Swedish newspaper labels Morrissey racist

Martin

A Slight Case Of Overcomb
Columnist Adam Svanell (@adamsvanell on Twitter) at Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) labels Morrissey "a racist" on July 6th.

Translated from Swedish:
"He used to be viewed as the Oscar Wilde of his time. Now he's a racist and hangs out with Pamela Anderson. Morrissey may have gone from icon to ridicule. But his record release is still unofficial Christmas for this country's male rock critics."

Without facts, examples or context. Quite outrageous, no?

Columnist Adam Svanell (@adamsvanell on Twitter) at Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) labels Morrissey "a racist" on July 6th.

Translated from Swedish:
"He used to be viewed as the Oscar Wilde of his time. Now he's a racist and hangs out with Pamela Anderson. Morrissey may have gone from icon to ridicule. But his record release is still unofficial Christmas for this country's male rock critics."

Without facts, examples or context. Quite outrageous, no?

I'm sure he never meant what he said about the racist-riddled UKIP. Said for effect, I would aver.

P.

Adam Svanell is another lazy "so-called" journalist who is only capable of scrawling hear-say.

Pamela Anderson once appeared a promo video with Morrissey, they don't hang out.
As Uncleskinny said Morrissey didn't mean to support a racist party, he used the opportunity to get an attention.

Pamela Anderson once appeared a promo video with Morrissey, they don't hang out.

They...they DON'T? (starts crying.)

(sniffs, looks mournfully at Pammie.)(then cries again)

I'm sure he never meant what he said about the racist-riddled UKIP. Said for effect, I would aver.

P.

This journalist doesn't like Morrissey and is pissed at all the positive attention he is getting with the new album. That's all.

If he is worried about racism, maybe he should look around him: after all the Sweden Democrats ( a right wing/xenophobic party) is getting more and more votes and elected several MPs in recent elections.

Here we go again....haha

How bravely libellous!

The funny thing is if you listen to the new album you can see/hear the journey made from the insular Englishness of his early days to a far broader multicultural-embracing world view.

"Liberal's giving me a nerve itch. Not a vagina. It's an option. The cock. Had it coming.Ha ha ha ha ha ha" @adamsvanell "We looked 2 Stockholm 4 a language 2 use.Now #LondonStockholmHellAIsDead.B10 instead Brum lies ahead

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing is if you listen to the new album you can see/hear the journey made from the insular Englishness of his early days to a far broader multicultural-embracing world view.

This is an excellent point, Orson.

P.

Oh I'm sure he meant it as much as anything else he feels like saying. He's probably more aware than you are that UKIP is not a racist-riddled party, and has probably some understanding of what it is like feeling sentimental about your country and always getting called racist for saying so.

Not that old canard again!
If one more word of this outrageous calumny reaches Mozzer's ears, he should sue!

As Uncleskinny said Morrissey didn't mean to support a racist party, he used the opportunity to get an attention.

Oh - and is Uncleskinny the voice of Morrissey's unspoken thoughts then? Morrissey indicated support for UKIP, which are no more a racist party than Morrissey is a racist singer.

There seems to be a lot of wannabe NME journos here squawking racist at anything that doesn't fit their nice right-on world view, and twisting things out of context whenever they can.

Morrissey was wrongly called racist by the NME - is it any surprise he can identify with a party that is wrongly called racist by self-appointed moral arbiters? Most of whom are overwhelmingly white and haven't a clue about real racism or they wouldn't be undermining the problem by conflating it with a series of unrelated issues.

Oh - and is Uncleskinny the voice of Morrissey's unspoken thoughts then? Morrissey indicated support for UKIP, which are no more a racist party than Morrissey is a racist singer.

There seems to be a lot of wannabe NME journos here squawking racist at anything that doesn't fit their nice right-on world view, and twisting things out of context whenever they can.

Morrissey was wrongly called racist by the NME - is it any surprise he can identify with a party that is wrongly called racist by self-appointed moral arbiters? Most of whom are overwhelmingly white and haven't a clue about real racism or they wouldn't be undermining the problem by conflating it with a series of unrelated issues.

Er, is that the same unracist UKIP that has an awful lot of racist mentalist members and whose own leader makes an awful lot of racist remarks?
Not to mention sexist and homophobic nut-cases.

Er, is that the same unracist UKIP that has an awful lot of racist mentalist members and whose own leader makes an awful lot of racist remarks?
Not to mention sexist and homophobic nut-cases.

It's easy to rant and froth but do you care to give us some of Farage's 'awful lot' of 'racist' remarks? These lovely generalisations are the very essence of mature debate...

Here's a video from Africans Arise about UKIP and racism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=KBiszpxWDuA&v=E5udlH3a2uk

Last edited:
It's easy to rant and froth but do you care to give us some of Farage's 'awful lot' of 'racist' remarks? These lovely generalisations are the very essence of mature debate...

Here's a video from African's Arise about UKIP and racism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=KBiszpxWDuA&v=E5udlH3a2uk

It's easy to scapegoat racial minorities and gay people and generalise about same in order to shore up your votes, as UKIP clearly do.
What about the homophobia that's rife in their ranks? I wonder if Morrissey has considered the fact that most of its members probably think he suffers from a 'spiritual disease' because he's gay.

People who live in Los Angeles. They come over here, voting for our racist parties!

It's easy to scapegoat racial minorities and gay people and generalise about same in order to shore up your votes, as UKIP clearly do.
What about the homophobia that's rife in their ranks? I wonder if Morrissey has considered the fact that most of its members probably think he suffers from a 'spiritual disease' because he's gay.

UKIP has a large number of gay people in it. We have our own LGBT group, our MEP for Scotland is gay. We were the first party to elect a transsexual to the European Parliament. UKIP is not a homophobic party.

It's easy to select the words of a few and pretend they represent the whole. The same can be done for any political party in this country.

Now show us your evidence for UKIP scapegoating racial minorities and gay people... or perhaps you know better than the gay people and the ethnic minorities within UKIP about the issues they face?

Did you even watch that video I linked to?

Back
Top Bottom