Tell us something odd about yourself

Me too. I think Buzzetta does too.

Every day with a Mach 3. Sometimes if there is a growth spurt I keep one on hand to give a tune up before going out.

Er...i`ve nearly died twice.I had gangrene in my appendix once.

My Great Uncle survived the Titanic.

I have a fear of toe nails.I cut mine so there is almost nothing there then paint over the skin.

I`ve seen a ghost.

I sing along to Take That.

I fancied Alan Titchmarsh once for about five minutes.:mad:(it was his jeans that did it.:eek:)

I am obsessive about making lists and organising. I see it as a source of fun, and will not allow anyone else to play (think Christmas tree, decorations, wrapping, shopping lists, organising cds). my husband says I have OCD :(

I am obsessive about making lists and organising. I see it as a source of fun, and will not allow anyone else to play (think Christmas tree, decorations, wrapping, shopping lists, organising cds). my husband says I have OCD :(

Mom - is that you? :p

I'm the same way about CDs & records. Every one in my collection has to be put back in its case or sleeve with the label oriented the exact right way.

They are taxidermied and behind glass. If I were not such a hopeless technophobe, I could post a picture.

Bummer. That'd be some stuffed pork that I wouldn't mind seeing.

I'm the same way about CDs & records. Every one in my collection has to be put back in its case or sleeve with the label oriented the exact right way.

I'm the same way. The A-side must be facing upward. The inner sleeve must not open out in the same direction as the outer. All the albums and CDs must be organized chronologically, with any singles slotted in accordingly, and my collection is alphabetized by artist.

Have you ever seen the movie "Diner"?

I'm the same way. The A-side must be facing upward. The inner sleeve must not open out in the same direction as the outer. All the albums and CDs must be organized chronologically, with any singles slotted in accordingly, and my collection is alphabetized by artist.

Exactamente. I wanted to spare everyone the further details, but you've done that for me. And you should see how I organize iTunes.

My fiction bookshelf is organized chronologically, not alphabetically by author. Drives a certain someone else in the house bonkers.

Have you ever seen the movie "Diner"?

No, but I wouldn't remember it even if I had. Why?

Exactamente. I wanted to spare everyone the further details, but you've done that for me. And you should see how I organize iTunes.

My fiction bookshelf is organized chronologically, not alphabetically by author. Drives a certain someone else in the house bonkers.

Oh, iTunes, don't even get me started. Naturally one starts by assuring chronological purity, re-titling all the albums to include numerical prefixes. I also divide them by single to preserve the track listings. Thus, for Morrissey, my "Suedehead" single is 01, "Viva Hate" is 02, "Sunday" is 03, and so forth. All have the album artwork (thanks Stephane!) for the visualizer.

Even more embarrassingly, my Joy Division & New Order tracks include the original Factory catalog numbers.

As for the books, I salute you. I've often thought of doing that. I do mine chronologically by author, but keep them separate by nationality. I also try and put them in different bookcases. So my English unit has Chaucer on the bottom and Zadie Smith on top-- Zadie likes being on top, I hear tell.

No, but I wouldn't remember it even if I had. Why?

The movie sucked. But there's a character in the movie who is fanatical about his records (the story takes place in 1950s Baltimore and the guy has huge shelves full of vinyl). Before he can get married he makes his fiancee take a test: she's quizzed on the recording artist, the label, and other minutiae surrounding dozens upon dozens of records. I always think of him when discussing this topic.

Last edited:
Oh, iTunes, don't even get me started. Naturally one starts by assuring chronological purity, re-titling all the albums to include numerical prefixes. I also divide them by single to preserve the track listings. Thus, for Morrissey, my "Suedehead" single is 01, "Viva Hate" is 02, "Sunday" is 03, and so forth. All have the album artwork (thanks Stephane!) for the visualizer.

Even more embarrassingly, my Joy Division & New Order tracks include the original Factory catalog numbers.

Mine, too! What I do is use the Comment field to include the original release date (going so far as to list which country in which it was released first), its record label and catalog number, and, if it's a Smiths/Moz tune, a URL for the relevant page on Passions. For example, entries #94-97 on my master Smiths/Moz playlist look like:

You get the idea. But it changes how you listen to the songs: for example, I don't just listen to Viva Hate in album order. Instead, I listen to "Suedehead" & its b-sides, then everything on Viva Hate except "Suedehead," then the b-sides of "Everyday Is Like Sunday," etc. I don't put anything else in the song title, though, because I follow the As for the books, I salute you. I've often thought of doing that. I do mine chronologically by author, but keep them separate by nationality. I also try and put them in different bookcases. So my English unit has Chaucer on the bottom and Zadie Smith on top-- Zadie likes being on top, I hear tell.[/quote]

Well, okay, I'll admit that my Latin & Greek books each get their own separate bookcase, and they're chronological within their own groups. But everything else is chronological, regardless of language or nationality. The Decameron should come right before The Canterbury Tales, dammit!

The movie sucked. But there's a character in the movie who is fanatical about his records (the story takes place in 1950s Baltimore and the guy has huge shelves full of vinyl). Before he can get married he makes his fiancee take a test: she's quizzed on the recording artist, the label, and other minutiae surrounding dozens upon dozens of records. I always think of him when discussing this topic.

Wow--that sounds like my kind of guy. But I'd've never gotten married if I'd subjected Mrs. NRitH to that kind of a test. Some things are more important than music trivia, admittedly.

Mine, too! What I do is use the Comment field to include the original release date (going so far as to list which country in which it was released first), its record label and catalog number, and, if it's a Smiths/Moz tune, a URL for the relevant page on Passions. For example, entries #94-97 on my master Smiths/Moz playlist look like:You get the idea. But it changes how you listen to the songs: for example, I don't just listen to Viva Hate in album order. Instead, I listen to "Suedehead" & its b-sides, then everything on Viva Hate except "Suedehead," then the b-sides of "Everyday Is Like Sunday," etc. I don't put anything else in the song title, though, because I follow the MusicBrainz tagging guidelines pretty religiously.

Well, okay, I'll admit that my Latin & Greek books each get their own separate bookcase, and they're chronological within their own groups. But everything else is chronological, regardless of language or nationality. The Decameron should come right before The Canterbury Tales, dammit!

Wow--that sounds like my kind of guy. But I'd've never gotten married if I'd subjected Mrs. NRitH to that kind of a test. Some things are more important than music trivia, admittedly.

Holy cow... good thing neither of you have to live with me (worm and NRITH) I am sure I would be on the evening news found strangled to death - in my very own bed as I read!

Mine, too! What I do is use the Comment field to include the original release date (going so far as to list which country in which it was released first), its record label and catalog number, and, if it's a Smiths/Moz tune, a URL for the relevant page on Passions. For example, entries #94-97 on my master Smiths/Moz playlist look like:

You get the idea. But it changes how you listen to the songs: for example, I don't just listen to Viva Hate in album order. Instead, I listen to "Suedehead" & its b-sides, then everything on Viva Hate except "Suedehead," then the b-sides of "Everyday Is Like Sunday," etc. I don't put anything else in the song title, though, because I follow the [url="http://www.musicbrainz.org]MusicBrainz[/url] tagging guidelines pretty religiously.

My, my, your iTunes system trumps mine! Very impressive! Do you work for the Library of Congress?

For your Greeks and Latins do you have all the Loebs? My dream is to buy them all. I estimate it would cost about $4K or thereabouts.

Also, where do you file Augustine, Boethius, Aquinas etc? I have them floating about.

Last edited:
Holy cow... good thing neither of you have to live with me (worm and NRITH) I am sure I would be on the evening news found strangled to death - in my very own bed as I read!

Ha! We're not violent, just geeks. :)

My, my, your iTunes system trumps mine! Very impressive! Do you work for the Library of Congress?

Unfortunately, no.

For your Greeks and Romans do you have all the Loebs? My dream is to buy them all. I estimate it would cost about $4K or thereabouts.

Loebs are for n00bs. You want the Teubners; they're more complete and they're far better edited (and usually more up-to-date). Are you a classicist?

What was in it?

er... yeast pills, yoghurt, some really old photos of him from the Whalley Range days, all torn up... brown hair dye... it was when he lived with his mum, so any of the items might have been hers...

I wouldn't invade somebody's privacy like that nowadays, I hasten to add- I was a young ne-er-do-well :D

Also, in Morrissey's living room was a big pile of magazines- The Face, Q, all that sort of thing... al with Mozz on the cover :D cute eh?!

Back
Top Bottom