Sydney - Enmore Theatre (Dec. 21, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / November Spawned A Monster / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by andrew from sydney. Order corrected from a post by moodychops at smithstorrents.co.uk, link from MozRecording.

• Morrissey - Enmore Theatre, Sydney. 20th December 2012, photos by Brunky (28 total) - flickr. Link posted by Sunky.

sydney1.jpg

Last edited:
Absolute stormer of a show. Best one for me in 20 years as a fan. Got manhandled and thrown out at the end. Totally worth it.

Fantastic show - he sounds better than he did 10 years ago at the Enmore. Can't wait for tomorrow night at the Opera House. He did a few lines of Reel Around the Fountain during speedway

Amazing show. Among some great Americans at the front of the stage. Recorded entire gig (extreme close ups during Please Please Please and I Know It's Over). Also grabbed his hand during Alma Matters and touched the shirt he threw in during Let Me Kiss You. Watch my channel www.youtube.com/user/ryandashsdotorg for uploads. Bring on the Opera House tomorrow!

Also he guys I was with if you see the above, PM me. :)

the*...

Absolute stormer of a show. Best one for me in 20 years as a fan. Got manhandled and thrown out at the end. Totally worth it.

Oooh was Jullia there ? Did he say anything clever ? What did he say ? Did he take flowers from fans ? If he did what colour ? What kind of flowers ? Did he pass the microphone around ? Did you get a piece of shirt ? I hope he wore the flag like a masonic skirt ! Was he chatty and in good spirits ? Did he make any lyric changes ?
What songs played in the build up ? Did he have pop at William and Kate ? What merch was being sold ?
Its no good its all to much I'm going to have to go and lie down with some earl grey tea and read Oscar Wilde.
Did I tell you by the way I,m having nut roast for christmas lunch because I heard that is what the great man himself is having.

Srsly, this is some really amazing footage I got.

STORMING - oh my god. I so wish I could be there. And not just to throw xmas puddings all over the front rows.

Meanwhile, I am here in the UK, listening to the Temple Studios Recordings in Dublin with Tony Visconti. The band sound awesome. The kid's a looker may not be everyone's cup of tea - i like it - but no one can argue that SCANDINAVIA is just gorgeous. Then and Now.

With love from Strawberry and kryptic APRIL SHOWERS !

Just got home ( still drunk ) - random perspectives to follow ....

Morrissey's voice seemed strangely higher-pitched , far more so than I recall from the Enmore gig ten years ago ...

He seemed unusually untalkative ... he did , however , introduce the band as being something one might see while on "...George Street ..." ..

Contrary to what I've read often here , the biggest lull of the evening wasn't "Meat" ; rather it was " To Give" ( unsurprisingly)...

I couldn't help noticing how insanely brief the breaks between songs were - watching Jesse swap one guitar from another was like watching Houdini free himself from a straitjacket ...

Crowd was far more into the set than was the case in 2002 - lots ( !) of singing along ...

I'm still enjoying tinnitus as I write ...

Jesse is quite the reluctant gun-slinger ; infinitely more invisible than was Alain ( which makes me wonder if his relative non-presence on stage explains some of the disdain directed towards him on this site i.e. he hasn't won anyone's heart ...)

Set was exceptionally well paced ...

A white cloth bag was handed/thrown to Moz midway through gig. After a moment or so , he tossed back into the crowd ...

Speaking of the crowd , it (?) good-naturedly laughed at itself when mistiming its singing along with lyrics ...

Someone on the far right of stage offered Moz a bundle of flowers - he leant forward to sniff and then recoiled and rejected while grimacing ..

Last edited:
The pacing of the set was so strange (speaking of Melbourne), it felt like a really long gig, yet never felt like it dragged, yet it wasn't really that long at all.

As for Jesse ... just different people, different personalities, I wouldn't read too much into it. I thought he did a fine job for the most part, especially with Boz a little handicapped. He did mess up the beginning of Still Ill (that you can hear on my video in the Melb thread), but I don't get where all the hate is at, unless it's to do with his song writing, in the case its obvious.

But yeah as for the pacing, sounds like Enmore was like Melbourne in that he wasn't overly chatty, the breaks between songs were so quick, the gig simultaneously seemed to go both at lightning speed yet also not too fast. Really impressed, although it would have been nice to hear him talk a little more.

If it's anything like your up close R+ videos then I can't wait to see it!

Here's a still to whet your appetite (p.s. made sure I recorded everyone's handshakes and so on) -

vlcsnap2012122201h38m46.jpg

Attachments

• vlcsnap2012122201h38m46.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1
Oooh was Jullia there ? Did he say anything clever ? What did he say ? Did he take flowers from fans ? If he did what colour ? What kind of flowers ? Did he pass the microphone around ? Did you get a piece of shirt ? I hope he wore the flag like a masonic skirt ! Was he chatty and in good spirits ? Did he make any lyric changes ?
What songs played in the build up ? Did he have pop at William and Kate ? What merch was being sold ?
Its no good its all to much I'm going to have to go and lie down with some earl grey tea and read Oscar Wilde.
Did I tell you by the way I,m having nut roast for christmas lunch because I heard that is what the great man himself is having.

Obsessed much?

An utterly amazing night. That's all I can say for now. Will write/upload footage/etc once all shows are finished!

Here's a still to whet your appetite (p.s. made sure I recorded everyone's handshakes and so on) -

It would have been better without the softening filter, imo. His hair has no detail. He looks like he had a facelift. Not natural at all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom