Sway - NYC - Sunday Moz/Smiths Night

I have a friend who's been to one of these before so I'll ask her. I am interested in going as well. Let me know when you'll be in nyc and perhaps I'll meet you there for this.

I've heard about this actually. I might check the place out this coming sunday. I'll report back. And I would assume its 21+ since it's a bar. Where are you staying joey?

If they are 21+ are they very strict about it? I'd like to bring my friend, but she's only 19. Anyone know?

I believe they are some what strict.a friend of mine went and had a id that was cracked a bit,no real damage and they would not let him in.but the door person could have just been cranky that night...

Isn't Miharu the DJ for Sway? I once thought I read that.

I should be there July 6, at least for a few hours. Anyone else going/been there recently?

I was there this past sunday. they didnt play as much Smiths/Moz as i thought. but still alot, and rare stuff too. I'm pretty sure they even played Jeane. id say it was 60-70% Smiths/Moz music selection. someone the next night told me that they used to play ALL Smiths/Moz, but i was still impressed since in Philly the only songs I ever hear when I'm out is the usual Panic, This Charming Man, Suedehead, etc. It was very chill and loungey, and i noticed there was no dancefloor, but then around midnight it got packed and everyone was dancing, on the floor, tables, AND the couches (me). I liked it, I'd definitely go again if I was in NYC on a Sunday.

I was there this past sunday. they didnt play as much Smiths/Moz as i thought. but still alot, and rare stuff too. I'm pretty sure they even played Jeane. id say it was 60-70% Smiths/Moz music selection. someone the next night told me that they used to play ALL Smiths/Moz, but i was still impressed since in Philly the only songs I ever hear when I'm out is the usual Panic, This Charming Man, Suedehead, etc. It was very chill and loungey, and i noticed there was no dancefloor, but then around midnight it got packed and everyone was dancing, on the floor, tables, AND the couches (me). I liked it, I'd definitely go again if I was in NYC on a Sunday.

Hmmm, strange, I don't even have Jeane on my computer :/

Sounds like it'll be fun to go to. I'm not much of a person to dance, but under the right influences (Moz and alcohol) I could cut a rug. Or a couch in this case.

When I'm dancing, and laughing, and finally living, hear my voice in your head and think of me kindly...

you looked really happy nugz. kinda tipsy and smiley :)

I'd love to visit Sway next time I'm in NYC whenever that may be. I was planning to go last time but got waylaid.

I met you too, nugz :)

I have been going on and off for the last three years. Sometimes they play less Smiths and Moz than other nights, but it gets crazy when they play a bunch in a row. really a fun time. Gets crowded though, be prepared!

Back
Top Bottom