Sydney, Australia "Autobiography" book signing (May 22, 2015) - reports

Morrissey book signing in Sydney, Australia at Books Kinokuniya (May 22, 2015).

Post your info and reports in the comments section below. Other related links (photos, external reviews, etc.) will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

• Posted by morraessey / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

sydney_signing.jpg

This is #Morrissey walking into the book signing. I yelled out Happy Birthday. He looked at me. The end.
  • Posted by johnnypash / Instagram. Link posted by Morran.

sydney_signing2.jpg

Having a laugh with #Morrissey just before he shook my hand. Swoon. Thanks to @iandthomas for taking the picture.

Last edited:
I would! I'm hoping I planted a mental seed and he spontaneously gets Boz to rehearse it.

well the answer you got didn't sound like a no to me and it sounded somewhat ponderous so heres to hoping

Have I been asleep for the last couple of years but where are Moz's sideburns gone? Did Oz customs take them off him at the airport? I'm sure he had them last year in the Dublin concert! I'm sure he had them at 2015 concerts too. Who can solve this mystery?

I heard that Damon shaved them off and has them stored in an airtight container in his fridge. When the relationship turns sour and he gets pushed away (as all Moz relationships tend to end), he will list them on ebay for $$$$. If you have the dollars, maybe one day you could be walking the street wearing Mozzer's genuine 'burns?

Oh you lucky people.I'm so jealous .I totally thought Morrissey looked very good in blue.Loved the sneakers! I wish I could have been there.

Oh you lucky people.I'm so jealous .I totally thought Morrissey looked very good in blue.Loved the sneakers! I wish I could have been there.

personally I don't think he looks good in blue, id rather see him in charcoal grey or a dark brown but that's just me. its my opinion that not many people like blue clothing or shirts. especially royal blue

I'll trade you Red Rocks and San Jose for selfie with Quokka. Think about it...I'd be defying my FATHER! It screams wrong-side-of-the-tracks behavior but I'll do it for that pic.

2c392527804aa31e92468b170567879a.jpg

It's just so fukken CUTE.

They don't have quokkas in that part of the country.

Also, take a break.

Australia's Sydney Opera House light show wows visitors
22 May 2015 Last updated at 18:14 BST
The Sydney Opera House in Australia has been illuminated as part of the world's largest festival of light and ideas, the Vivid Sydney festival.
Last year, the event attracted over one million visitors.
James Menendez reports.

This is NOT Eco friendly to the planet is it ?
Cancel this venue Lord CrankFraud and save the universe.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Morrissey once said [His playfull hate game with Robert Smith] if they catch me in sneakers, they can kill me, or the likes, well....

and they say he's mentall....not gonna check but again He shows how His infamous intervieuws from the past, meant nothing...

They don't have quokkas in that part of the country.

Also, take a break.

Do you live in Australia? Maybe you can help me find a friend who vacationed there and never returned. He shared some things of mine with some other people. I'd like to have him killed. :cool:

Not often I wished I lived in Sydney. Actually almost never. But I wish I was there so I could have attended.

And Jesus Christ there are some sour, pathetic people on here. I don't understand how people have the time and energy to put so much negativity into something they clearly don't like. I could spend my day trolling an AC/DC board or a Guns n Roses board because I dislike them but I just, you know, don't. It really boarders on obsession.

But happy for the ones who got to meet him yesterday, at least I'll get to one of the gigs!

Not often I wished I lived in Sydney. Actually almost never. But I wish I was there so I could have attended.

And Jesus Christ there are some sour, pathetic people on here. I don't understand how people have the time and energy to put so much negativity into something they clearly don't like. I could spend my day trolling an AC/DC board or a Guns n Roses board because I dislike them but I just, you know, don't. It really boarders on obsession.

But happy for the ones who got to meet him yesterday, at least I'll get to one of the gigs!

Yes, it's quite troubling really. I frequent a lot of forums for a lot of different bands and musicians, but the most venom is definitely here.

In any case, have fun at the gig!

Yes, it's quite troubling really. I frequent a lot of forums for a lot of different bands and musicians, but the most venom is definitely here.

In any case, have fun at the gig!

Couldn't agree with you more Ryan. I actually spend most of my time on a couple of boxing forums and you'd think that that is a sport which could illicit some fairly robust back and forth on the message boards but they have nothing on this place. The level of bile in this place is like nothing I've seen anywhere else.

The level of bile in this place is like nothing I've seen anywhere else.

This is just a tentative thought (and not original as I've seen it proposed on here many times over the years) - it could be that the level of bile here matches the level of Morrissey's bile. So maybe it's not that strange after all.

This is just a tentative thought (and not original as I've seen it proposed on here many times over the years) - it could be that the level of bile here matches the level of Morrissey's bile. So maybe it's not that strange after all.

i'd say it surpasses Morrissey's vitriol by a long long LONG way.

Well, considering a lot of Morrissey's statements over the years (particularly in the last 10 years), I personally wouldn't. But maybe it comes down to personal opinion.

The people you speak of represent those Morrissey has alienated over the last few years. You wouldn't troll an AC/DC site because you probably never were a fan in the first place.

If you were a Smiths and/or Morrissey fan who had seen someone they once admired decline artistically and couple that with a range of psychotic press releases - let's not dignify them by calling them statements - then you might occasionally feel justified in mentioning it.

It is interesting, by the way, that whenever I see a Morrissey event those attending seem to be a good couple of decades younger than the man himself. You might expect a reasonable smattering of those closer to his own age, had the vast majority not dropped him like a hot brick.

As for those who met him and wanted to, as opposed to those who have met him down the years and would rather not again, I'm pleased you are pleased, but you know those quietly intoned Morrisseyisms of his? They sound a lot more like stock answers these days.

Last edited:

I think it's the same small handful of miscreants spreading bile all the time. People like British Butchboy have nothing to do other than eat their popcorn lunch at the keyboard and incite arguments. We let ourselves down by replying to that kind of thing. Human nature I suppose to react against abuse, but it keeps the vicious circle turning.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom