), also said the doctor was double booked yesterday (and Moz wouldn't be seen until Monday, but he apparently had some interaction with a doctor yesterday) and that the tour would be canceled in entirety yesterday. Yep, that's a GREAT track record. I still call bullshit. This isn't a complicated enough story that you can't throw a dart and hit some 'fact' that turns out right. Don't give AI that much credit.

You are correct with this assessment. Anyone can guess, and get an item right or close to it.

if it doesn't happen you'll get your money back

...less convenience fees, processing fees, admin fees etc. Not complaining at what's happened, but pointing out the fact that someone who purchases tickets still loses approx $10 per ticket even after receiving a refund since these fees aren't refunded along with the purchase price of the ticket. Unfortunately things happen from time-to-time that prevent gigs from taking place, and we of course want Moz to be healthy at a minimum, but receiving a refund doesn't quite make a ticket purchaser whole.

Sorry about the misfire above...

What I want to know is this crucial piece of information:

What are they doing with all the tour shirts that keep having the incorrect dates on the back?

He is going to walk on stage with a bunch of blue roses at the Staples show !

Trust me

no. no, he's not.

My source has always delievered Salt Lake and Denver will be cancelled.

What I want to know is this crucial piece of information:

What are they doing with all the tour shirts that keep having the incorrect dates on the back?

There's a place for those sorts of things:

bwXL0ciS9ponp9774ALclEH7o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
El Paso, Texas, concert to be rescheduled for an undetermined April date

The El Paso, Texas, show scheduled for next Tuesday will be rescheduled for sometime in April, according to one of the club's owners. Meanwhile, tonight's, Saturday Feb. 9th, Morrissey vs David Bowie tribute battle is still on at Club Dedo at the corner of Mesa and Rio Grande.

I give up on this tour & selling all my 7 tickets. Sorry Moz my life will no longer revolve around you...
If you revolve your life around someone then its day to expect that every second is going go smoothly. It's your own expectations that have failed you, can't blame the person.

My source has always delievered Salt Lake and Denver will be cancelled.

Except you were wrong this time on everything except only two (instead of all) dates getting cancelled Friday. Anyone could have called that from a mile out.

Re: El Paso, Texas, concert to be rescheduled for an undetermined April date

The El Paso, Texas, show scheduled for next Tuesday will be rescheduled for sometime in April, according to one of the club's owners. Meanwhile, tonight's, Saturday Feb. 9th, Morrissey vs David Bowie tribute battle is still on at Club Dedo at the corner of Mesa and Rio Grande.

Boz Boorer is tour with the Polecats in April so unless Morrissey is planning to replace Boz this is unlikely to happen.

Except you were wrong this time on everything except only two (instead of all) dates getting cancelled Friday. Anyone could have called that from a mile out.

The Salt Lake and Denver show's will be cancelled soon. That's a promise my friend.

Re: El Paso, Texas, concert to be rescheduled for an undetermined April date

Boz Boorer is tour with the Polecats in April so unless Morrissey is planning to replace Boz this is unlikely to happen.

Boz has cancelled Morrissey dates for Morrissey before and i'm sure would again

I know Moz would doubtless prefer to end the tour on a high, but I think it's really time to just cancel the rest of the US dates, and take a year or two off touring. Moz really needs to take some time off. He's been on the road pretty much constantly since 2011. Take some time off - maybe finally get that autobiography out there.

I agree, I'd rather see him resting and getting healthier. I feel so bad for him, and for the fellow fans that will miss the shows. I hope he's getting better.

The Salt Lake and Denver show's will be cancelled soon. That's a promise my friend.

I am curious what Morrissey doesn't cancel the whole tour at once and is doing it a few shows at a time. You may or may not have inside information.....will he do the CA shows? I wonder if he is sicker than we know.

I just hope Moz gets better soon!!

I really think Morrissey should take enough time as he needs to get well.He has been touring for a while and maybe he just needs time to rest and get healthy.What he`s going through is not pleasant and he shouldn`t push himself.As always I wish him the very best and hope he feels well soon.

I am curious what Morrissey doesn't cancel the whole tour at once and is doing it a few shows at a time. You may or may not have inside information.....will he do the CA shows? I wonder if he is sicker than we know.

I just hope Moz gets better soon!!

He knows how upset the teenagers who love him will be if cancels the whole tour at once so is breaking the news gently on a drip by drip
its his show he runs it how he wants so the prediction may be spot on after all !
Watch and see.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom