Tags: Good feature or new trolling opportunity?

As an admin on another forum, we only allow the thread starter, and mods and admins to add tags to a thread. This way you always know who is tagging the threads and not everyone and their mom can tag a thread. Then if it is out of line it is easier for appropriate action to be taken.

Thanks for your tips for detecting the tag authors.

David would like forum users to add tags freely as long as they don't intend to violate TOS.

One of the benefits of leniency is to display forum users' behaviour.

It's very ironic to find out that Theo who started this thread himself added many abusive tags.

I love tags.

For the most part, the tags are pretty funny.

now that we can easily identify tag owners can we get back the full length tags?

now that we can easily identify tag owners can we get back the full length tags?

I second that. Although 15 characters does promote careful thinking in order to get your message across, 25 characters can be much more fun.

bored meant the moderators, not all the forum users.

Yeah, some people will be sorry for playing with the fire.

lol - I always have fun with tags but do not believe I have crossed the line. Whenever I did I have depended on you for letting me know and I promptly delete and issue an apology.

Example: The Scarlet incident.

Tags
don't piss in my wheaties go teeth!!!!!! i agree with "s&t...." i have to pee only joking ;) robby for pm s&t hooligan rules!! tos? troll pleeze! turd sandwich wah whine wah whine wah whaaambulance where bklyn at? whiner
Back
Top Bottom