Swindon Roll-Call

I am going.... Does anyone know of any good pubs close to the venue?

Yes the 21 bar, cool music venue, has been there since the 19th century!

I shall be going with my freind Jake, my hair should be a red bob, probably red lipstick, Dr Martens etc.....unless I change my hair before that! lol

I shall go to the GW for a few beforehand as will my lovely partner Suej, having said that i have just heard a rumour that there is a Smiths/Morrissey related disco in a place called the County Ground Hotel. I will try and find out some details......

We are the couple that everyone stares at but avoid sitting with. We are quite pierced and tattooed and Stuey has silicone implants in his head. Don't be afraid come and say hello....we are quite friendly.:)

We are the couple that everyone stares at but avoid sitting with. We are quite pierced and tattooed and Stuey has silicone implants in his head. Don't be afraid come and say hello....we are quite friendly.:)
We'll certainly come and say hello!

I shall go to the GW for a few beforehand as will my lovely partner Suej, having said that i have just heard a rumour that there is a Smiths/Morrissey related disco in a place called the County Ground Hotel. I will try and find out some details......

Do so :thumb:

Anyone know the best way to get from Birmingham to Swindon on the Saturday appart from Nasho Express?

I would be happy to thrwo a few bob someones way if anyone is driving? :)

Anyone know the best way to get from Birmingham to Swindon on the Saturday appart from Nasho Express?

erm a train perhaps. :)

if you look at the trainline.com and get the price for 2 singles instead of a return its a lot cheaper, you'll need to change at Cheltenham, will take a couple of hours.

Hi Folks.

I am actually a regular in the GW Bar in Swindon and am also going to the gig on Saturday.

I've had a word with the gaffer and he has agreed to keep serving until midnight on Saturday so that those attending the gig can scoop a couple of ales afterwards.

See you Saturday!!

GW is no more/less expensive than other town centre venues in Swindon really. £2.85 for your cooking lagers, £3.15 for the wifebeater, £2.95 your ciders (including the tasty Stowford Press).

I guess it can be a bit 'characterless' at times but it should be a good vibe on Saturday and one of the guys behind the bar is burning some Smiths/Mozza compilations to put on the sound system.

My lot are getting there about 5pm.

GW Bar sounds alright to me, will drag my lot along for about 5.00 ish..
There was talk of a morrissey/smiths disco somewhere in swindon, anyone know is this is goning to happen? (would be nice)..

ok, I'm sure it'll be good enough.
sounds like everyone is going along with a partner or with their 'lot'.
this is a Morrissey concert. you're meant to go on your own.
shame on you all!

I'm there tomorrow.

Since I am from Swindon i'll give you a little heads up on the nightlife.

There is two main areas, town centre and old town. Both are close together, about a 10/15minute walk between the two, the town centre is closers to the venue - the oasis.

Old Town - Here you have a mix of bars and pubs and a couple of clubs, this end of town is more 'trendy' quite a few bars that offer cocktails, relaxed atmosphere etc, here you will find no chains of bars, more independant bars and local pubs.

- Longs Bar (Victoria Hill)- Offers an upmarket clientele (for Swindon) cocktails, nice beers such as peroni etc on tap
- McKenzies (See Longs Bar)
- The Spot (See Longs Bar)
- The Victoria - A great place for a quick pint before town, it is a live music venue and has a good jukebox
- The Old Bank (See Longs Bar)
- The Kings Arms (See Longs Bar)
- The Roaring Donkey - Local pub with cheap pints, its tucked away though

Town Centre - Here you have all of the chain pubs/bars

- The Savoy, Sir Daniel Arms, The Grove Company - All whetherspoons - no need to expain about them
- Walkabout - Aussie theme bar
- Revolution - Vodka based bar
- Yates - Nothing special
- Bushwhackers and Sin - A New bar and club that has only recently opened (haven't been to them)

For those staying over and want to go to a club in town centre...
- Walkabout, open till 2.30am plays chart music and a mix
- Sin (As said above haven't been yet)
- Liquid, open till fairly late 3/4am plays a mixture of stuff on Saturday

In Old Town....
- Suju - plays electro, house etc
- Rehab - plays electro, dubstep, drum n bass

Late night Curry
Swindon is very good for curry houses, so many in old town and the town centre

My favourite ones....
Town Centre
- Jack Spice (Open late)
- Abys Indian Experience (Open late)

Old Town
- Ruchi (Open late)
- Biblop (Shuts at about 12/1am)

Well I hope this is of use to some of you, i anybody needs any help or information let me know :)

Tags
swinnerz troll got owned
Back
Top Bottom