T-Pain plays Morrissey in shot for shot remake of "Stop Me…" video

T-Pain Plays Morrissey in Classixx’s Remake of the Smiths’ “Stop Me” Video: Watch - Pitchfork
“Whatever I Want” is a shot-for-shot update of the Smiths’ visual

Classixx have shared the video for their Faraway Reach song with T-PainWhatever I Want.” It is a shot-for-shot remake of the Smiths’ 1987 video for “Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before.” It features T-Pain as Morrissey, leading a group of people on bicycles, brooding, rubbing his head, and looking off into the distance–just like Moz. There are even updated denim jackets that say “CLASSIXX” instead of “THE SMITHS.” Watch the “Whatever I Want” video, directed by Daniel Pappas on a GoPro camera, below (via The Fader), and scroll down to see how it lines up with the Smiths’ video.

In an email to The Fader, Pappas compared T-Pain and Morrissey:

The video was inspired by the song’s attitude towards doing ‘whatever I want,’ T-Pain’s well chronicled struggle with depression, the shared sadness of Smiths fans, and how, through all of the depression and sadness, when you look like Morrissey in whatever way you can, everything is going to be okay.

38702_ff1b3e29.jpg

UPDATE May 24:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Classixx video, featuring T-Pain - true-to-you.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to criticize it before watching it (because that's what a lot of us do unfortunately) but it was pretty cool. It took time and effort to do it shot for shot, though I watched it on mute because I'm at work. No idea how the music was.

Is that Jose Maldonado "The Mexican Morrissey" from the Sweet & Tender Hooligans on a bike?
without a doubt the best Smiths/Moz cover band in the world!! last night we spent the whole set crying :joycat:
thanks for that, see you next year.

The song is dreadful and overall it's a cheap imitation of the original.:thumbsdown:

i thought the song was fine,nice repetitive theme running through it.good effort by all concerned.

Is that Jose Maldonado "The Mexican Morrissey" from the Sweet & Tender Hooligans on a bike?
without a doubt the best Smiths/Moz cover band in the world!! last night we spent the whole set crying :joycat:
thanks for that, see you next year.
I was wondering the same thing.

Yeah, I've seen Jose Maldonado many times over the years and pretty sure that's him in the video.

It is Jose Maldonado. Surprising to see him there , i liked that he's not all over the video , his appareance time on screen it's pretty decent.
Never heard before about T -Pain or Classixx , I love the tribute however their song sounds just like Justin Bibier "sorry" :sick::sick:

I hate to say it, but this song sucks ass harder than Jesse Tobias with an industrial size vacuum cleaner. Sounds like an auto-tuned robot singing.

:horny: - that'a all I have to say about it. What was their budget? $10?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom