Swords: Wtf?!

SparkleBoy

worships Johnny Thunders
Why not just sell the live recording instead of repackaging more songs most of us already have? I'll be illegally downloading this one, too.

Not all Morrissey fans are as obsessed as we are and do not all own every single song he has ever released. I think it is a chance for the less hardcore, or maybe even new fans, to hear some b-sides. These b-sides releases are nothing new anyway, look at Bona Drag and the Deluxe Quarry edition.

I feel Morrissey has always tried to find ways to make his b-sides as accessible as possible through various compilations etc. And there is always the option not to buy it if you dont want it.

Why not just sell the live recording instead of repackaging more songs most of us already have? I'll be illegally downloading this one, too.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

I am trying to remember what this album was supposed to be when it was first announced. I hadn't realized it was yet another compilation. How disappointing.:( Truly, truly, truly...

Not all Morrissey fans are as obsessed as we are and do not all own every single song he has ever released. I think it is a chance for the less hardcore, or maybe even new fans, to hear some b-sides. These b-sides releases are nothing new anyway, look at Bona Drag and the Deluxe Quarry edition.

I feel Morrissey has always tried to find ways to make his b-sides as accessible as possible through various compilations etc. And there is always the option not to buy it if you dont want it.

I think that Swords will be a good-selling 'cause - how I've said in another thread - it'll reunit rare tracks from attack and decca years. I don't know how much it'll cost here...in Brazil...it means if Swords is gonna be expensive I'll do download to get my copy and towards day I'll buy it. (I already have all songs there.)

Last edited:
I think that Swords will be a good-selling 'cause - how I've said in another thread - it'll reunit rare tracks from attack and decca years. I don't know how much it'll cost here...in Brazil...it means if Swords is gonna be expensive I'll do download to get my copy and towards day I'll buy it. (I already have all songs there.)

What rare tracks? The only rare tracks are "My Dearest Love" and a live, cover version of Bowie's 1973 "Drive-In Saturday." Everything else can be purchased, right now, online or in physical form.

This album will not sell well. If casual Morrissey fans dismissed a "Greatest Hits" album with two brand new tracks and loads of cracking singles, why would they care about a collection of b-sides?! As for ardent Moz fans, don't we already own all these tracks? And if you don't, it's going to take a compilation album for you to listen to them? You cannot simply purchase them on iTunes or Amazon? So, what kind of "fan" does that make you? It would seem a very casual one.

The inclusion of half a concert is a transparent ploy to attract the rabid Moz fans and collectors. Morrissey would have been better served simply releasing another live album. Moz at the Hollywood Bowl CD and DVD would have been very welcome by die hard fans as this concert has taken on something of a "mythic" quality given it was professionally filmed and never released.

These are sad days to be a Morrissey fan: lyrical he is undermining a once pristine song writing legacy, additionally each consecutive marketing move by Decca seems more desperate than the last. It is again sad to see the use of photos of Morrissey's butt or naked middle age men with 45's attached to their genitals just to create buzz around his art, too bad the music couldn't create the buzz for him, furthermore the ludicrous "one week only" vinyl single for "All You Need is Me" was disastrous. It was a good single that surely would have charted higher with proper promotion and support. Follow all this up with the dreadful music videos for "That's How People Grow Up" and "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" where literally tens of dollars were wasted in the filming and production and one starts to see a disturbing trend.

I seriously wonder if Morrissey had all his savings invested with Bernie Madoff because he is acting like a cash whore. The register isn't just weighing heavily on his back, it has flattened him as he lays prone. I hope he snaps out of this and returns to the artist who was once unassailable, brilliant, and seemed to pull everything off with such seeming remarkable ease and style.

Right, let the pillorying begin.:thumb:

What rare tracks? The only rare tracks are "My Dearest Love" and a live, cover version of Bowie's 1973 "Drive-In Saturday." Everything else can be purchased, right now, online or in physical form.

This album will not sell well. If casual Morrissey fans dismissed a "Greatest Hits" album with two brand new tracks and loads of cracking singles, why would they care about a collection of b-sides?! As for ardent Moz fans, don't we already own all these tracks? And if you don't, it's going to take a compilation album for you to listen to them? You cannot simply purchase them on iTunes or Amazon? So, what kind of "fan" does that make you? It would seem a very casual one.

The inclusion of half a concert is a transparent ploy to attract the rabid Moz fans and collectors. Morrissey would have been better served simply releasing another live album. Moz at the Hollywood Bowl CD and DVD would have been very welcome by die hard fans as this concert has taken on something of a "mythic" quality given it was professionally filmed and never released.

These are sad days to be a Morrissey fan: lyrical he is undermining a once pristine song writing legacy, additionally each consecutive marketing move by Decca seems more desperate than the last. It is again sad to see the use of photos of Morrissey's butt or naked middle age men with 45's attached to their genitals just to create buzz around his art, too bad the music couldn't create the buzz for him, furthermore the ludicrous "one week only" vinyl single for "All You Need is Me" was disastrous. It was a good single that surely would have charted higher with proper promotion and support. Follow all this up with the dreadful music videos for "That's How People Grow Up" and "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" where literally tens of dollars were wasted in the filming and production and one starts to see a disturbing trend.

I seriously wonder if Morrissey had all his savings invested with Bernie Madoff because he is acting like a cash whore. The register isn't just weighing heavily on his back, it has flattened him as he lays prone. I hope he snaps out of this and returns to the artist who was once unassailable, brilliant, and seemed to pull everything off with such seeming remarkable ease and style.

Right, let the pillorying begin. :thumb:
like I said.....a masochist. :rolleyes:
Kind regards,
a 'tool'

As for ardent Moz fans, don't we already own all these tracks? And if you don't, it's going to take a compilation album for you to listen to them? You cannot simply purchase them on iTunes or Amazon? So, what kind of "fan" does that make you? It would seem a very casual one.

I don't see anything at all wrong with not getting the whole singles- including b-sides- and waiting until a complete album with them on comes out. Like I said before, many people who aren't just casual fans just don't buy singles. I'm definitely getting Swords at some point, and don't buy singles, but if I was still just a very casual fan I wouldn't have bothered trying to build up my physical collection like I have the last few months. Again, money is also an issue. Don't be so quick to judge. :rolleyes:

He's always made good compilations. I'm going to buy the damned thing. And not think of any lyrics from certain Smiths songs coming home to roost...

Right, let the pillorying begin.:thumb:

I'm not gonna pillory you, however I don't agree that these are sad days to be a Morrissey fan.

He's recently released his best album in ages - completed a very successful world tour, so he likes getting naked? So what? It's good to be a Morrissey fan I think...

Back
Top Bottom