Swords - Tracklisting

What would you call 'harder to find' material? It seems to me that not everyone would find it worthwhile to buy singles when you can get the A-sides on an album. Granted, YATQ had the deluxe edition -- but that cost more, and to someone who's just testing the waters with Morrissey, it wouldn't make sense to shell out extra for a bonus disc of B-sides.
If someone like this is perusing their local record store, and they come across Swords, I can imagine they'd buy it. Your point is valid if you're only looking at us weirdos, the ones who own special mint condition Austrian versions of 'The World of Morrissey' mispressed with a French grammar lesson instead of the actual material :o
But not everyone buys singles or deluxe versions, and as I said before, we're not the only ones Morrissey markets to :guitar:

Spot on. :cool: :thumb:

Whilst we aren't the only people Morrissey markets to, its hard to believe an album that WILL be sold to the press as a B sides compilation will appeal to ANYONE outside of the likes of us.

I think its a weak selection of tracks personally, though I like the idea of a double vinyl, and will almost certainly purchase!

Because I rarely buy singles, there's a few tracks I've not heard before. Some I listened to online and didn't like.

It's almost worth getting for "My Dearest Love" alone; it's like finding a chunk of tasty vegetable in a watery soup. Since this is aimed predominantly at established listeners of Morrissey, a few totally unknown tracks would have sweetened the sauce.:yum:

The prospect of live tracks is appetising, however.

Who are we all kidding cd with album only tracks, and first however many with live album, then a double probably gatefold vinyl. we'll have to buy we have no choice.:rolleyes:

I think its a weak selection of tracks personally, though I like the idea of a double vinyl, and will almost certainly purchase!

Like I may have said before, I don't tend to buy singles :)blushing:), so the majority of the tracks are new to me. I'm glad 'My Dearest Love' is on there though, it's one that I've listened to online and absolutely adore. Ditto 'Shame Is The Name'.

Whilst we aren't the only people Morrissey markets to, its hard to believe an album that WILL be sold to the press as a B sides compilation will appeal to ANYONE outside of the likes of us.

Not from what people in this thread have been saying -- people like his recent B-sides, often saying they're better than recent album material. :o

This tracklisting makes me sick. In this day and age, how could you call everything but "My Dearest Love" hard too find? I will download a digital version of "My Dearest Love" but I'm not going to re-purchase all the other tracks over?!

It saddens me to think of the young Moz writing "Paint a Vulgar Picture" and this modern day money whore. It's clear he has little respect for his devoted fan base and merely uses many of you tools as his own personal ATM. The sad part is: you are enablers. He'll continue to release this rubbish and not push himself artistically because his fanbase will buy whatever he puts out.

The whole thing just saddens me. I had so much respect and admiration for him at one time.:(

This tracklisting makes me sick. In this day and age, how could you call everything but "My Dearest Love" hard too find? I will download a digital version of "My Dearest Love" but I'm not going to re-purchase all the other tracks over?!

It saddens me to think of the young Moz writing "Paint a Vulgar Picture" and this modern day money whore. It's clear he has little respect for his devoted fan base and merely uses many of you tools as his own personal ATM. The sad part is: you are enablers. He'll continue to release this rubbish and not push himself artistically because his fanbase will buy whatever he puts out.

The whole thing just saddens me. I had so much respect and admiration for him at one time.:(

button2.jpg

If you listen to Morrissey speaking these days, it is obvious that he is the same. Nothing's Changed. Whatever his motives are for releasing Swords, it's certainly not about money.

Here are the live tracks recorded in Warsaw:

Disc 2
1. Black Cloud Live in Warsaw 2009
2. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris Live in Warsaw 2009
3. I Just Want To See The Boy Happy Live in Warsaw 2009
4. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself Live in Warsaw 2009
5. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell Live in Warsaw 2009
6. You Just Haven’t Earned It Yet, Baby Live in Warsaw 2009
7. Life Is A Pigsty Live in Warsaw 2009
8. I'm OK By Myself Live in Warsaw 2009

according to this link:

http://www.spincds.com/product.asp?id=9021842

hasn't he released most of those songs as bonus live material already, many many times the same songs. it's getting boring. yes, different venue, but I'm not a Phish-head who collects 100 different live versions of the same damn song!!!

Can I ask you a question though? What track listing wouldn't make you sick? I mean it's a B sides release of the last 3 albums. What track listing were you expecting to see?

As far as Reissue, Repackage goes I totally understand where you're coming from and I don't think this Swords release would have bothered you as much had Moz not released the reissue of SPG and Maladjusted which were totally pointless exercises.

Forum users here who say the reissues have finally put SPG and MaL in their rightful place are having themselves on just like Moz is having himself on that a new sleeve and a track listing shuffle are a good reason to ask us to buy them. I'm sorry but both those albums in their original format were just fine and if you were too blind to see that when they were actually released then you missed out. It makes about as much sense as reissuing an old newspaper from years ago.

Having said that. I have so much admiration for the man that I can let this reissue, repackage trend he is on atm slide. I just wish he'd pay as much attention to his current work's track listing as he does these reissues. Maybe then YOR would have included My Dearest Love and to a lesser extent Children in Pieces.

Atm he may be bombarding us with old stuff for new money but there's enough love in this Mozzer fan to take these reissue, repackage blows and then some! :D

Can I ask you a question though? What track listing wouldn't make you sick? I mean it's a B sides release of the last 3 albums. What track listing were you expecting to see?

As far as Reissue, Repackage goes I totally understand where you're coming from and I don't think this Swords release would have bothered you as much had Moz not released the reissue of SPG and Maladjusted which were totally pointless exercises.

Forum users here who say the reissues have finally put SPG and MaL in their rightful place are having themselves on just like Moz is having himself on that a new sleeve and a track listing shuffle are a good reason to ask us to buy them. I'm sorry but both those albums in their original format were just fine and if you were too blind to see that when they were actually released then you missed out. It makes about as much sense as reissuing an old newspaper from years ago.

Having said that. I have so much admiration for the man that I can let this reissue, repackage trend he is on atm slide. I just wish he'd pay as much attention to his current work's track listing as he does these reissues. Maybe then YOR would have included My Dearest Love and to a lesser extent Children in Pieces.

Atm he may be bombarding us with old stuff for new money but there's enough love in this Mozzer fan to take these reissue, repackage blows and then some! :D

Why do you keep typing "atm" instead of "and"?

If you listen to Morrissey speaking these days, it is obvious that he is the same. Nothing's Changed. Whatever his motives are for releasing Swords, it's certainly not about money.

Please.... That's rather naive, no? Here's the score: his career is winding down very quickly and he is trying to make as much cash as possible before being relegated to the musical wilds.

If you sing "Get Off the Stage" and "Paint a Vulgar Picture" then I believe you need to be able to manage the criticism which comes from releasing an absurd number of compilation albums during one's career.

What's the point of "Swords?" I can burn a CD of the songs contained on it from my collection right now. The only difference is the quality of "My Dearest Love" and the cover of "Drive In Saturday."

I live in the U.S. The material contained on "Swords" has not been difficult to find for even a casual fan. The lack of new material is a slap in the face to any Morrissey fan. We've waited how long for this compilation to be released and it contains easily available b-sides? Terrific! Maybe there will be more gimmicky photos of Morrissey's butt in the linear notes? This whole thing is getting sadly pathetic.:(

How about a track listing with a smattering of b-sides which are unreleased?! Is he going to his grave with "Kit?" What about the b-sides from the Refusal sessions? He licensed "Action Man," "I am Bully Do Not Forget Me"and other songs then seemingly scraped them. How about finally laying down a proper recording of "I'm Playing Easy to Get" or "Redondo Beach?" How about some new material?

What's the point though? His rabid supporters will purchase anything he releases so there's no need to but effort into it.:(

Why do you keep typing "atm" instead of "and"?

Um because atm doesn't mean and.

atm=at the moment. Sorry it's a bad habit from my work emails for very quick replies. It won't happen again I promise :)

Last edited:
How about a track listing with a smattering of b-sides which are unreleased?! Is he going to his grave with "Kit?" What about the b-sides from the Refusal sessions? He licensed "Action Man," "I am Bully Do Not Forget Me"and other songs then seemingly scraped them. How about finally laying down a proper recording of "I'm Playing Easy to Get" or "Redondo Beach?" How about some new material?

What's the point though? His rabid supporters will purchase anything he releases so there's no need to but effort into it.:(

Swords has these B sides because it's just meant to be the B sides from the last 3 albums, not hard to find songs, not unreleased B sides which basically doesn't make sense anyway because songs like IPETG and NITBR were never released so they were never B sides to start with. I guess if the album was advertised as something like My Early Burglary Years then you'd have a case for complaint but seeing as though it's a collection of B sides from Quarry, Ringleader and YOR then this is what you would expect. If you were expecting anything else then of course you'd be miffed.

What new material? You just got an album didn't you? But If I remember correctly you don't like that album so I guess you're up shite creek :)

Vauxhall you sound like a hard man to please and for that reason alone you're ok in my book mate :D

Back
Top Bottom