tell us about the last Film you saw

The latest film starring Alicia Vikander looks very cheesy in so many ways but I'll end up watching it cause I bet Pilla will love it.

Imagine the ugly kids she'll have with that fruitbat Fassbender abusing such a heavy german surname changing the i to an e making the surname sound even dafter.

Bender, LOL

MV5BY2ExNGY3ZGEtY2JiNC00M2VjLThlNTItN2U4ZjE1NmQyMjc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ4NjgyNTM@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

A norwegian drama about a father walking out on his family and the son believing he was kidnapped by a UFO. This made me remember the old Halebop comet cause this is about a comet and the son and his older friend trying to get in contact with a UFO they believe are hidden behind a comet.

It is hard to describe this movie but I loved it and it's just over an hour long but still manages to fill it enough to make the story work. Loved the girl in it wearing the "death to hipsters" t-shirt and this film questions NASA a bit in a very philosophical way.

A few new faces I'd not seen before.

post_ver5.jpg

Someone in this thread slaughtered this movie so I had to see for myself if Streep and Hanks finally ended up in a crap movie and the answer is a clear yes. We made it through half of the movie before we gave up and this lacks absolutely everything to make it in any way interesting.

This is the kind of movie that kills the talent and confidence of actors.

Watched this swedish movie many years ago which is about Sebastian or Sebbe, short for Sebastian who lives in a Gothenburg ghetto with his abusive mother who had given up on life.

Wish I could find it online with english subtitles but here is the trailer.

post_ver5.jpg

Someone in this thread slaughtered this movie so I had to see for myself if Streep and Hanks finally ended up in a crap movie and the answer is a clear yes. We made it through half of the movie before we gave up and this lacks absolutely everything to make it in any way interesting.

This is the kind of movie that kills the talent and confidence of actors.

I bailed out of The Post early on and I got it for free when the annual Oscar screeners get leaked. Awful.

Today I spent an uncomfortable and hot day in the smallest screen in my local multiplex alone watching Ghost Stories, a British portmanteau horror film starring (principally) Martin Freeman.

A television psychic debunker in the mould of James Randi is challenged to solve three cases of the paranormal where no scientific explanation has yet been found.

It uses tried and trusted spooky scenarios; the nightwatchman, breaking down in a spooky wood, and the rambling (albeit hideous newbuild) country house.

As a fan of the old Amicus and Hammer anthology films and having an abiding fascination for M.R. James and the sometimes creepy English countryside I was always going to love this to bits and I did. The performances are great. Johnny Depp considers Paul Whitehouse one of the greatest actors in the world and on this evidence you can see why.

Alex Lawther, star of the second vignette, is genuinely sinister as the haunted boy barricaded into his bedroom after a late night woodland encounter in his broken down car.

But it’s Freeman who really pulls this whole thing together. Playing a financier who is visited at home by an apparition while his wife is giving birth prematurely in the local hospital, he’s mesmerising. It’s fashionable in certain circles to attack Freeman these days, but he a likeable and engaging performer in my opinion.

There has been criticism of the end of the movie. All I can say is it reminded me of those wonderful anthology films of the late sixties and early seventies from which this so clearly draws inspiration and for me at least it’s a plus.

kodachrome.jpg

This is so good I don't know if I can find it in me to describe it in words but at the same time I feel I have to in order to say thank you to those that made it.

If you watch this and have a heart you will feel very humble afterwards and look at life, yours and other peoples lives, in a whole new way and remember what you lost on the way as life derailed you to focus on what is probably not that important.

This is inspired by this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/30/us/30film.html

Ed Harris with his looks is perfect as the man with cancer who just wants his last film rolls to be developed before they shut down the last processing machine. This is sort of a road movie and he takes his son played by Jason Sudeikis and his caretaker played by Elizabeth Olsen with him as they travel through the country to Kansas.

This is a story filled with life lessons and the character played by Jason Sudeikis is someone I so easily identified with having an old dad and the various conflicts I have had with him in recent years over the way he handled life in general. Some of it came almost too close for comfort.

The music is great throughout and really lifts this movie and Olsen and Sudeikis characters discuss music a lot which is quite funny as the guy tries to figure out what music she is into and she says she loves THE SMITHS among other bands. They talk about the band LIVE a lot and sort of makes fun of that band a bit. They even play some Galaxie 500.

Jason's character works at a record company and deals with what I believe is a fictious british band called Spare Sevens but this is more a tribute to all those people working with a camera to capture a moment in time and that made me remember my old english teacher who showed us pictures from around the world and after his death he was honoured by our king and queen.

For the first time ever Netflix have produced a fantastic movie deserving of major awards and this is a film with an end that will just blow you away and you will fight hard to stop the tears from coming.

Everyone should see it and those with Netflix should watch it now or you can watch it here:

http://www2.123moviesfree.com/watch/kodachrome-2017-online-free-123movies.html

all-the-money-in-the-world-plummer-poster.jpg

This was mentioned earlier in the thread and I finally got to see it and this is a masterpiece, especially the acting by Plummer which is why I chose the poster above.

I guess everyone know about the Getty's and the kidnap story and since this is inspired by real events and a book it just could not fail. I had no idea that Ridley Scott directed it but that was just the final piece in the jigsaw to create a wonderful movie that is over 2 hours long and those hours just fly by.

Wonderful cast and most will probably hate the cheapskate old man Getty but somehow I loved him and his balls to stand up to anyone and anything trying to force him to bend for others. I always valued rich people who despite their wealth won't just toss money away at stupid things but who knew the real value of money and he sure did.

This is a must see movie for all and you can watch it here:

http://www2.123moviesfree.com/watch/all-the-money-in-the-world-2017-online-free-123movies.html

kodachrome.jpg

This is so good I don't know if I can find it in me to describe it in words but at the same time I feel I have to in order to say thank you to those that made it.

If you watch this and have a heart you will feel very humble afterwards and look at life, yours and other peoples lives, in a whole new way and remember what you lost on the way as life derailed you to focus on what is probably not that important.

This is inspired by this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/30/us/30film.html

Ed Harris with his looks is perfect as the man with cancer who just wants his last film rolls to be developed before they shut down the last processing machine. This is sort of a road movie and he takes his son played by Jason Sudeikis and his caretaker played by Elizabeth Olsen with him as they travel through the country to Kansas.

This is a story filled with life lessons and the character played by Jason Sudeikis is someone I so easily identified with having an old dad and the various conflicts I have had with him in recent years over the way he handled life in general. Some of it came almost too close for comfort.

The music is great throughout and really lifts this movie and Olsen and Sudeikis characters discuss music a lot which is quite funny as the guy tries to figure out what music she is into and she says she loves THE SMITHS among other bands. They talk about the band LIVE a lot and sort of makes fun of that band a bit. They even play some Galaxie 500.

Jason's character works at a record company and deals with what I believe is a fictious british band called Spare Sevens but this is more a tribute to all those people working with a camera to capture a moment in time and that made me remember my old english teacher who showed us pictures from around the world and after his death he was honoured by our king and queen.

For the first time ever Netflix have produced a fantastic movie deserving of major awards and this is a film with an end that will just blow you away and you will fight hard to stop the tears from coming.

Everyone should see it and those with Netflix should watch it now or you can watch it here:

http://www2.123moviesfree.com/watch/kodachrome-2017-online-free-123movies.html

all-the-money-in-the-world-plummer-poster.jpg

This was mentioned earlier in the thread and I finally got to see it and this is a masterpiece, especially the acting by Plummer which is why I chose the poster above.

I guess everyone know about the Getty's and the kidnap story and since this is inspired by real events and a book it just could not fail. I had no idea that Ridley Scott directed it but that was just the final piece in the jigsaw to create a wonderful movie that is over 2 hours long and those hours just fly by.

Wonderful cast and most will probably hate the cheapskate old man Getty but somehow I loved him and his balls to stand up to anyone and anything trying to force him to bend for others. I always valued rich people who despite their wealth won't just toss money away at stupid things but who knew the real value of money and he sure did.

This is a must see movie for all and you can watch it here:

http://www2.123moviesfree.com/watch/all-the-money-in-the-world-2017-online-free-123movies.html

giphy.gif

I have been watching a lot of movies. I saw a really bad one and a really good one. Hot Fuzz is great. I'd seen it before but it had been a while. The screenplay is really well written. Lots of films have a screenplay available online and if you're a fan it's a good idea to read it either before or after you watch so you can see how it was put together. I did this with The Big Leibowski, also.. It's very entertaining to read. Quentin Tarantino's films are all available in screenplay form, too.
Anyway, the first time I saw Hot Fuzz I was slightly disappointed because Shawn Of The Dead is so good and might be better.

Now, the terrible film I watched was Se7en. I don't know what I expected but Gwyneth Paltrow is so annoying. Morgan Freeman does what he can with what he is given but it's a crap script full of bad dialogue. Brad Pitt is Brad Pitt and if you like him you'll like his performance. He's a lot better in Inglorious Basterds, though.
And Kevin Spacey has been in some of my favorite films and I used to be a fan but this was not a very strong performance. He does have a line where he's talking about someone deserving to die for being a pederast so I guess he should have gotten an Oscar for being able to say that.
You know what is great in that movie is the sets, though. I'd say that the photography and design is really great. The plot is literally by the numbers. Has a couple of exciting and a couple of shocking scenes. But Paltrow is a very weak link and the ideas the writer had to make her have a connection with the Morgan Freeman character are just stupid and only there so that they movie has a plot. I mean, you can see the thought process of why they did this because if they hadn't the big payoff at the end wouldn't have worked, but then it doesn't work anyway because you can see it coming a mile away. It's no "Usual Suspects" for sure. I was starting to wonder if I'd read about it or something. I know it's old. But I knew the plot and the big payoff way before it happened. And the reaction of the Brad Pitt character and the aftermath of that don't make sense either.
Doesn't he realize that the Kevin Spacey character did him a major favor? Anyway. It sucked.
Yesterday I tried to watch "Kill The Irishman" but they spent at least a half hour setting up the introduction. The movie doesn't actually start until Christopher Walken appears. Everything before that is all an introduction that should have been a couple of written paragraphs or a short narration because they put NOTHING into it. This happens then this happens then this happens. It's all super easy, no struggle, and the reason why is because it's not the plot, it's the setup.
I wanted to like it and watch it but once it finally started and I realized how the writers and makers of this film had wasted so much time on things no one was really meant to care about I lost faith in it and quit. Also I never heard of it and it's only a couple of years old. If Christopher Walken is in something and you never heard of it it's probably crap that he did to buy a new house. And he does give the standard Christopher Walken performance which is kind of entertaining but I was also resentful to see him wasted on this crap.

MV5BMTRhYjE4ZGMtZGY4MS00NjAzLTg0ZTItMGQ3NmZlMjYyNDAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

The film is quite mediocre and very stereotypical. But the main character is very similar in her origins and her activities to a woman I know in real life. She is a true bitch. She manages all the drug deals plus alcohol and human trafficking in the area where I live and her real state office (a screen for her true activities) is very close to my office. I had a lot of problems with her because she is ruining too many teenagers lives and that makes me sick, but she is overprotected by local authorities, governments change and she becomes every time more powerful and dangerous. She has a lot of people working for her, and no union disturbs her despite she exploits people. She has deals with the police and the newspapers. Besides, there are a lot of accomplices supporting her activities because they earn a lot of money with her crimes and her money laundering. That woman has ruined this place in ways that will remain here when she is gone. She made me unbelievably things but I'm still here. I think her main problem with me is not about the allegations I made about her, but because she is jealous since she is so ugly on the outside and inside that she can't change it with dirty and bloody narco money.

Last edited:
Darkest-Hour-One-Sheet-600x888.jpg

A delight for the eye and mind and ears and a well deserved Oscar for Gary. Despite the film dealing with a very serious time in history this is full of humour and laughs.

I loved the subway scene the most but the black man felt a bit forced and that kind of thing makes me feel as sad as when I see old white actors from the past playing black people.

yasseq6clgz0c4mwohio.jpg

A Horrible Woman

This danish relationship drama will make anyone who was ever in a relationship relate and make them laugh. Maybe the men will laugh and identify a bit more like I did cause this movie is very cruel on women in general described like they are in real life, taking over a mans life completely when they meet one.

She moves in and changes the home completely and makes the guy wear other clothes and so on and even questions his taste in music and arts.

Lovely actors and I only recognised one, I think, from before and I kept thinking if a man like Woody Allen would have watched this he would have felt jealous after all his movies about relationships cause this film doesn't exactly avoid controversy and I expect this film to start a furious debate.

The Nirvana album "Nevermind" has a bit of a "cameo" role in this film and when it finished I just wanted more and a follow up would be a dream but at the same time this film is so good it better be left alone as it is.

It would be easy to accuse the male director and writers of being men that hate women especially when it comes to the two times in the film when the woman stares into the camera with a very evil smile as if she loves to f*** up the mind of the guy she's in a relationship with and take over his life completely.

This drama questions women in general and their obsession with being in control and getting things the way they want cause hand on heart in which hetero relationship does the man get to decide things?

Amanda Collin as Marie and Anders Juul as Rasmus turned this into one of the best relationship/couple therapy films I have ever seen and once again the danes deliver big time.

Trailer:

picnic at hanging rock. a film about 3 schoolgirls who go missing while on a school picnic to the rock of the same name. love the dreamy look and feel of the movie, only enhanced by the girls gorgeous diaphanous white dresses (the film is worth watching for the dresses and the hair alone). there is a trancelike feel from the very beginning: they all seem to have schoolgirl infatuations with each other--and especially with Miranda, one of the schoolgirls to go missing, whom mademoiselle likens to a Botticelli angel, and whom one of the schoolgirls claims to be the possessor of secret knowledge--which all adds to the surrealness of the events which take place. the mystery as to what happened to them is never solved--the looming rock of the movie never gives up it's secret--which is a bit frustrating because of course one wants to know. the perfect thing to watch on a lazy afternoon.

yasseq6clgz0c4mwohio.jpg

A Horrible Woman

This danish relationship drama will make anyone who was ever in a relationship relate and make them laugh. Maybe the men will laugh and identify a bit more like I did cause this movie is very cruel on women in general described like they are in real life, taking over a mans life completely when they meet one.

She moves in and changes the home completely and makes the guy wear other clothes and so on and even questions his taste in music and arts.

Lovely actors and I only recognised one, I think, from before and I kept thinking if a man like Woody Allen would have watched this he would have felt jealous after all his movies about relationships cause this film doesn't exactly avoid controversy and I expect this film to start a furious debate.

The Nirvana album "Nevermind" has a bit of a "cameo" role in this film and when it finished I just wanted more and a follow up would be a dream but at the same time this film is so good it better be left alone as it is.

It would be easy to accuse the male director and writers of being men that hate women especially when it comes to the two times in the film when the woman stares into the camera with a very evil smile as if she loves to f*** up the mind of the guy she's in a relationship with and take over his life completely.

This drama questions women in general and their obsession with being in control and getting things the way they want cause hand on heart in which hetero relationship does the man get to decide things?

Amanda Collin as Marie and Anders Juul as Rasmus turned this into one of the best relationship/couple therapy films I have ever seen and once again the danes deliver big time.

Trailer:

And of course the woman dislikes the man eating meat and forces him to become a veggie. (awful word as decided by the Bluerose Society chatroom).

The film agrees with everything I have been saying at Solo about men and women in relationships. It should become a propaganda film for the MGTOW movement.

picnic at hanging rock. a film about 3 schoolgirls who go missing while on a school picnic to the rock of the same name. love the dreamy look and feel of the movie, only enhanced by the girls gorgeous diaphanous white dresses (the film is worth watching for the dresses and the hair alone). there is a trancelike feel from the very beginning: they all seem to have schoolgirl infatuations with each other--and especially with Miranda, one of the schoolgirls to go missing, whom mademoiselle likens to a Botticelli angel, and whom one of the schoolgirls claims to be the possessor of secret knowledge--which all adds to the surrealness of the events which take place. the mystery as to what happened to them is never solved--the looming rock of the movie never gives up it's secret--which is a bit frustrating because of course one wants to know. the perfect thing to watch on a lazy afternoon.
Did you watch the original from 1975 or the new one from this year?

There is also a mini tv series with the same title and if all three are inspired by the novel I do not know.

I saw the title and was coming to write you about the dresses. Yes! Right???!!! All that gauzy, white cotton and lace. Makes one almost want to be a school girl on a picnic. But one who comes back.

I saw the title and was coming to write you about the dresses. Yes! Right???!!! All that gauzy, white cotton and lace. Makes one almost want to be a school girl on a picnic. But one who comes back.
haha! I knowwwwwwwwwwww. and matched with their long lovely locks! glorious! I would be so afraid to get those dresses dirty though, or like, sweat stained. i mean, they were in really hot weather!
some Isabel marant concoctions remind me of those dresses, though isabels are simpler, less frothy.
DIM099SS18_F1_1024x1024.jpg

Isabel-Marant-Rilows-Point-Toe-Leather-Ankle-Boots.jpg

upload_2018-4-29_0-48-48.png

987977_ou_pp.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-29_0-48-58.png
    upload_2018-4-29_0-48-58.png
    71 bytes · Views: 0
Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom