tell us about the last Film you saw

cool charlie, please do. i also really love anderson but my favs are rushmore (it changed my life), the darjeeling limited and the royal tennenbaums. of course i like them all but if i had to pick those would it. bottle rocket is a close fourth and i still go out and yell ca kaw at my friends when were at bars etc.

One if my closest friends is named Degnan. :o He's the opposite of Dignan though. I'm the Dignan of our group. :p

http://www.swefilmer.com/the-one-i-love-2014/the-one-i-love-2014-video_45c963e32.html

The One I Love

This is one of those films trying to be mysterious and different and yet manages to say absolutely nothing. A couple with issues is sent to a retreat by their shrink and the place is like something from The Twilight Zone. This is basically a stage play before camera and here and there I could see what it was trying to say about a persons personality and how we wanna change the one we are in love with but those that did this are for from talented in any way.

This could have become something really spectacular with a big budget and people with a knowledge on how to turn a story into something that captivates an audience. It is as if those behind this film meant to be sincere but ended up creating what maybe is the first film ever you could truly label as quasi.

http://www.swefilmer.com/the-one-i-love-2014/the-one-i-love-2014-video_45c963e32.html

The One I Love

This is one of those films trying to be mysterious and different and yet manages to say absolutely nothing. A couple with issues is sent to a retreat by their shrink and the place is like something from The Twilight Zone. This is basically a stage play before camera and here and there I could see what it was trying to say about a persons personality and how we wanna change the one we are in love with but those that did this are for from talented in any way.

This could have become something really spectacular with a big budget and people with a knowledge on how to turn a story into something that captivates an audience. It is as if those behind this film meant to be sincere but ended up creating what maybe is the first film ever you could truly label as quasi.

this is on my netflix cue after i watched interiors not long ago as they seemed kinda similar, also seems a bit similar to submarine if from an adults perspective, but havent done yet. i will now prepare myself

banner-birdman-film-3-672x372.jpg

Ok, I don't write about what's in a film as it'll ruin it but to explain the score something slight given away, fantastic film but -1 point for having an ending that didn't make any sense. 8/10.

http://www.swefilmer.com/war-story-2014/war-story-2014-video_77d42114c.html

War Story

About a female american war photographer getting over a trauma in Libya by hiding in Sicily. This is a typical film festival film and it does not write explanations on your nose which is common with most other films. The refugee situation in Italy with refugees arriving in rundown sea vessels is featured a bit in this one and in a sequence where she takes pictures of muslims at prayer the noise heard in background is a recording of Liverpool or Celtic fans singing "You'll never walk alone" which you can hear if you concentrate enough.

RainMan_Cruise_Hoffman_Heads.jpg

bridgetjones.jpg

http://www.swefilmer.com/medicinen-2014/medicinen-2014-video_c653a1967.html

The Medicine

This is a swedish feel good film that starts as a feel bad film, directed by english director Colin Nutley starring his wife Helena Bergström as usual. The couple have made several light hearted comedies and dramas and feel good films over the years and finally they are getting it together. Struggling as they have been to gain acceptance with their films it seems this one presents somewhat of a new chapter during their long career together.

Based on a book this is is about Johanna, a 45 year old single mother of two in Stockholm, working for the magazine Dolce Vita Lifestyle Magazine. It actually opens with Johanna talking about the Felllini film "La Dolce Vita" and that everyone claims to have seen it but haven't. That is in itself quite timely since swedish mega diva Anita Ekberg features in it and of course recently passed away.

Johanna is desperate for some cash and joins a medical company trial for a anti-herpes medicine. This medicine has a huge impact on her life. I love the dialogue in this film which is very modern and witty and ironic and sarcastic all mixed together. I actually found this to be so good that it would not surprise me if the americans decided to do a remake of this one and if they do it might become like a modern day version of "Nine to Five" from 1980 starring Dolly Parton. Well worth the watch and a funny insight into a middle aged womans struggles and inner voice battles.

Birdman. Overrated. Unlikable characters all around. Forgettable. 2.5 out of 4 stars. Ending? Who cares? The rest of the movie lacks meaning so the end might as well.

banner-birdman-film-3-672x372.jpg

Ok, I don't write about what's in a film as it'll ruin it but to explain the score something slight given away, fantastic film but -1 point for having an ending that didn't make any sense. 8/10.

I was told that they provided a bit of clarity in the rolling credits. I couldn't say for sure because I never stick around for them.

In any event, I give it a 9/10. I appreciated its originality, cinematography and immense ensemble acting. And not to mention that it underscores what I' d always believed: Michael Keaton is one of the best actors of his generation.

"Killing Season" - that movie where John Travolta makes a mockery of the Serbian accent. De Niro was the only good part about it.

I was told that they provided a bit of clarity in the rolling credits. I couldn't say for sure because I never stick around for them.

In any event, I give it a 9/10. I appreciated its originality, cinematography and immense ensemble acting. And not to mention that it underscores what I' d always believed: Michael Keaton is one of the best actors of his generation.

i liked it though i like movies with unlikable characters. i cant really go into the ending without spoiling the movie but id say watch it.

Everyone better go see the movie where Meg Griffin takes back the universe. :D (Shut up, Meg.) It might be crap but it's one of those Viva la Sacred Feminine! movies. Don't even get me started on Jupiter.

10645299_866343753383672_4201661985976529668_n.png

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom