Tell me all about...OSCILLATE WILDLY

dom

Thats How People Throw Up
Hey all.

Being that i am learning so much new stuff about The Smiths from well knowledged people like yourselves on this forum, i am going to rape you all of your knowledge (if you pardon the aggressive metaphore) I shall keep doing so in different threads until i have learnt all i need or until my collection of Smiths related books reach the max ori have read them all.

Please tell me about the song Oscillate Wildly. it is a song without words. iNteresting. Why? What meaning? All i know is it is a pun reference in its titel to OSCAR WILDE...i think? Tell us more :)

Hey all.

Please tell me about the song Oscillate Wildly. it is a song without words. iNteresting. Why? What meaning? All i know is it is a pun reference in its titel to OSCAR WILDE...i think? Tell us more :)

This is from It May All End Tomorrow

"This is a scintillating instrumental for which Morrissey supplied only the title, a pun on his enigmatic hero Oscar Wilde. I do feel that this song is much better as an instrumental in many ways; it has a sort of soundtrack warmth to it that means it is perfectly able to impress as mere musical backing. It's almost as if it's more enigmatic left as it is."

If you scroll down this thread, you'll find some earlier discussion links of Oscillate Wildly.

You can also find some comments from Houdini's Smiths/Morrissey Top 100 poll's thread which you can still cast your vote. ;)

Marr says "We did it really quickly in just one evening, but it came together beautifully"

Apparently Geoff Travis asked Morrissey to write lyrics but Morrissey felt that that it was strong enough to stand on its own.

Johnny has also said that it was never intended to have lyrics and that Morrissey supported him in this.

I reccommend you get the book Songs that saved your life by Simon Goddard it is a really good book filled with little gems like the comments above.

Back
Top Bottom