tell us about the last Film you saw

somewhere-movie.jpg

Ooh, the Chateau Marmont [swoon]. Well, what did you think of the movie, Crystal - is it any good? I still haven't gotten around to seeing her Lost in Translation or Virgin Suicides. I guess I just resent her for once dating Keanu Reeves.

What is it with you girls and your love for rom coms...I don't know, but we can all go and watch them together, let's go girls :lbf: :p :D

I actually hate most romantic comedies. I only like about a handful.

220px-In_the_name_of_the_father_ver1.jpg

In The Name Of The Father

As a small tribute to the late, great Pete Posthlethwaite. I'm sure everyone knows that this is the true story of the Guildford pub bombings in 1974, and the people that were wrongly accused and convicted of the crimes in one of the biggest miscarriages of justice in British history. Pete Postlethwaite plays Giuseppe Conlon, father of Gerry Conlon, in arguably his finest hour - he was nominated for a best supporting actor oscar. A superb film, directed by Jim Sheridan, with the lead role played by Daniel Day-Lewis, the best screen actor of his generation. Unmissable.

RIP Pete Postlethwaite.

220px-Pete_Postlethwaite.JPG

Ooh, the Chateau Marmont [swoon]. Well, what did you think of the movie, Crystal - is it any good? I still haven't gotten around to seeing her Lost in Translation or Virgin Suicides. I guess I just resent her for once dating Keanu Reeves.

It was brilliant. Very little camera action. Very slow and beautiful and captivating. I loved it, I kinda want to see it again but it's playing at the Arclight where a matinee is 18 bucks! :eek: Damaged people doing the best they can and the quiet moments that make life worth living. There's lots of symbolic stuff to regarding the girl learning how to cook and being tied into the same loneliness as her father, but I'm tired of talking about symbolism. Go see it, it'll transport you. The Coppola kids are brilliant movie makers.

I-Think-Were-Alone-Now.jpg

I saw this the other day and can't get it out of my head, it was beyond fascinating. (I think my friends showed it to me as an "intervention." :rolleyes:) It follows a real hermaphrodyte and Aspy who are fanatics of Tiffany. She came to the hermaphrodyte in a dream after he suffered a coma and the Aspy guy, he's lovable and misunderstood yet way out there. I could see why Morrissey brings a mantourage with him places and doesn't answer his letters, he might get these people. Mind you though, I'm fixing up my bicycle to get exercise and am DEFFO thinking of strapping crystals to my bike helmet so I can talk to Morrissey as I ride. :p

Last edited:
Been watching the Teachers first two seasons and noticed JP Keating, who's supposed to be the Modern Languages teacher, can't even spell "My name is" right :rofl:

A pretty accurate vision of languages teachers in the UK then.:D (Reminded me of my days as an assistant and of that teacher who turned pale everytime she saw me and ran away not to have to practise the language she was supposed to be teaching. :lbf:)

Apart from that, me too I'd like to end up pissed in the Plumber's Arms night after night..! :straightface:

Forced to watch something called 40 Dates....Mehh, sick of rom coms now. Damn you, Mrs Davie!
Also I watched Zone Of The Dead, funny as hell "Zombie Basterd" is the best line in it, by far and best line in all horror films to date!

Still haven't managed to get to True Grit, and I'm annoyed that the last time I was at the movies it was wasted on that piece of crap, Black Swan, when I had intended to see True Grit that evening.

But, I did see The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans again, and again I was really impressed. Well acted, well directed, good story, very entertaining. One of the better movies from Hollywood the past few years. Which isn't saying much, I know.....

Bad_Lieutenant_Port_of_Call_New_Orleans.jpg

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fm4BdkOXfxk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fm4BdkOXfxk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:
MV5BMjI3MTc5MzAwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzgzNzE1Mw@@._V1._SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

A year in the life of comedienne Joan Rivers. Every single minute of this was fascinating and thoroughly entertaining.

Des hommes et des dieux (Of Gods and Men, dir. Xavier Beauvois 2010)

A remarkable film based on a real incident of seven French Trappist monks who had been kidnapped and killed by Algerian terrorists in 1996.

I found the meditative approach is very effective.
The scene when the monks listen to a cassette of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake and drinking wine made me cry.
I do not support any organised religions, but in this film the monks are portrayed as humble ordinary human beings which I can relate to.

Director Beauvoir's 1996 directorial debut 'Don't Forget, You Are Going to Die' which he also played the lead, was rather self-indulgent, however, really happy to see his progress.

hero2.jpg

if you do not mind subtitles(or you can understand Chinese*:rolleyes:)
then you should watch this film :thumb:

*=sadly, I do not think many Moz fans are from that part of the world :tears:

hero2.jpg

if you do not mind subtitles(or you can understand Chinese*:rolleyes:)
then you should watch this film :thumb:

*=sadly, I do not think many Moz fans are from that part of the world :tears:

I liked Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon a lot. Threre are quite a few Asian gems on film by now. :thumb:

I recently watched 'Goodbye Solo' - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1095442/ - which effectivley blends dark human struggles with, frequently, utterly charming characterisation. Satisfying, even without a definite or happy ending. :)

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom