• Bottled

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

Which do you prefer and why?

A random fact, UK tap water costs 0.1p per litre whilst in the high street the average price of UK bottled water costs 39p per litre

Last edited by a moderator:
I just drink loadsa water anyway, whether tap or bottle it doesn't matter to me so long as it's h20
But when I'm out and about try to make sure I have a bottle of it, so can't really vote because I have both :cool:

Drinking tap water is dangerous. You will not know if the water is contaminated and many find out later. You also have the problem with fluoride killing the natural stomach bacteria you badly need.

There are lists online of bottled water that do not contain fluoride.

Which do you prefer and why?

A random fact, UK tap water costs 0.1p per litre whilst in the high street the average price of UK bottled water costs 39p per litre

Yeah but when the pipes are older than your dad you may feel that it is worth to spend some more for quality and go for bottled water. Most countries nowadays cannot produce water of a quality that will not harm humans one way or the other. Fluoride and chloride water is not good for you and the rust in the pipes may colour your hair green to get that Green Day look for free.

Drinking tap water is dangerous. You will not know if the water is contaminated and many find out later. You also have the problem with fluoride killing the natural stomach bacteria you badly need.

There are lists online of bottled water that do not contain fluoride.

If I lived in Africa I would be scared, but I don't so just feel lucky to have clean clear water on tap. Count myself lucky, as we all should

If I lived in Africa I would be scared, but I don't so just feel lucky to have clean clear water on tap. Count myself lucky, as we all should

Depends on where you live and if you know what the quality is like. If they for some reason need to shut the supply of water you may still have some from the tap but the water may be full of bacteria. That is why I prefer bottles cause I never know what is coming out of the tap. I only shower in it and brush the teeth but do not drink tap water. There have been many incidents here since I started to buy mu drinking water and every time I have been grateful for not drinking bad water that made people ill.

The local pipes are older than me and many of them have been replaced lately and when you have no tap water it is great to have those bottles at home and still be able to drink and cook and clean yourself with. The tap water tastes bad for a reason and I only discovered how bad it tasted when they shut the water off and I had to buy bottled water. I have been using bottles ever since and every week we buy 6 big bottles and they do not cost nearly as much as they should comparing the quality of it with tap water.

tap water is dangerous where I live :eek:
so much so that the TV is always showing these little "PSA"s :rolleyes:
whereby via a cartoon you are shown people getting sick from drink tap water without boiling the water first :sick:
however, I have partaken from the tap more than once when drinking :squiffy:
and yes, my worst hangovers were always on occassions after that :straightface:

I try to drink as little bottled water as possible due to environmental concerns. Recycling programs are often not as efficient as we are led to believe and individual water bottles are among the most offensive.

Where I live the water company claims our water is among the best. This may be true, but is it clean and safe? I don't bet on it. I have called the water company quite a few times to do a water analysis and they act like I'm crazy (I've had too many?) and the report comes back good but...

I filter all my water. I would not trust the tap. There may be places where you can. I just think bottled water is too irresponsible towards the environment, if you have a choice.

I use a Brita charcoal filter pitcher at home, so technically tap water. I buy bottled water and drink from drinking fountains too, so I guess both?

tap water is dangerous where I live :eek:
so much so that the TV is always showing these little "PSA"s :rolleyes:
whereby via a cartoon you are shown people getting sick from drink tap water without boiling the water first :sick:
however, I have partaken from the tap more than once when drinking :squiffy:
and yes, my worst hangovers were always on occassions after that :straightface:

Yes the tap water in China is really bad for you and I think they have some sort of world record when it comes to fluoride levels in water. Fluoride at those high chinese levels may give people skeleton cancer and it will also reduce the human intelligence. This goes against the general perception that the chinese are very brainy or maybe that is the japanese.

Anyway, fluoride in water will cut your life short and in some areas where they have high fluoride levels in water the population have become wrinkly and old at the age of 40 because the fluoride breaks down the enzymes in our bodies that we need to function.

Well when I'm dying of drinking infected fluoride tap water in the next 50 years time, everyone on this forum can turn around to me and say "I told you so" :D I think I do tend to drink both. I'm not fussed!

I voted for neither. I probably drink tap water two or three times a month. The tap water in my home tastes lousy. I only drink bottled water when I go to the movies or a sports event, which is thankfully rare. I live on apple juice & black coffee. I never make coffee at home because I'm too lazy. I have a $40 coffee maker just sitting on my kitchen counter collecting dust. I always go to Moxie Java, Cafe Capri, or the Co-Op for my coffee. I imagine they're using tap water.

P.S. I just remembered I drink from the water fountain at work once or twice a day. I guess I'm drinking more tap water than I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom