tell us about the last Film you saw

zv5zxp6.jpg

This glorious masterpiece is over 2 hours long but well worth it. Only the awful swedish actress Vera Vitali manages to disrupt it a bit but only for a very brief spell.
Probably the best we've seen from Guy Pearce and the old english hooligan movie actor Paul Anderson lifts it a bit as well.
Gruesome story from start to finish.

gershon3n-9-web.jpg

What better way than to watch this after watching the demise of the Manchester derby that produced the worst football and least energy I have ever seen from both sides. It really was like watching two towers come crashing down.

Yet another WTC film but this is quite ok and deals with 5 people trapped in an elevator which is based on a book. Nice cast that managed to lift this story cause without them who knows what the result would have been.

bhops! bhops! (why do you have the word "hops" in your name? as a bunny I take offence! I cant help the way I have to get around. would it be so clever if I called myself bwalks?)

I watched his girl Friday! oh it was so good! very funny and entertaining, the acting wonderfully choreographed, and yes, great energy! wow, cary grant is a revelation. he's just superb. top of his game. Rosalind Russell was great too. great recommendation, thanks!

bhops! bhops! (why do you have the word "hops" in your name? as a bunny I take offence! I cant help the way I have to get around. would it be so clever if I called myself bwalks?)

I watched his girl Friday! oh it was so good! very funny and entertaining, the acting wonderfully choreographed, and yes, great energy! wow, cary grant is a revelation. he's just superb. top of his game. Rosalind Russell was great too. great recommendation, thanks!

Their chemistry is so good it may even eclipse (just) that between Grant and Hepburn. Ralph Bellamy is fantastic as well, did you catch that little inside joke where cary Grant is describing Rosalind Russell's husband-to-be as 'he looks a lot like that actor, Ralph Bellamy.' :lbf::lbf:

The screenplay was written by Charles Lederer who was something of a legend, he also penned Monkey Business, gentlemen Prefer Blondes, the original Oceans Eleven and the Brando version of Mutiny On the Bounty. I also think this may be Howard Hawks' best film. So much damn win in this film, it really did deserve a more conclusive review from you :D

Their chemistry is so good it may even eclipse (just) that between Grant and Hepburn. Ralph Bellamy is fantastic as well, did you catch that little inside joke where cary Grant is describing Rosalind Russell's husband-to-be as 'he looks a lot like that actor, Ralph Bellamy.' :lbf::lbf:

The screenplay was written by Charles Lederer who was something of a legend, he also penned Monkey Business, gentlemen Prefer Blondes, the original Oceans Eleven and the Brando version of Mutiny On the Bounty. I also think this may be Howard Hawks' best film. So much damn win in this film, it really did deserve a more conclusive review from you :D

You guys need a room. 12 Slack went on work related trip and meanwhile his best faghag falls in love with a bearded dude.

That's Solo for ya!

well, why don't you write a conclusive review?! I'm a very busy lady, don't you know? I've got my eyelids to examine in several different mirrors, site sales to peruse, and baklava to eat. besides, I'm afraid I'm no good at writing movie reviews. i wish I was but, alas, my nobelesque greatness doesn't quite stretch into the world of films. and anyway I usually have to watch a thing more than once (which i may do) in order to process it fully. also what is there to say about it, really? other than it was sparklingly funny and clever. I don't know why it should come as a surpise to me at this point that people in the old days had personality and yet it always somehow does. I guess because the technology was a bit crude so you expect people to be too? and yet here are cary grant and Rosalind russell: personality in spades. I mean, I think that's the main thing I got out of watching it. I need to watch MORE old films. I defo could use more cary grant in my life.

oh and no, I didn't catch the part about ralph bellamy cause I didn't know who ralph bellamy was, or that he was the actor in the film. but I do now!

She is on her back so just pounce now dude!
Now now that’s a bit naughty of you Urbanus, but I will take this opportunity to say I have revised my opinion of Rifke, she seems like a thoroughly decent rabbit :rabbitface: Maybe first impressions are not always the correct ones?

And to Rifke, please indulge yourself by finishing the triumvirate of great screwball comedies by watching Bringing Up Baby. I actually rate it number 2 just in behind Friday. Or perhaps you’ve seen it already.

“I’m coming Mr Peabody!!!” :lbf::lbf:

Now now that’s a bit naughty of you Urbanus, but I will take this opportunity to say I have revised my opinion of Rifke, she seems like a thoroughly decent rabbit :rabbitface: Maybe first impressions are not always the correct ones?

And to Rifke, please indulge yourself by finishing the triumvirate of great screwball comedies by watching Bringing Up Baby. I actually rate it number 2 just in behind Friday. Or perhaps you’ve seen it already.

oh very decent of you to say, kind sir. I have always thought of myself as a rather decent rabbit. still one must remember that I am also an extreme rabbit, though what that means I haven't yet figured out. you seem decent yourself. and to answer your question, I think the beard works with the quiff.

okay, I will get right on watching bringing up baby! as soon as I make it to the video store, that is! (might have to wait until after Christmas)

(hey, urbanus! look! I'm making friends with everyone but you!!)

oh very decent of you to say, kind sir. I have always thought of myself as a rather decent rabbit. still one must remember that I am also an extreme rabbit, though what that means I haven't yet figured out. you seem decent yourself. and to answer your question, I think the beard works with the quiff.

okay, I will get right on watching bringing up baby! as soon as I make it to the video store, that is! (might have to wait until after Christmas)

(hey, urbanus! look! I'm making friends with everyone but you!!)

Why don't you explain to these "friends" that you laugh at kids being blown up in terrorist attacks like the Manchester Bombing? You put on this persona of jokey nicety but you wrote appalling disgusting shit about little kids dying :(

CYshYruW8AAoeJJ.jpg

Fast Convoy is a french crime drama set in the Malaga area. This is a great road movie where you follow some criminals in three cars transporting drugs. Of course things do not go as planned and this was really made well and will make you wanna hop in your car and go for a drive.

The dialogue is funny here and there and especially the scene where one of them sings the theme from Top Gun.

She absolutely hates my guts for a reason but I am a fan like you.

heartstone.jpg

Danish/icelandic coming of age drama about two boys in a remote fishing village in Iceland. This film will probably make you remember your youth and places and people you thought you had forgotten about.

As the boys discover girls they also discover each other and the acting by these new young actors is brilliant. The best icelandic film since the 2003 film "Noi Albinoi".

A film that will leave you feeling a whole range of emotions.

heartstone.jpg

Danish/icelandic coming of age drama about two boys in a remote fishing village in Iceland. This film will probably make you remember your youth and places and people you thought you had forgotten about.

As the boys discover girls they also discover each other and the acting by these new young actors is brilliant. The best icelandic film since the 2003 film "Noi Albinoi".

A film that will leave you feeling a whole range of emotions.

Since they played this old tune I am listening to it now:

Never noticed The Cure like bassline before.

it-remake-movie-poster-2017.jpg

A original film always feels like the better one when they do a remake and that goes for this one as well. This film is good here and there and has some moments that are brilliant but it feels a bit cut up somehow.

I guess everyone watching it gets flashbacks from their childhood and remember old friends from back then. As always with Stephen King the story in itself is about so much more than horror. I was thinking to myself that a female version of Stephen King would have created far better stories less centered on typical boy and men behaviours.

This is of course a product of the modern times in that a black boy and a jewish boy features but what about a muslim boy or a far east asian one?

Swedish actor Bill Skarsgård didn't have to do a lot to play Pennywise and was of course only chosen cause the one they wanted had other plans. A perfect film at Christmas but as always a very predictable Hollywood production.

The scene where they play The Cure is typical for the film that goes from one mood to another and maybe those switches were a bit too many in this one.

war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

More visually outstanding than ever the story of Caesar goes on. A real treat for the eyes with a lot of references to other war film. Woody Harrelson playing the Colonel and does ok.

Watching this at Christmas gave me the same feeling as when I watched the Lord of the Rings films at the same time of year way back.

There is a lot of humour in it as well especially with the zoo monkey that joins in halfway through the film. Epic end as you expect from such a big production.

I was watching parts of the best Christmas related film ever made earlier, Ingmar Bergman's "Fanny and Alexander". State tv are showing it now.

It is available online cut up in 6 parts with english subtitles.

Part 1:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x124pts

Part 2:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x125vof

Part 3:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1277qu

Part 4:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x128cvu

Part 5:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x129olb

Part 6:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x123m9v