Swords: I just got the title

wemissumoz

Don't call me Junior
I was pulling out a couple of Moz CDs (remember them?) and when I looked at the spine of the CD case I noticed that one said, "MORRISSEYSWORDS" (i.e. Morrissey's Words).

I'm sure I'm the last person on Earth to get this, but in case there is one other soul who didn't get the title, there it is.

And remember, the real title of YATQ is "Morrissey, you are the quarry."

Re: for your interest

It's sad that in your never-ending quest to make everyone feel stupid, you can't even be bothered to READ the original post. You saw what you WANTED to see, and acted accordingly...making yourself look foolish...not that this is a hard task.

Actually...CAN you read? I know you can't write, but can you at least read?

I was certain that I wasn't the first to figure this out. Sorry to dredge this back up, but I was so excited that I just had to post.

I was certain that I wasn't the first to figure this out. Sorry to dredge this back up, but I was so excited that I just had to post.

I don't recall reading those other threads. I was pleasantly surprised by this thought and liked it when I read it this morning. :flowers:

Another one here that hadn't noticed it haha, Got a new found like of the title now!

So many missed opportunities with the album cover though. Moz would've looked stately with a fencing sword. But I guess then he'd be likened to a knight, and he'd have none of that.

So many missed opportunities with the album cover though. Moz would've looked stately with a fencing sword. But I guess then he'd be likened to a knight, and he'd have none of that.
the artwork for this album is appalling! The photos make him look like a pervert loose in the woods.

I was pulling out a couple of Moz CDs (remember them?) and when I looked at the spine of the CD case I noticed that one said, "MORRISSEYSWORDS" (i.e. Morrissey's Words).

I'm sure I'm the last person on Earth to get this, but in case there is one other soul who didn't get the title, there it is.

And remember, the real title of YATQ is "Morrissey, you are the quarry."

It was discussed years ago (as Kewpie gently posted) but I do believe there's no problem in remembering this good good.

Besides... I have noticed the YATQ joke too... It is really funny, friend.

If it's any consolation, it had never occurred to me before I saw this thread.

Interestingly, the oak trees that Moz is leaning in front of belong to the genus Quercus, very similar to the word Quarry. And oaks are notoriously strong and the ideal wood used to build the infrastructure of a building. And their seeds or acorns are interesting in that they will not grow if planted underground, the acorn has to be left on top of the soil in order to germinate and take root. An oak enthusiast told me that once about 20 years ago.

And then today I was listening to Belle and Sebastian and heard this song and thought of this discussion. It's a sweet song also.

Also not to get to connection crazy, but wasn't the name of the baby Moz holds named Sebastian? Get me away, indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dont pay attention to Kewpie - it likes to try to make people feel like shit. I always thought the title referred to penises and was glad you brought it up. The album title...not the penises!

Dont pay attention to Kewpie - it likes to try to make people feel like shit. I always thought the title referred to penises and was glad you brought it up. The album title...not the penises!
but would you really be oppressed to a penis being "brought up" ;)

It didn't occur to me either.

I assumed it was a reference to penises too. Or a ref to the pen being mightier...which of course it still could be. Multiple meaning/interpretations, why not?

Back
Top Bottom