Tell us something odd about yourself

Loebs are for n00bs. You want the Teubners; they're more complete and they're far better edited (and usually more up-to-date). Are you a classicist?

Heh. Well I guess I answered your question already with my unfortunate preference for Loebs.

No, I am not a classicist, although I read them for fun. I just went through a Plutarch kick and I'm now reading up on Alexander (Curtius, Arrian). I understand you are, or were?

er... yeast pills, yoghurt, some really old photos of him from the Whalley Range days, all torn up... brown hair dye... it was when he lived with his mum, so any of the items might have been hers...

I wouldn't invade somebody's privacy like that nowadays, I hasten to add- I was a young ne-er-do-well :D

Also, in Morrissey's living room was a big pile of magazines- The Face, Q, all that sort of thing... al with Mozz on the cover :D cute eh?!

I think that this anecdote warrants its own thread. Do you still have any of this stuff?

But wait--if you were just going through his trash, how'd you know what mags were in his living room? Or were you going through his trash in his house? :D

But wait--if you were just going through his trash, how'd you know what mags were in his living room? Or were you going through his trash in his house? :D

well, did you ever wonder why he had to move to LA?! I squatted it, and I'm still living here :D

My mate took the yeast pills home and tried to make them into 'Mozz wine' with some fruit juice... I think everyone in Manchester was mental back then :D

I can still remember the address- it was given to me by Sarah Champion, actually, of 'disco biscuits' fame... I'd mention it, but it's possible his mum still lives there, so I won't... It's just an interesting address, cos there are no numbers in it, and each line is one word- for example

Morrissey,
Highview,
Towerford,
Sale

that's not it, but it's like that...

Hey, guess what the weather's like in Manchester right now- here's a clue- this town has dragged me down!

I have a phobia of the kind of jelly found in pork pies
I have a very long toungue
I have one ear slightly bigger than the other
I'm scared of babies
I have a twin
I have a crush on Hamlet

Last edited:
Exactamente. I wanted to spare everyone the further details, but you've done that for me. And you should see how I organize iTunes.

My fiction bookshelf is organized chronologically, not alphabetically by author. Drives a certain someone else in the house bonkers.

No, but I wouldn't remember it even if I had. Why?
yes! I divide my cds up in a way only I understand. My husband doesn't understand. he thought it would be really funny one day to pretend to put one of my cds in the wrong place :mad: I was very angry. he won't let me organise his cds for him :(

So what way is that? By color? (I actually knew somebody who did this.)

or what about:

Dick: I guess it looks as if you're reorganizing your records. What is this though? Chronological?
Rob: No...
Dick: Not alphabetical...
Rob: Nope...
Dick: What?
Rob: Autobiographical.
Dick: No f***ing way.

Ok, it's time to come clean. Three is nothing, I have at least six.
:eek:
"OK, kids, settle down, settle down! The line forms to the left. Plenty of milk for everyone!" :D
3249890.jpg

A piece of my upper right ear is missing because, for the longest time, my father had an odd obsession with the Flowbee...yes, the vaccuum cleaner meets haircutting appliance. Everyone sees where this is going, huh? Haha
So, he convinced my stupid 12yr old ass that he could give me a good haircut. I wore it really short back then...so he basically had like no attachment on it...just vaccuum cleaner and blade. The blade took the lil piece of ear off...the vaccuum sucked it down. LOL Needless to say, I did not tip the barber. :mad:

Last edited:

A piece of my upper right ear is missing because, for the longest time, my father had an odd obsession with the Flowbee...yes, the vaccuum cleaner meets haircutting appliance. Everyone sees where this is going, huh? Haha
So, he convinced my stupid 12yr old ass that he could give me a good haircut. I wore it really short back then...so he basically had like no attachment on it...just vaccuum cleaner and blade. The blade took the lil piece of ear off...the vaccuum sucked it down. LOL Needless to say, I did not tip the barber. :mad:

Gosh Eric... that sucks and it reminds me of the time my dad broke my collar bone! It was our first run of the day out on the slopes. I got onto the chairlift, but a bit off center. I had been fiddling with my ski pole and had taken the strap off my wrist. It started to fall from my hand and by this time we were about 10-15 feet up in the air. I slid from the seat beside my father on the chairlift and the next thing I know I am rolling over in the snow looking up to tell him I am okay - when he comes crashing down on top of me... breaking my collar bone with his full grown body - I was about 7 or so at the time. My dad had been trying to catch me and fell right off the chair in his attempt to do so. :/ I woulda been fine. Worst part is that he was so embarrassed that he just brushed me off and told everybody everything was fine and got us right back on the chair despite my complaints. By the time we got to the top of the mountain he realized that I was not being dramatic but something really was wrong as I could not stop crying. Needless to say - that one run skiing down with a broken collar bone was the worst trail I have ever had to endure.

He bought me two Siamese cats (I named one moonlight and we all named the other one Ebony) when we got home - I suppose as an apology for not believing me and telling everybody I was fine and telling me to stop being such a "candy-ass" and to just "get over it and ski down the mountain."

And it looks like I wasn't fast enough with the edit button...

You'd never guess. You probably have four or five extras yourself. They're just moles, but apparently the placement is significant... so I've been told.

"OK, kids, settle down, settle down! The line forms to the left. Plenty of milk for everyone!" :D
3249890.jpg

haha, thats horrible and hilarious at the same time. reminds me of that scene in Wayne's World...."it's sucking my will to live!!!!"

Back
Top Bottom