tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

I have been watching Downton Abbey.

I have been watching Downton Abbey.

I have been trying to watch that, I'm three episodes in & I don't love it yet...especially because it was hyped so much. The costumes are gorgeous though.

I'm Still Here (the 'documentary' where Joaquin Phoenix aspires to be a rapper); it was surprisingly funny.

Last edited:

Law Abiding Citizen. starring Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx.
...Another "Asda price" cracker ( £3.00 well spent!).
Gerard Butler Goes a bit "Sanely" Ballistic, when His house is raided by two thugs, and his wife and daughter are murdered in front of him ( he is bound and gagged at the time....).

He gets a bit of a "Strop" on with lawyer Jamie Foxx, who has somehow bargained to get the pesky Villains Easy prison sentences ( One of them anyway, as the other gets A lethal injection Death sentence...).
I won't say any more really about the plot, as it has some quite unexpected moments, and genuine surprises. worth 3 squid of anyones money, in my opinion.

A bit of a ""Bucket of S*hit from China", as my dad used to say ( ...Meaning "Far Fetched"...), but an entertaining story, with some fine acting ( especially from Mr.Butler, who is Very believable in his role).
The loop-Holes in the story are there for all to see, but, what the heck, it passed an enjoyable enough few hours away.....

I watched "Heartbreaker." It was really funny, and I liked the guy and his friends, but the girl he ends up with was just ok, so over all three stars.

Get_Him_to_the_Greek_9.jpg

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would :o I give it a B :thumb:

I think I win the most interesting double feature award for this lazy sunday. Forrest Gump and The French Connection. :D I only watched Forrest Gump again because it's a Robert Zemetkis movie and my dad asked that I Netflix his favorite movie of all time, Used Cars, directed by him in 1980. I'm going to watch that one now I think. We started it yesterday for a few minutes, looks dreadful. ANd looks REALLY weird on a high def television. There were some shots that they snuck in out of focus, you can't scrape by on those with HD. Also it has a Masterpiece Theatah feel about it even though it's a lame movie. The lighting is very pronounced.

Crystal, what are the two last words of dialogue in Fargo?

I saw Ryan's Daughter yesterday, starring Robert Mitchum and Sarah Miles. Beautifully shot in the west of Ireland by David Lean, a bit slow but worthwhile.

hardcandy.jpg

...before I went to bed last night. Fatal error! I don't deal well with thrillers/horrors/anything over PG in general; so I've had better night's sleep.
Regardless, it's a very intense, gripping film, and I did enjoy it. Ellen Page is terrifying - much more so than the paedophile character (in my opinion), interestingly.

The kings speech.

VERY much enjoyed this little beauty of a film (....In case you havn't heard of it.....).
brilliant acting by ALL concerned, and a darn fine story too.... VERY recommended......

Next up is "Firehouse dog", a family comedy movie ( ...Another ASDA price special....only 2 squid!!)
Planning on watching that with Millie-Dawgg....she has even got her very own "f*** Millie-Dawwg appreciation society.com" T-shirt ready for the occasion....

Mary and Max (aussie animation film) shown on film4 and Final Destination 3? (which was very gory!) Oh and one with Jodie Foster - The Brave One

I can't help it, I just love this movie. Can't remember how mant times I've seen it!

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't help it, I just love this movie. Can't remember how mant times I've seen it!

looks awesome, I'd like to see it :thumb:
anyways, last night I could not sleep after staying up late to watch Neil Gaiman on Craig Ferguson :o
so I watched one of my DVDs:
The-Inglorious-Bastards-pic.jpg

I've seen it like half a dozen times now & I still love it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I have started watching Glee. The music in the show isn't the kind of music I listen to, but I really like it. The show is fun, entertaining, and addictive. I have been watching it instantly on Netflix, and I can't ever just watch one episode.

bronson-poster-0.jpg

Mr. Hardy impressed the Hell out of me with this movie...

My dad watched Phantom of the Paradise the other day and loved it so much he wanted me to watch it tonight. A mixture of awful and insightful and creepy and funny. THe death scene at the end was supposed to be funny, little death. Interesting anyway.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom