Sylvain Sylvain talks about Morrissey during gig

I don’t care much for the New York Dolls, but that’s nice.

God bless them.
I would have said the same until I saw them in concert as support for Morrissey in Dublin around the 2008 Greatest Hits tour at Royal Hospital, Kilmainham. The Dolls were very good, despite the fact that most Moz fans were looking at their watches waiting for the main man to start. That Moz concert was excellent.

Some (not brilliant) clips on Julie's book club Facebook group:

(Julie's podcast with Sylvain: https://rocknrollbookclub.podbean.com)

I shall be picking up his book (which this gig was in aid of) and report back - as he's bound to feature.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Oh, for podcast fans - Sylvain on Soho Radio last week. Morrissey mentioned again.
This podcast is about 1.5hrs long.
Interview starts at 32:00 and Morrissey mention at 36:05. I haven't listened to it all yet, but the play list seems interesting alongside his reminiscing:
On this show:

Podcast here:
https://m.mixcloud.com/sohoradio/soho-garage-18072018/

Regards,
FWD.

I wish Syl would take off his headscarf and hat combo and show us his thick luxurious ringlets that certainly aren't a skullet hair-do...

I reckon me trying to decide which is worse, listening to Brittish people speak English or listening to New Yourrrrkers speak English. Buster Poindexter tolerates Steve because of Steve always drooling over them inn n n n n n nn it m8.

I reckon me trying to decide which is worse, listening to Brittish people speak English or listening to New Yourrrrkers speak English. Buster Poindexter tolerates Steve because of Steve always drooling over them inn n n n n n nn it m8.
And the huge irony there is that you’re incapable of speaking English.

Slightly disappointed that Uncleskinny hasn’t spotted an anti-Moz angle on this story yet.

I would have said the same until I saw them in concert as support for Morrissey in Dublin around the 2008 Greatest Hits tour at Royal Hospital, Kilmainham. The Dolls were very good, despite the fact that most Moz fans were looking at their watches waiting for the main man to start. That Moz concert was excellent.

Saw them in Cork either before or after the Dublin gig and was impressed with the NY Dolls, who it must be said I didn't have much time for before then.

Great setlists from Morrissey on that tour too and he was Corking

Interview starts at 32:00 and Morrissey mention at 36:05. I haven't listened to it all yet, but the play list seems
Ridiculous. The interviewer interrupts Sylvain as if he had something revolutionary to say about Morrissey, only to sputter the same thing the press has been saying for months and months! "Separate the art from the artist"? Why say that to Sylvain who obviously (and possibly only) likes Morrissey as a person?! The interviewer implies to one of Morrissey's friends that it's best to disregard him... Absurd.:sick:

Sylvain was right when he said that it was a beautiful thing that Morrissey did by convincing David to get the Dolls back together.

But that’s no surprise, beautiful people do beautiful things.

:)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom