Sydney, Australia "Autobiography" book signing (May 22, 2015) - reports

Morrissey book signing in Sydney, Australia at Books Kinokuniya (May 22, 2015).

Post your info and reports in the comments section below. Other related links (photos, external reviews, etc.) will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

• Posted by morraessey / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

sydney_signing.jpg

This is #Morrissey walking into the book signing. I yelled out Happy Birthday. He looked at me. The end.
  • Posted by johnnypash / Instagram. Link posted by Morran.

sydney_signing2.jpg

Having a laugh with #Morrissey just before he shook my hand. Swoon. Thanks to @iandthomas for taking the picture.

Last edited:
Ok let's use another example. Live are my second favourite band ever. I looked up to Ed Kowalczyk since I was a kid. Then he ended up being a total fraud, he stole money from his band mates/child hood friends, and began ruining the songs he once made so great.

I could spend my time trolling boards dedicated to him or Facebook or whatever, but, I don't, because I'm a grown adult who has better things to do than be butt hurt over something like that as much as it absolutely sucked? The point still stands, the people who just constantly shit on this place and Morrissey are pathetic. Even if they have a point, make it and move on as opposed to acting like vengeful ex's who can't let it go. It's tiring. I have no love for the royals and I'm a meat eater...when Morrissey talks about that stuff or contradicts himself then..whatever? I just don't get how people can be this bitter about it.

Well said.

What's even more pathetic is the new excuse used by the tiny band of trolls that "Morrissey needs to be challenged" and that they are the ones to do it. This is of course hilarious, delusional self-importance (the exact same delusional self-importance of which they frequently accuse Morrissey), but it might just have a slither of credibility if any of them were "challenging Morrissey" out in the wider world and not confining their efforts to a single website. Why aren't they writing freelance articles for national newspapers or music magazines? Because they know they'd be laughed off the pages. All they are is trolls - and I'm guessing unemployed too given the amount of time they spend on here - using this "challenge" mantra to lend some legitimacy and purpose to their sad, empty lives. All that time spent on here, reiterating the same verbose nonsense ad nauseam - and to no effect whatsoever. They're not changing Morrissey's agenda, nor are they changing the perceptions of anyone on here who skim-reads their tedious drivel. And they claim Morrissey is the one with the problems! Bless.

Re: Article: Sydney, Australia "Autobiography" book signing (May 22, 2015) - reports

Well said.

What's even more pathetic is the new excuse used by the tiny band of trolls that "Morrissey needs to be challenged" and that they are the ones to do it. This is of course hilarious, delusional self-importance (the exact same delusional self-importance of which they frequently accuse Morrissey), but it might just have a slither of credibility if any of them were "challenging Morrissey" out in the wider world and not confining their efforts to a single website. Why aren't they writing freelance articles for national newspapers or music magazines? Because they know they'd be laughed off the pages. All they are is trolls - and I'm guessing unemployed too given the amount of time they spend on here - using this "challenge" mantra to lend some legitimacy and purpose to their sad, empty lives. All that time spent on here, reiterating the same verbose nonsense ad nauseam - and to no effect whatsoever. They're not changing Morrissey's agenda, nor are they changing the perceptions of anyone on here who skim-reads their tedious drivel. And they claim Morrissey is the one with the problems! Bless.

Refer to comment history and previous replies

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

This is nonesense and is a argument regularly used when trolling on here is challenged. Just think about it for a moment and follow it through.

Some people on here are highly critical of Morrissey for what they deem is trolling behaviour. So laughably they repeatedly troll him on here. When someone calls them out for behaving like a troll they say "but you don't say that about Morrissey when he's behaves that way, why?".

Lets for a moment says Morrissey is a troll (which of course he isn't) you can't complaint about his behaviour AND at the same time use it as justification for your own behaviour. You can't say "He sets the tone, I hate the tone and I follow the tone" without coming across like a completely blind moron.

best
BB
Morrissey: from rock genius to internet troll

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...2/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

Re: Article: Sydney, Australia "Autobiography" book signing (May 22, 2015) - reports

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

best
BB
Morrissey: from rock genius to internet troll

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...2/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

Funny, I do see many trolls (check this site for reference) and I do see troll behaviour in many "so called " journalists, constantly missquoting and misinterpreting to get headlines.

When he was a "rock genius" he was pretty much the same as today, except he fitted a certain media agenda and now he doesn't. That is all ...

Don't make fun of Daddy's dress sense L M F A O !
He looks like a right twunt !
How very Elton ! Ha ha ha ha ha ( "walk behind me Damon, I'm NOT GAY ! Remember ?" )

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I'm kidding. I lovers him... and I lovers cheese!

julia first in line. doesnt she have enough moz autographs that she has to fly to australia?

Honestly, I'm baffled by Julia and the hardcore obsessives. I first came across her about 20 years ago, where she looked and smelled quite homeless, and bought a paper copy of True to you so she could have some gas money. What will these people do when Moz retires or dies?
I just can't wrap my head around spending all of your money, effort, and time to live in the fringes of another person's shadows, no matter who they may be. On the proverbial deathbed, will it be a source of fond memories, or regret?

I'll see Morrissey within 1000 miles of home, and that's put me into double digits on concert attendance, but there's more to life. There has to be!

Honestly, I'm baffled by Julia and the hardcore obsessives. I first came across her about 20 years ago, where she looked and smelled quite homeless, and bought a paper copy of True to you so she could have some gas money. What will these people do when Moz retires or dies?
I just can't wrap my head around spending all of your money, effort, and time to live in the fringes of another person's shadows, no matter who they may be. On the proverbial deathbed, will it be a source of fond memories, or regret?

I'll see Morrissey within 1000 miles of home, and that's put me into double digits on concert attendance, but there's more to life. There has to be!

I don't understand it either. I think the enabling of this is very sad especially when he makes announcements that her dependent behavior is somehow feminist.I don't see the correlation. Then again he just seems to like attention and can't tell the truth to his fans in a way being a fan of his has f***ed with people's minds in a not good way while he tucks himself safely away from it all while counting his money. She sounds like a creepy overly obsessed person. If True To You is supposed to be a fan page why does she not respect other "Fans" Why does she selfishly need to be the kid with the most lollipops who attends the most shows? Let someone else enjoy their time for god's sake.Show some respect for other fans . I am not the least bit impressed by this. It's pathetic. Obviously his fandom can be bought.A person could attend just one show and that might be all they could attend and to that person it might have felt like the richest experience ever but Julia has to be front and center. Sad, very cult like behavior.It's really put me off quite a bit.

it might not be her all just sayin. I'm guessing it'll be fond memories

Now leave me alone while I go eat my block of cheese and my steak for the night!!!

Those sneakers are thirty odd years to late Steven !

I don't know who you are... but stop pretending to be me you arse!!!!! I love me some converse and some CHEEEEEEEEEESEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

it might not be her all just sayin. I'm guessing it'll be fond memories

If it isn't, she sure has a funny way of showing it. I think it's rather sad. If he were an artist that prided himself on wild and varied set lists, or more "event" style shows in odd locales, I could understand seeing up to say, four shows in a tour. But for me, one or two per tour is about right.
I don't need to be "scene" to feel heard, I guess. I've never viewed the attendance of a Morrissey concert to be any sort of pissing match, or contest for points, and that's where I differ from many people.

If it isn't, she sure has a funny way of showing it. I think it's rather sad. If he were an artist that prided himself on wild and varied set lists, or more "event" style shows in odd locales, I could understand seeing up to say, four shows in a tour. But for me, one or two per tour is about right.
I don't need to be "scene" to feel heard, I guess. I've never viewed the attendance of a Morrissey concert to be any sort of pissing match, or contest for points, and that's where I differ from many people.

maybe she doesn't feel a need to show it and why would she. also you might see Morrissey show attendance records as a pissing contest but your projecting that on her as if she obviously is like she could have no other motivation for doing or talking aboutn like the overwhelming joy of it all. I think youre just being to assumptive and honestly you seem the competitive one

maybe she doesn't feel a need to show it and why would she. also you might see Morrissey show attendance records as a pissing contest but your projecting that on her as if she obviously is like she could have no other motivation for doing or talking aboutn like the overwhelming joy of it all. I think youre just being to assumptive and honestly you seem the competitive one

Nah. I'm just metaphorically thinking out loud. I think part of it, for me at least, is that Morrissey shows used to be somewhat scarce, so there was more of a feeling of excitement surrounding them. Nowadays they come so frequently that the setlist doesn't even change beyond a few songs from one year to the next. I'm still overwhelmingly grateful to see him. I just wouldn't, and never have, followed him across the globe to each and every engagement. It's a bit autistic from the non-rabid perspective. Different strokes though, and whatever brings a person happiness!

Nah. I'm just metaphorically thinking out loud. I think part of it, for me at least, is that Morrissey shows used to be somewhat scarce, so there was more of a feeling of excitement surrounding them. Nowadays they come so frequently that the setlist doesn't even change beyond a few songs from one year to the next. I'm still overwhelmingly grateful to see him. I just wouldn't, and never have, followed him across the globe to each and every engagement. It's a bit autistic from the non-rabid perspective. Different strokes though, and whatever brings a person happiness!

fair enough, I personally cant get enough (of pretty much everything)

Back
Top Bottom