Swords promos

It's real. The YOR promo that is.

Mine used to belong to a fairly well known DJ. They are numbered and personalized.

Mine used to belong to a fairly well known DJ. They are numbered and personalized.

And mikael scanned it so I could put it on my website. :)

Well, if they are numbered and even personalized than I can somehow explain why they are so expensive....
Cheers Moz

Only a handful of the watermarked ones were printed for specific people. That is why the are personalized and watermarked. If it leaked they would know who leaked it. Hence the watermark.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again....

I don't collect these modern day cd-r promos because they are easy to fake. I used to work at Capitol Records in LA and if I needed more, say Coldplay promos, I'd simply email a request to a guy on the first floor who would burn them for me and print the sleeves out on his printer. They would be on my desk by noon.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and rain on your parade but just know that any of you, were you so inclined, could be in the cd-r promo business by this evening if you'd like. Keep that in mind when you pay so much for these things.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm really sorry, but that just doesn't look real to me. It looks like a print-out stuck to CD-R.

Peter

Why wouldn't it be made like that? They're given away.

Unfortunately 99% of the people claiming things to be fake, or autographs to be counterfeit simply don't have the experience to know what they're talking about. It's reached ludicrous levels on this board.

Last edited:

Unfortunately 99% of the people claiming things to be fake, or autographs to be counterfeit simply don't have the experience to know what they're talking about. It's reached ludicrous levels on this board.

Of course I generally agree with you Beau, it's just that given my first hand experience with making these things at a major record label I've seen how easy it is to do. I sold a ton of my non-Morrissey collection to EIL a few years ago and just felt guilty about the $50 they gave me for each of my Coldplay promo CD-r's. I could have made a 50 more that night if I wasn't so damn lazy and was a douchebag. I don't collect CD-r's or autographs. Vinyl is where it's at!

And as someone who has been on the receiving end of watermarked promos I can say that is exactly what they all look like.

Fair enough, I'm not at the same level as you, and I admit it. But the Mexico point above - isn't that valid?

Peter

I love the fact that Stephane is... lurking!

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/moz-d61swords.htm

France: A 6-track sampler cd-r has been spotted, but it is unclear at this point in time if this is legitimate, as it looks fanmade. The cover photo is an old Morrissey one in front of a "penis mightier than the sword" sign and the sampler features "Mexico", which is not on the album.

It is also interesting to note that he has a photo of the US promo CD with the word "Advance" written on it
USA: The American promo cd has the same front and back artwork as the stock copies, but it also has the additional word "Advance" under the title on the front and a promo sticker on the back. It features the 18 tracks found on the regular 1-cd edition.​

Keep up the good work, Stephane :thumb:

Dave

Re: Swords French promo sampler

I asked this elsewhere - why would Mexico be on the sampler when it's not on the album?

Peter

Back
Top Bottom