tell us about the last Film you saw

69F3955B-541C-4AC7-97B6-46608B335A0C.jpeg

Bohemian Rhapsody and Polar.

This is probably the best ever movie about a band and a singer and his life. I did however feel he reminded me more of Jagger than Mercury until he had his haircut. Not a fan of the music as such but there is no doubt he was a genius in his own way.

So Polar directed by the swedish video director and movie director Åkerlund once again has his typical trademark all over it which at times becomes a bit too much but also manages to be very entertaining. No one assembles such a diverse cast as him which is a surprise in itself every time.

Over the top violence and over the top sex scenes mixed with some of his favourite tunes but the movie was far too long.

I'll let Mikkelsen answer if Bohemian Rhapsody and Polar for different reasons can be considered a work of art.

JauntyFairBorzoi-small.gif

--Urbanus

MV5BYzNjMzFkZWEtZjZjMS00OTQwLTgwZTgtOGJiNThlZmE3ZmMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTc5OTQwMzk@._V1_.jpg

This is about the most loved swedish icon of all time, children's author Astrid Lindgren, who created Pippi and Emil and so many more. This focuses on her life as a young woman having her first child.

They dare to portray her in a very sexy way here which was really surprising and this is the breakthrough for Alba August the daughter of actress and director Pernilla August. Alba has featured in a lot of tv series and movies before but in this one her qualities as an actress must have made her mother proud and her mother was of course a Bergman actress when she was about the same age.

The young Astrid shared something with Morrissey in that she never spoke the local accent where she came from and so Alba never speaks with the accent of the rest of the cast playing her family.

The opening and closing scene when an old Astrid opens her fan mail sent to her from swedish schoolkids to congratulate her on her birthday are very moving and I loved the end when Ane Brun sings a song which starts off with some schoolkids singing a dedication to Astrid that they sent to her.

A wonderful cast and movie and I just wanted more despite it being over 2 hours long.

MV5BMTE0ZDQwYWItNzQzNy00NzdiLWFjZGItOTE3YWYzZTdkMjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDExMzMxNjE@._V1_UY1200_CR94,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

It was always bound to happen that Julianne Moore would feature in a crap movie and this was her first one despite it being based on an international best seller.

We were never able to watch the whole of it and this is a boring hostage drama where Moore plays an opera singer caught up in some third world toilet political coup.

Someone is in prison for placing the wonderful Julianne Moore in something as shit as this. A life sentence of course.

I like her coat
By all means have a look at it some more here though no english subtitles yet:

https://nyafilmer.com/unga-astrid/

I set a personal record of having tears in my eyes and goosebumps just a few seconds into it. The rude swede has feelings so all of a sudden all the women are lining up.

Your number in the queue is 54. There are 321 operators working to take your call. Your estimated time of waiting in line is 4 years 3 months 27 days 5 hours 23 minutes and 47 seconds.

Widows-poster.jpg

A simply great crime drama set in Chicago where the death of some criminals means their wives end up in a lot of trouble. Brilliant cast and Viola Davis stands out and this is her best performance so far in my opinion.

The story comes with a twist of course and the two hours just flew by.

Have you seen the listers. A doc and profile of a successful artist who’s absorbtion in his work has a negative impact on his relationship to his family

Have you seen the listers. A doc and profile of a successful artist who’s absorbtion in his work has a negative impact on his relationship to his family
Not sure if this is directed at me or not. I have not seen it but it looks really interesting. Just looked it up. My library doesn’t carry it but I may be able to order it out of district. I do really like street art. Thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: Oh, I get it. :) The title is Have You Seen The Listers?

Not sure if this is directed at me or not. I have not seen it but it looks really interesting. Just looked it up. My library doesn’t carry it but I may be able to order it out of district. I do really like street art. Thanks for the recommendation.

You could just delete the comment and take the awkwardness away.

I lol’ed. Sorry I’m not he grammatical type but in this case I guess it would have pragmatic and practical. It’s on netflix

i1RmPEbFdpkywQjofYk3LgbG6rW.jpg

"A Fortunate Man"

This danish drama based on a book and directed by the brilliant Bille August, who at times uses the camera as a brush to create what looks like paintings, is almost three hours long. This is about the son of a priest who goes against the family tradition and opts to study to become an engineer.

To finance his future plans to transform the use of energy and turn Denmark into a leading nation in that field he befriends the wealthy jewish family Salomon where he first falls for one daughter of the house and then the other. But his feelings for them are used as a way to fund his own life and ambitions.

Bille August is of course the father of Alba August mentioned above who played Astrid Lindgren and he had her when married to Pernilla August. His films never disappoint and I liked how the actor Esben Smed managed to play the main character who is ahead of his time and very impatient with the people around him not seeing what he sees.

