Taylor Swift - new album Friday 10/11/17

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by Maurice E Maher, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Maurice E Maher

Maurice E Maher Active Member

There is surprise around these parts that the Morrissey album has yet to leak. T Swift's new one comes out this Friday and even the track-listing (other than the singles) remains a mystery.
    Anyone like her stuff at all? Not normally my cuppa tea but I thought 1989 was brilliant.
    Ryan Adams covered it in 'the style of the Smiths' with the Rolling Stone review commenting: 'Alt-country cult hero finds the Morrissey melodies hiding inside Taylor Swift's latest pop triumph'. Other tenuous Swift/Smiths link is that she often plays a Johnny Marr signature guitar at her live shows.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. Bhoy_least_likely_to

Bhoy_least_likely_to Member

I love Taylor Swift. blank space is one of my favourite songs ever, she's great

3. Maurice E Maher

Yeah, Blank Space sure ain't bad but I think I prefer Style and Out of the Woods from that album.

4. Maurice E Maher

Anyone else got the album?
    My first impressions are that it's a little too long (15 songs), and the first few songs are a bit duff.
    There are two or three beauties about two thirds of the way through, though.
    Will have another good listen this eve...

5. Rush 2 Danger

Rush 2 Danger Wind up nowhere

People who love Morrissey and love Taylor Swift.... possibly a contender for the worlds smallest intersection in a Venn diagram?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Maurice E Maher

Must admit, I wouldn't say that I either loved Taylor or big Steve. But I do like a lot of their songs.
    Still struggling with Reputation - where 1989 had about 8 great songs, this new one feels like it might only have 3 or 4. That could still change as I've only listened to it about 5 times.