Swords of Refusal tour 2009

zither

so, apparently on October Moz will release "Swords". at the same time he will start a new Uk leg of the Tour. we can assume the compilation will have one or two brand new tracks. i'm waiting for the RAH gig thinking (hoping) a [bit]different setlist.
here it comes

THIS CHARMING MAN
BLACK CLOUD
BEST FRIEND ON THE PAYROLL
NEW TRACK -1-
TEENAGE DAD ON HIS ESTATE
WHY DON'T YOU FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF?
THE NEVER PLAYED SYMPHONIES
ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL
CHILDREN IN PEACES
SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS
WHEN LAST I SPOKE TO CAROL
NEW TRACK -2-
CHRISTIAN DIOR
SWEETIE PIE
HOW SOON IS NOW?
SOMETHING IS SQUEEZING MY SKULL
IRISH BLOOD ENGLISH HEART
I'M OK BY MYSELF
/FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE

What do you think?

I think if I see another setlist thread I'm going to shoot someone.

so, apparently on October Moz will release "Swords". at the same time he will start a new Uk leg of the Tour. we can assume the compilation will have one or two brand new tracks. i'm waiting for the RAH gig thinking (hoping) a [bit]different setlist.
here it comes

TEENAGE DAD ON HIS ESTATE
THE NEVER PLAYED SYMPHONIES
CHILDREN IN PEACES
CHRISTIAN DIOR
SWEETIE PIE

What do you think?

I think you certainly are not taking the safe route on these guesses.

Is it possible he adds a b-side to the set list? Sure.. but 5 of them plus 2 new songs?

I would say Children In Pieces has the best chance of making the live setlist. He's already played TNPS live.

I also do not think there will be any new songs because the 18 track Swords sounds like the tracklist is final. If not, they wouldn't know if they could fit 18 tracks on a CD. If new sons were planned to be on there, that would be part of the press release.

I could turn out to be 100% wrong but my logical mind has led me to these opinions. I think your emotional mind has led you to those desires. You don't even want to see the setlist if my emotional mind took over :D

I think it will be good if he plays 'children in pieces'. I think I was too harsh in my criticism of it last year.Now with the publication of the Ryan report and all the media attention I think it would be the perfect time for him to sing this song.

I think you certainly are not taking the safe route on these guesses.

Is it possible he adds a b-side to the set list? Sure.. but 5 of them plus 2 new songs?

I would say Children In Pieces has the best chance of making the live setlist. He's already played TNPS live.

I also do not think there will be any new songs because the 18 track Swords sounds like the tracklist is final. If not, they wouldn't know if they could fit 18 tracks on a CD. If new sons were planned to be on there, that would be part of the press release.

I could turn out to be 100% wrong but my logical mind has led me to these opinions. I think your emotional mind has led you to those desires. You don't even want to see the setlist if my emotional mind took over :D

you sure he's played The Never Played Symphonies??? :eek: I really hope your right as its one of my fav songs, but thought it was like Come Back to camden i.e. never played

you sure he's played The Never Played Symphonies??? :eek: I really hope your right as its one of my fav songs, but thought it was like Come Back to camden i.e. never played

I saw him perform it live at Radio City Music Hall in 2004.

I do wish he had played Camden on the Quarry Tour but it just didn't happen :(

Do you think now he's "as close to good health as he is likely to get" we might hear Birthday in July and October?

It's possible they wanted to bring new songs into the setlist, but required to rest his voice between concerts Morrissey did not risk the extra singing involved in rehearsing them. If he does better healthwise in the later stages of the tour then new songs might be introduced...it would make sense to include something from Swords.
:)

Do you think now he's "as close to good health as he is likely to get" we might hear Birthday in July and October?

I sure as hell hope so! :thumb:

Do we really think there are going to be new songs on Swords, though?..
I mean, do you think Mozza would've mentioned it? I don't want to get my hopes up..:blushing:

I sure as hell hope so! :thumb:

Do we really think there are going to be new songs on Swords, though?..
I mean, do you think Mozza would've mentioned it? I don't want to get my hopes up..:blushing:

I don't know... I'm still deliberating as to whether 'the last three albums' meant YOR, GH and ROTT or YOR, ROTT and YATQ... actually the bsides from GH were actually bsides from YOR weren't they? But there is too many YATQ bsides to include them all! :confused:

I don't know... I'm still deliberating as to whether 'the last three albums' meant YOR, GH and ROTT or YOR, ROTT and YATQ... actually the bsides from GH were actually bsides from YOR weren't they? But there is too many YATQ bsides to include them all! :confused:

The million-dollar question, innit? :D
Whether Mozzer will consider AYNIM and THPGU as single from YoR or GH. :rolleyes: I'd hate to start that debate again :squiffy:

The million-dollar question, innit? :D
Whether Mozzer will consider AYNIM and THPGU as single from YoR or GH. :rolleyes: I'd hate to start that debate again :squiffy:

I think the fact that those 2 singles are on both GH and YOR it allows him to call the last 3 albums YATQ, ROTT and YOR.

However.. even if he excluses YATQ from the last 3 albums, since all the singles from YATQ are on GH he can still use those b-sides and accurately say "The last 3 albums".

Basically he is right either way.

The real trick is if he starts considering Live at Earl's Court an album ;)

Last edited:
Leaving the setlist aside for a moment: The album art and recent singles covers have came from photo-sessions that were available before the actual releases themselves.

Are we thinking this will be true of Swords or will he be using a mid-naughties pic?

Before you all jump in with "wait and see" I LIKE speculating about shit like this so there...

So...what new pics have we seen recently that could be Album cover worthy?

GC

Leaving the setlist aside for a moment: The album art and recent singles covers have came from photo-sessions that were available before the actual releases themselves.

Are we thinking this will be true of Swords or will he be using a mid-naughties pic?

Before you all jump in with "wait and see" I LIKE speculating about shit like this so there...

So...what new pics have we seen recently that could be Album cover worthy?

GC

Well I'm thinking we can safely say that he won't be using a 90s pic -- that was a gimmick only for GH (we're hoping...:blushing:)

I'm rather fond of the new pic on the cover of that Mexican magazine -- can't remember the title at the moment..But it's sure an ace pic of Mozzer! :thumb:

Well I'm thinking we can safely say that he won't be using a 90s pic -- that was a gimmick only for GH (we're hoping...:blushing:)

I'm rather fond of the new pic on the cover of that Mexican magazine -- can't remember the title at the moment..But it's sure an ace pic of Mozzer! :thumb:

Yes the big closeup face with the thin lips! I like it too but I can't see him using it.

Though if someone told me he would pose with a baby 4 months before YOR I would have decried it!

GC

Back
Top Bottom