Take 2: Highlights with Morrissey 2009

I'm going to have to go with anaesthetine - Morrissey smells heavenly. After shaking his hand, his scent lingered on my fingers and it was...*swooning in pleasure.* If you haven't experienced it, it's hard to describe.

The first time I ever got a handshake, as soon as he turned away I sniffed my hand. I couldn't help it. Then I shoved my hand in my friend's face.

I'm glad he didn't see me. :o

It was a VERY good year, in my eyes.

My many highlights:

Getting Years of Refusal in my grubby little hands and listening to it repeatedly all year long and never once tiring of it. I still feel it's his best album yet. I'll never forget hearing the complete album for the first time and hearing that undeniably strong voice and the intensity of the whole thing. It bowled me over.

Also getting the re-issues of SouthPaw and Maladjusted, with their beautiful photos and wonderful liner notes. Also hearing Honey, You Know Where to Find Me for the very first time (I know, where had I been?) and falling completely in love with it.

And of course, Swords, which has turned out to be a beautiful album unto itself, not just a collection of B-Sides.

ALSO, the publication of The Bleak Moor Lies which is incredibly exciting because it exceeds all my (already high) expectations. And Morrissey + writing = bliss.

ALSO, receiving a package from a dear friend with a very unexpected surprise - a piece of a Morrissey concert shirt! My gasp of surprise terrified my son and spooked the cats. This in addition to many other letters and gifts exchanged with new pen pals..... Amazing stuff, amazing people!

Oh, and Jose's radio show - which has brightened every Sunday except for the few I had to miss. The show with Mike Farrell was fantastic, especially when he answered my question about his favorite moment onstage with Morrissey and he said it was the moment they first played How Soon is Now? and the audience was stunned (in a good way).

From a Frink perspective we had so many beautiful photos, so many wonderful heartfelt fan stories and the 7" photo shoot can't be topped. Or can it? ;) *waits*

AND...saving the BEST for last......

3 concerts - Ann Arbor, Milwaukee and Chicago. My God, was that this year? It doesn't seem possible this all happened this year! I've gone into great detail elsewhere, but what a pleasure it was to meet so many of you in person. I've developed lifelong friendships with people I wouldn't have met otherwise.

I have nothing but gratitude, respect and increased admiration for the man who brought all this happiness to so many of us this year. And I feel the same for his band, who don't get enough attention and respect, especially in the press.

I hope 2010 brings greater press recognition, more projects.... And greater HEALTH and relaxation for everyone after what has really been an incredible, dramatic, never dull year. :guitar:

that was great Julie.

Joey will tell you, he just needs to remember what happened. It seems a little foggy, must have been nothing at all. :blushing:

Long story short, and I still need to write it in coherent sentences, but I always try and give Morrissey a vinyl record (or something similar) during shows if I can be near the front. Well, in San Diego, where all my old friends were on the rail, I brought an Elvis record for Moz. Moz brought an Elvis record for me.

13358_590105003263_58209921_3416357.jpg

Taken after the show

He handed this to me right after the intro of This Charming Man and looked right at me, holding back a smile, and said, "For you.". I held it and cried a bit. I'm convinced that nothing will ever happen to me from that point forward that will ever be as f***ing cool as that moment. The entire San Diego show was incredible. All my friends next to me up front, it was very special. Possibly the best part of this tour was seeing people in life I genuinely like to see. I don't even care anymore if Moz cancels, just let me see all my old friends.

The ironic Joey was that you had an Elvis vinyl for him in return. Too bad you didn't have a marker handy or you could have signed it before giving it to him :thumb:

Joey will tell you, he just needs to remember what happened. It seems a little foggy, must have been nothing at all. :blushing:

Long story short, and I still need to write it in coherent sentences, but I always try and give Morrissey a vinyl record (or something similar) during shows if I can be near the front. Well, in San Diego, where all my old friends were on the rail, I brought an Elvis record for Moz. Moz brought an Elvis record for me.

Taken after the show

He handed this to me right after the intro of This Charming Man and looked right at me, holding back a smile, and said, "For you.". I held it and cried a bit. I'm convinced that nothing will ever happen to me from that point forward that will ever be as f***ing cool as that moment. The entire San Diego show was incredible. All my friends next to me up front, it was very special. Possibly the best part of this tour was seeing people in life I genuinely like to see. I don't even care anymore if Moz cancels, just let me see all my old friends.

wow! how wonderful, that's a really sweet and beautiful story.

Taken after the show

:eek:

OMG, that's so sweet! :tears::o

My highlight was this - the most exciting 1 minute 5 seconds of my year (please insert obvious joke here!)...I don't know who filmed this but I could watch it over and over despite the poor quality!

Glasgow Reigns!

Last edited by a moderator:
My highlight was this - the most exciting 1 minute 5 seconds of my year (please insert obvious joke here!)...I don't know who filmed this but I could watch it over and over despite the poor quality!

Glasgow Reigns!

Sir, I concur.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
When he handed me the mike during the gig in Borås and I started a manic rambling on how much I love and adore him... That was special.

Lay off the eggnog, sister. In Morrissey's eyes we're all...worms. :squiffy: Let me drop some science on you. I mean something to Morrissey the way plankton means something to whales. Nice try, though. Hey, you oughtta consider writing some fan fiction! "It all began with a handshake from the front row..." :rolleyes:

I always try and give Morrissey a vinyl record (or something similar) during shows if I can be near the front. Well, in San Diego, where all my old friends were on the rail, I brought an Elvis record for Moz. Moz brought an Elvis record for me. He looked right at me, holding back a smile, and said, "For you.". I'm convinced that nothing will ever happen to me from that point forward that will ever be as f***ing cool as that moment.

Paging Worm... Paging Worm... Does this change anything?

Oh, probably not. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think Worm's on vacation. (Where does a Worm go on vacation? Next flowerbed over?)

Oh well, we know the truth. And maybe Worm's right about being a worm to Morrissey, while we're also right about the opposite.

great yarmouth for me,i was at the front when morrissey was handing out the mircophone and i just went for it,wishing him a happy birthday,telling him i hope he's around for another 150 years and also telling him to look after himself and a handshake made it perfect,i saw morrissey 7 times this and maybe i am being ''too much of a fan''but with all the new music and to me fantastic live performances i personally think the whole year was a ''highlight''

Did YOU film it?! :)

T'was bloody brilliant wasn't it?
:lbf: No way. I wouldn't have the balls. Or the height!
Although I think a midget in an epileptic fit could have made a better fist of it than whoever did that ;)
Still glad it's there though. The visual style does somewhat match the emotions of that night!
It was the kind of show that comes to mind whenever I hear Guy Garvey singing 'One day like this a year'd see me right' :)

Oh, I've never gone after the shirt. I step away when that starts up.

I don't. I fight for it, with success. Got hold of a few chunks in Gothenburg and Berlin.
I even used my teeth. In Berlin it almost ended with a fistfight between me and a german lady. I was not acting like a gentleman.

There's a time and place for everything I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom