tell us about the last Film you saw

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by the more you explore me!, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I am not a bot I am a human and a damn fine one. lol I partied hard this weekend and went the whole mile. You walked around in wooden shoes all day. lol It is time to step your game up.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Netflix doc the family

3. The Truth

The Truth gamma member

I watched Suburbia,. Punk rock classic but I never saw it before. If you watch this and River's Edge you will have a good background on 1980's California youth culture.

• Like Like x 1
  4. David E Weir

David E Weir Altered Ego

The missus and I stumbled across A Taste Of Honey on TV at the weekend.
    We watched it yet again and loved every minute of it. I never tire of that film. Dora Bryan is superb of course, and the lovely Rita Tushingham is the lass with acerbic attitude and withering one-liners. Remind you of anyone?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Oh my god. it's Robby!

Oh my god. it's Robby! spontaneously luminescent

j.jpg
    perfect, best film I've seen in years

• Like Like x 1
  6. David E Weir

David E Weir Altered Ego

And Joaquin is a supporter of PETA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. David E Weir

David E Weir Altered Ego

Tried to insert a PETA poster with JP.

How do I insert an image on here anybody?

8. rifke

rifke queen of the universe

is the image already on the web? you just copy and paste the image address. really simple! you don't need to use any tags or anything

9. The Wild Turkey

The Wild Turkey Wild T!

If it's from the web, ya gotta use the image button that's next to the smile button.
    If it's ya own image, ya gotta use the upload a file button that's in the right claw bottom.

10. rifke

I never do! I just paste the address directly and it always shows up.

11. The Wild Turkey

The Wild Turkey Wild T!

Ya got extra impressive advanced abilities implemented impeccably.
    :tiphat:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. rifke

[​IMG]

geesh what a boring and pointless movie. im not saying that it was stupid, because it wasn't. it was well made. but it was boring and pointless. you couldn't give a damn about any of the characters and there were none of those "moments that catch" that you want in uneventful films that make you see the poetry in the everyday. generally I like movies where characters act incomprehensibly but there was nothing interesting about the incomprehensible way these people acted. it all seemed so arbitrary and uninspired. when the ending came I wondered how they had chosen that moment to end it, since they could've ended it anywhere and it would've been the same. I do not recommend. :rabbitface:1/2

[​IMG]
    now THIS was a good movie. sort of the same Idea. a largely uneventful summer in the lives of a bourgeois family. centred around the everyday. yet, this one had so much more humanity, characters that felt real. I really like this actress too. something about her reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow only more down to earth and likeable. :rabbitface::rabbitface::rabbitface:1/2

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I only at most sleep about five hours a night which means I’m usually awake around four thirty in the morning so lately in an effort to start watching films again despite the time sucking hole that is being a parent I’ve been watching a movie a day from five to seven in the morning. So far I’ve watched the Dallas buyers club, Golden exits and the laundromat. Golden exits was pretty sweet as it reminded me a lot of an older styled indie film from the nineties when there was a strain of films that just showed people’s normal lives. Worth checking out

14. Pablo Honey

Pablo Honey Guest

I thought The laundromat was a well made film based on real story of a widow trying to collect a life insurance of her late husband only it turned out to be fake. Investigation leads to offshore money laundering and dodgy deals involving prominent politicians. Great cast: Banderas, Gary Oldman as two corrupt lawyers and Meryl Streep the main character. A small role for Sharon Stone. Not sure what happened to her career but somehow it just took a nosedive.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never really followed her that much. I love goldman but banderas I thought was a great comedic actor which Id never really thought of him as. I think I could listen to him go on about anything. I enjoyed the movie and thought it good, it even had an actor from succession, but I’d been following the story since it dropped and I didn’t learn much of anything new and I could think of some things they left out. They mention Cameron but didn’t mention any of the say actors who had money with them like Jackie Chan. The best part imo was when bendaras was explaining how he came to the decision to stop trying to help the world but and just help himself

16. !Viva Hate!

!Viva Hate! The Queen of Solo

61D4C19E-62E6-4DBE-AB27-489712D9DF84.jpeg
    It was better than the last 3.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  17. countthree

countthree Obvious person

I couldn't finish it. I thought it was me.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  18. !Viva Hate!

!Viva Hate! The Queen of Solo

BB5BCDAD-C703-42D5-96AA-1949325A64FB.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i saw Parasite, excellent film

20. rifke

glad to hear someone else felt the same!

• Like Like x 1
Tags: