Taylor Swift - new album Friday 10/11/17

Maurice E Maher

There is surprise around these parts that the Morrissey album has yet to leak. T Swift's new one comes out this Friday and even the track-listing (other than the singles) remains a mystery.
Anyone like her stuff at all? Not normally my cuppa tea but I thought 1989 was brilliant.
Ryan Adams covered it in 'the style of the Smiths' with the Rolling Stone review commenting: 'Alt-country cult hero finds the Morrissey melodies hiding inside Taylor Swift's latest pop triumph'. Other tenuous Swift/Smiths link is that she often plays a Johnny Marr signature guitar at her live shows.

Last edited:
Anyone else got the album?
My first impressions are that it's a little too long (15 songs), and the first few songs are a bit duff.
There are two or three beauties about two thirds of the way through, though.
Will have another good listen this eve...

People who love Morrissey and love Taylor Swift.... possibly a contender for the worlds smallest intersection in a Venn diagram?

People who love Morrissey and love Taylor Swift.... possibly a contender for the worlds smallest intersection in a Venn diagram?

Must admit, I wouldn't say that I either loved Taylor or big Steve. But I do like a lot of their songs.
Still struggling with Reputation - where 1989 had about 8 great songs, this new one feels like it might only have 3 or 4. That could still change as I've only listened to it about 5 times.

Back
Top Bottom