Swords physical release

motorways

Does the Uk, or I guess the EU single CD version come in the super jewel case? (The one with the rounded corners).
Does anyone have the catalog number to share?

For anyone keeping tabs:
Swords Uk2CD: Polydor/umc/losttunes cat. # 5322207*
Polydor logo on cover
Swords UK2LP: Polydor/umc/losttunes cat. # 5322210
Polydor logo on cover
Swords US Single CD: Polydor/UMe cat. # B0013597-02
Polydor logo on cover

I'm headed to the record store on Tuesday to check if there is a US 2CD and a US 2LP. *

I've also picked up a Malaysian and a Taiwanese CD. Yet to spot any South American editions. My apologies for not responding properly to PMs btw, I've just moved and am without a proper internet connection.

I've also picked up a Malaysian and a Taiwanese CD. Yet to spot any South American editions.

Are they different in any way......? Even worth collecting? Also something says that a taiwanese edition might not be a fully licenced CD. I don't know.
I used to pick up an occasional Jap cd (Arsenal & Southpaw) but then I thought "why bother" ? - you'll normally only get an obi-trip & lyric sheet in Japanse as an extra. Not much use for me! :D

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Are they different in any way? Even worth collecting? Also something says that a taiwanese edition might not be a fully licenced CD. I don't know.
I used to pick up an occasional Jap cd (Arsenal & Southpaw) but then I thought "why bother" ? - you'll normally only get an obi-trip & lyric sheet in Japanese as an extra. Not much use for me!

Remember you must not use any racist language again! :mad:
If you'd like to use an abbreviation type JP or Jpn.

I think Taiwanese record company has a license from Universal Music.

If it's Hong Kong release which is rather dubious.

An awful shame that Japanese record company (Polydor Japan) decided not release Swords. :(

Last edited:
Re: grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

An awful shame that Japanese record company (Polydor Japan) decided not release Swords. :(

Sorry:blushing:

So, I just got back from the record store. There were no US 2CDs or LPs.

All they had were the UK imports.

Shame.

The US 2CD = EU 2CD. There is no exclusive US imprint of the 2CD version, just like with YOR.

I can tell you that "Jap" is definitely a racist term to use for Japanese or Japan related stuff. If you didn't know that, now you do.

It may be offensive to use in some circles, but it can hardly be deemed racist.

Jukebox Jury

What's wrong with Jewish American Princess ?
:confused:
Can't we say Japs and Commandos any more either ?

Last edited:

I think Taiwanese record company has a license from Universal Music.

If it's Hong Kong release which is rather dubious.

Hey Kewpie,
The website Tokyomusic uses Jap as abbreviation. Are they wrong for using that? Just wondering...

Last edited:
DSCN0049-1.jpg

^^^ So, did we decide that the french 'Penis Mightier Than the Sword' was an official promo?

The wording on PJLM has changed:
France: A 6-track sampler cd-r was produced for promotion of this album. The cover photo is an old Morrissey one in front of a "penis mightier than the sword" sign and the sampler features "Mexico", which is not on the album. It has been speculated that this might be a fake, but at this point in time it is assumed to be legitimate.​

It used to read :
France: A 6-track sampler cd-r has been spotted, but it is unclear at this point in time if this is legitimate, as it looks fanmade. The cover photo is an old Morrissey one in front of a "penis mightier than the sword" sign and the sampler features "Mexico", which is not on the album.​
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1253726&postcount=37

Dave

Back
Top Bottom