Taser; Australian for "demerit"

Leaked document leaves politicians red-faced over tasers for teachers idea

QUEENSLAND teachers would be given Taser stun guns to control unruly students under a leaked State Opposition draft policy.

In a move labelled "ridiculous" by parents, Opposition Leader John-Paul Langbroek's office proposed handing teachers the 50,000 volt electro-shock weapons for protection against rising school violence.

A spokesman for Mr Langbroek yesterday admitted the stun gun idea - presented the same as other Opposition policy formulation documents - was created in the Liberal National Party's parliamentary offices.

Amid conflicting allegations over which of Mr Langbroek's policy advisers created the document, the spokesman yesterday claimed the plan was a joke among several staff, the Sunday Mail reported.

"Only a handful of staff had shared the joke without the knowledge of any MP," the spokesman said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/lea...ea/story-e6frfkvr-1225929442602#ixzz10hD89Oi9

Wow. :eek:

Bloody hell. I'm glad I don't live in Queensland.:eek:
I'd be keeping my son home from school!

.....Just wish I would have had a Fecking Taser at my school,( ...back in the day...) to use on some of the Absolute scumbag Teachers!!!
Spinelees Bastards all, indeed!!

When I was in Victoria, Australia, last year, I discovered that people from that area (well, the people in my acquaintance, anyway) like to poke fun at people from Queensland, similar to the way that people here in the States like to poke fun at Southerners.

When I was in Victoria, Australia, last year, I discovered that people from that area (well, the people in my acquaintance, anyway) like to poke fun at people from Queensland, similar to the way that people here in the States like to poke fun at Southerners.

Yes, that's true. There are a lot of elderly people there. Not that
there's anything wrong with that, but it causes the politics to sway
in their favour. Also, a lot of the elderly people in Victoria or New South
Wales go there for holidays.
I'll never understand the attraction of a beach which has skyscrapers behind it. :crazy:
Oh well, each to his own, I guess.:guitar:

.....Just wish I would have had a Fecking Taser at my school,( ...back in the day...) to use on some of the Absolute scumbag Teachers!!!
Spinelees Bastards all, indeed!!

Heh. Heh. I would have given the nuns a run for their money, if I'd
had one......:)

Back
Top Bottom