Sweet & Tender Hooligans should be MOZ's band

...seriously, they play a whole lot better than the current crew. I've seen SATH quite a few times and they really sound good and play the songs just as they appear on the albums. Their drummer kicks azz and the rest of the gang are equally great. Sorry Jose, but this time, you'll be second string to MOZ.

...seriously, they play a whole lot better than the current crew. I've seen SATH quite a few times and they really sound good and play the songs just as they appear on the albums. Their drummer kicks azz and the rest of the gang are equally great. Sorry Jose, but this time, you'll be second string to MOZ.

No offense..but shouldn't they be writing their own songs by now?

No offense..but shouldn't they be writing their own songs by now?

Ahahaha, well spotted!!

The difference between tribute bands and the Lads are whether they have song writing skills and creative contribution.
If S&TH can write their own songs, they could've done so...:p

Ahahaha, well spotted!!

The difference between tribute bands and the Lads are whether they have song writing skills and creative contribution.
If S&TH can write their own songs, they could've done so...:p

I really wish I could find the song I wrote called "Pretending To Be Morrissey"...It was quite funny...I ended it with "Now it's your turn to be Morrissey, Let's all put on our sad face and pretend to be Morrissey"

Like I said onstage last night at our Morrissey afterparty, f*** Sweet & Tender Hooligans. THey're a bunch of pussies. No one knows how to really rock the Smiths & Morrissey like we do. THen Jose jumped up onstage and we did Van Halen's "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" into DMode's Blasphemous Rumours and a speeded up rocked out Panic. FUN! They're still totally pussies, though. wink.

Like I said onstage last night at our Morrissey afterparty, f*** Sweet & Tender Hooligans. THey're a bunch of pussies. No one knows how to really rock the Smiths & Morrissey like we do. THen Jose jumped up onstage and we did Van Halen's "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" into DMode's Blasphemous Rumours and a speeded up rocked out Panic. FUN! They're still totally pussies, though. wink.

you make The Smiths sound like 'Roid Rock'

they're a tribute band, right?

If they were good enough to "be Morrissey's band' they would write their own songs...the suggestion was ridiculous....

Noel Gallagher once said that when he saw The Smiths On Top Of The Pops, he knew he wanted TO BE Johnny Marr..the guy worked at it..and he's been quite successful in his own right....He didn't settle for PRETENDING to be Marr...

Seriously, tribute bands are nice..but these people still have Day jobs and by no means should they be compared to musicians who write and perform their own material....

you make The Smiths sound like 'Roid Rock'

Pretty much! Luckily, Moz fans usually have a sense of humor. We sure do. Not sure about most tribute bands but I know I couldn't do straight covers. Too weird. I've got my own band (http://www.rookiecardthemovie.com) and we do much better than most tribute musician's "real" bands. We also sound NOTHING like the Smiths. People assume my real band must sound metal or like Depeche Mode, Smiths or the Cure. We're more Wilco/Replacements. Still, love it all...it's just more to do covers as a goof and we're usually way better than serious tribute bands.

If they were good enough to "be Morrissey's band' they would write their own songs...the suggestion was ridiculous....

Noel Gallagher once said that when he saw The Smiths On Top Of The Pops, he knew he wanted TO BE Johnny Marr..the guy worked at it..and he's been quite successful in his own right....He didn't settle for PRETENDING to be Marr...

Seriously, tribute bands are nice..but these people still have Day jobs and by no means should they be compared to musicians who write and perform their own material....

a-greed.

Back
Top Bottom