Wonderful settings perfect in every detail is what you get when Bille August directs a movie and despite being so long this movie managed to entertain me throughout. Esben Smed felt a bit too modern for this part compared to the rest of the cast but I think they did that on purpose to really portray him as a man being a bit ahead of his time.

A work of art in so many ways with great dialogue and acting.

By all means have a look at it some more here though no english subtitles yet:

https://nyafilmer.com/unga-astrid/

I set a personal record of having tears in my eyes and goosebumps just a few seconds into it. The rude swede has feelings so all of a sudden all the women are lining up.

Your number in the queue is 54. There are 321 operators working to take your call. Your estimated time of waiting in line is 4 years 3 months 27 days 5 hours 23 minutes and 47 seconds.

This is a better source to be fair and it is back up again after it was down most of the weekend.

https://swesub.net/24715/unga-astrid

Widows-poster.jpg

A simply great crime drama set in Chicago where the death of some criminals means their wives end up in a lot of trouble. Brilliant cast and Viola Davis stands out and this is her best performance so far in my opinion.

The story comes with a twist of course and the two hours just flew by.

Liam Neeson was great in this movie.

LOL

MV5BNzc1YWEzODgtOWIyMi00ODdkLWFmMGUtZmYxOTMwN2VkZGZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDIxNDgzMjg@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

The latest installment of the Department Q series is this one which is based on a book. It dares to question the danish social democrats who like their swedish counterparts committed all kinds of atrocities against their own people not least the mentally ill.

This story begins with corpses found sitting round a dinner table behind a wall in a flat in what turns out to have a lot to do with things that took place in the early 60's. A gruesome story about forced sterilisation on girls considered to have a weak mind.

In the end they turn this into being about a mad doctor sterilising muslim women in our times so they did not entirely dare to step on the toes of the powerful social democrat dictators that us scandis have been living under as long as we can remember.

The two actors Fares Fares, from Sweden, and the dane Nikolaj Lie Kaas have great chemistry and of all the Department Q films so far this is easily the best one. The film mentions things like the deep state and ends with a damning verdict on the danish social democrats who like their fellow swedes inspired Hitler and nazi Germany with their purity and race theories brought on by the Cold Theory.

Fans of The Bridge will probably love this film.

MV5BNDc5ZmRkMDctNzllNi00ZGZjLTliM2MtMGEwMjIwYTgzMTA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjgxNzc3NDc@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Set in a seaside town that they forgot to close down, Southend.

The bully from Sex Education stars in this one which is almost like a english 8 Mile with rap battles and portraying England like it was Bronx or something. It's totally silly really and the main character was given away by his mother when young so he's been in various homes all over England and even in Romford (Hello Nicholas).

I felt like abandoning this halfway through but kept watching and the rap battle lyrics made me LOL a lot. It almost became good when they added some backbeats to the rap battle but in the end this was very flat.

Even one of Mike Leigh's fave female actors has a part in this one. You could rename it BS if you wanted to be cruel but nah we're not, are we?

https://swesub.net/24750/vs

small_c880ab39864ef4be4b8f280b01ab230e-star.jpg

This was so bad I dunno where to start but I will try. At last Lady Gaga comes out as the sex change hermaphrodite she always was and her male features are all over this movie and she even jokes about the nose which is just one feature that gives her away. I even think she flashes her cock in the bath tub scene when the door closes.

The music and chemistry is so bad and it is far too long and it all turns out to be some kind of story about what it was like for Lady Gaga to win awards. There is not an ounce of talent anywhere in this movie and it was so bad it was painful to watch.

I kept thinking she looks like a younger Chloe Sevigny and she might have done the same sex change but surely Winnie would have told me if that was the case?

Arizona gets a mention and the quote "nuts, navajo and nowhere to go" made me LOL. Nava Joe is related to Nada Joe from Mexico.

small_c880ab39864ef4be4b8f280b01ab230e-star.jpg

This was so bad I dunno where to start but I will try. At last Lady Gaga comes out as the sex change hermaphrodite she always was and her male features are all over this movie and she even jokes about the nose which is just one feature that gives her away. I even think she flashes her cock in the bath tub scene when the door closes.

The music and chemistry is so bad and it is far too long and it all turns out to be some kind of story about what it was like for Lady Gaga to win awards. There is not an ounce of talent anywhere in this movie and it was so bad it was painful to watch.

I kept thinking she looks like a younger Chloe Sevigny and she might have done the same sex change but surely Winnie would have told me if that was the case?

Arizona gets a mention and the quote "nuts, navajo and nowhere to go" made me LOL. Nava Joe is related to Nada Joe from Mexico.

It is not as bad as it is to watch a soccer game played. I will even listen to the Star is Born soundtrack instead of watching soccer played. LOL

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom