Tales of The Smiths graphic novel - video interview of creator

Many thanks, Anonymous!
Hope you enjoy the graphic biography as much as I enjoyed making it for the past 3 years! :)

oh im sure i will and i like omnibus as well. i think they did the recent killer reprint i just bought though i was sad to give away my original hard backs vols

oh im sure i will and i like omnibus as well. i think they did the recent killer reprint i just bought though i was sad to give away my original hard backs vols

Indeed, Omnibus Press have a long history of publishing Smiths/Moz-related books, like The Smiths (back in 1985 - possibly the first publication dedicated to the band), The Smiths - The complete story (1988), Morrissey - In his own words and, of course, Johnny Rogan's Morrissey & Marr: The Severed Alliance (1992)!

Video interview of Con Chrisoulis,
writer/artist of TALES OF THE SMITHS

Published by Omnibus Press and set for a Summer 2015 release, TALES OF THE SMITHS is a 450-page graphic novel, written and drawn by Con Chrisoulis, which narrates the band members' teenage years, before the group was famous, and includes fascinating digressions about their influences (the New York Dolls, Nico, Sex Pistols, NY punk, Patti Smith, etc).
SEE THE INTERVIEW HERE:

http://tinyurl.com/TalesofTheSmiths-interview

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't really too jazzed about this until I watched this interview... now I can't wait to pick it up. If this collection manages to convey even half of the thoughtfulness that Con expresses in this interview it's going to be great. I haven't followed the strips as they came out so this will all be new to me.

Good job, Chris. :thumb:

I wasn't really too jazzed about this until I watched this interview... now I can't wait to pick it up. If this collection manages to convey even half of the thoughtfulness that Con expresses in this interview it's going to be great. I haven't followed the strips as they came out so this will all be new to me.

its good imo

do you have any future plans or projects in the works chris writing or artwork wise? what are you interested in writing about next

I still think "Driving Your Girlfriend Home" is Morrissey's best song EVER!!

I still think "Driving Your Girlfriend Home" is Morrissey's best song EVER!!

It's always been one of my favorites, too; it's one of those classic examples of how Morrissey can take such a simple moment in time and reveal the more complex emotions connected to it.

lynnda

Tags
comic book comics con chrisoulis graphic novel interview

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom