talk about Newcomers...

sistasheila

tjekket
quite like la roux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRD8ZMYmrA

La Roux are a British electropop synth duo band made up of singer and synth player Elly Jackson, and co-writer and co-producer Ben Langmaid
Eleanor "Elly" Jackson is the daughter of actress Trudie Goodwin..Jackson grew up in the Herne Hill section of London. Jackson attended what she describes as a "rightwing, really religious school" where she was bullied because of her androgynous style.
Jackson has been linked to a pop music trend that features androgynous twenty-something women with a strong individualistic attitude. She has cited musicians David Bowie, Annie Lennox, Prince, actress Molly Ringwald, and TV presenter Elton Welsby as her influences.

Her first interest in music revolved around folk music. She was particularly interested in Carole King and Nick Drake whom she discovered in her parents record collection. Her early musical material consisted of folk ditties informed by Joni Mitchell. Jackson's taste in music changed during her mid teens when she became involved in the rave scene.

not sure if i will like it as well in later times to come..and its certainly "nothing new" but i like that single...dont know iabou the album..havent heard it yet..

your newcomers you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't a Roux a fatty sauce?

Anyway, if you like this kind of stuff, and I do, then you could do worse than buy this album, which came out about 8 years ago, I think. Full of top-notch stuff. Every track is a winner, and transports you back to the late 70's, early 80's.

Peter

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Isn't a Roux a fatty sauce?

Anyway, if you like this kind of stuff, and I do, then you could do worse than buy this album, which came out about 8 years ago, I think. Full of top-notch stuff. Every track is a winner, and transports you back to the late 70's, early 80's.

Peter

i like daf (they played in london recently) obviously ,depeche mode and a few more in that direction(new stuff) but im certainly not "crazy " about it nor a expert on those kind of music...
but its good to dont be so strict only into one musical direction/scene musically...

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
must be a german thing...a german moz-fanatic i know is also nuts about la roux :)

I think The Sunparlour Players are relatively new...
this isn't their video but their song
'Point Pelee is the Place to be'
I like them a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom