Supporting Morrissey

:laughing: Awwww they almost played on the Tarbet ferry, at night, for the dolphins!

The driver sounds nice, but, I'd be in the band, I'd be mildly worried...(They must be approaching Clonmacnois by now...:crazy:)

from their MySpace diary
Morrissey Tour Diary - Part 2
Here we are in sunny Omagh and yes, it is sunny. Just had a lovely hotel Breakfast which i'm very pleased about because it was all inclusive (normally we cannot afford such frivolities).

Gig 3 last night and I'm starting to learn more and more about the nature of the word 'fan'. So many people have been following this talented man for more than two decades and sometimes the scale of adoration is quite awe inspiring. I was talking to Moz's long standing guitarist and friend and he was telling about a man who was so enamoured with the big man and went to so many gigs/rallys/Moz gatherings and spent so much time worshipping his idol that his suffering wife gave him the ultimatum 'Moz or Me'. Of course his reply was that he had loved Moz for longer than her so there was no contest and they are now divorced.

It feels like we are getting in to the swing of things and we have started to chat more to all the crew (who are being a really big help to us). The first gig did feel a little like a sequel to Spinal Tap when we arrived and had no dressing room so we had to have two rooms in the adjoining hotel which i think was some sort of old peoples night club as there were two rooms hosting ball room dancing and cards with a spattering of biddies acing each other at back gammon. We then had to walk through all the winding corridors that led to the hall, in full stage get up and as luck woulf have it, we made a few wrong turns before we actually made it to the stage.....

FYI, vegetarianism is going well, in no small way down to the fact that Morrisseys catering is yum yum yummy! Beever and Gemma at Popcorn are wizards with vegetables and tofu!

That's all for now we have made a HILARIOUS video for youtube starring ourselves as part of our tour diary which i will attach to this over the next couple of days....

LOVE LOVE LOVE DOLLY xxxx
they also added on a fans comment " agree that all the Moz fans have been sooo friendly and lovely and it's a joy to speak to them"

I cannot stand supporting bands.Its not what you pay for.I still have nightmares about Kristeen,*****shudders****

I am looking forward to that video. I don't know too much about the Kicks, but they seem fun.

I cannot stand supporting bands.Its not what you pay for.I still have nightmares about Kristeen,*****shudders****

I look forward to seeing the support bands. it's music that the artist you payed to see honestly likes especially were Morrissey's concerned whereas other artists it's the next overhyped band they pick as support, with Morrissey it's real whether you rate them or not.

I like the New york dolls.I can see what drew Morrissey to them, I get what they're about. They are or were original in their heyday and David Johansen does have that sparkle about him when he is on stage that is just like a raw free energy that says 'I dont care' and that is very endearing. They make me want to enter their world and their mentality about life which seems a million miles away from my own.I'm not actually crazy about their songs though.The recent support act on Morrissey's tour I dont think have any uniquely endearing qualities.I have seen a million bands like them. I cant make out a single word Doll sings,the music gives me a headache and I dont get the bunny ears and socks.It is like she is trying so hard to be individual that she is just the same as so may others(kinda like goths).I also find her conversion to vegetariasm laughable.She will be back eating hamburgers as soon as the tour is over.Anything to keep the man at the top happy eh?
I think he just should get rid and find someone with a bit of talent.

The recent support act on Morrissey's tour I dont think have any uniquely endearing qualities.I have seen a million bands like them. I cant make out a single word Doll sings,the music gives me a headache and I dont get the bunny ears and socks.It is like she is trying so hard to be individual that she is just the same as so may others(kinda like goths).I also find her conversion to vegetariasm laughable.She will be back eating hamburgers as soon as the tour is over.Anything to keep the man at the top happy eh?
I think he just should get rid and find someone with a bit of talent.

Ditto the bolded. I don't think she or her band are talentless, just that she seems contrived. And yes, I couldn't make out what she was singing either.

I'd like to see what she sings like at home, y'know? When there's no one watching. I think it'd be much more interesting if she'd concentrate on singing rather than acting. Don't get all these fake-fall-over-bat-the-lashes-marching-band dance moves, because it's like she's concentrating so hard on her admittedly lovely image that she's barely thinking about what she's singing.

It is completely contrived.As soon as the music stops she reverts back to just being er normal and you are like 'what the hell was all that eye crap about?'
If I cant make out what a singer is saying and it doesn't so too interesting from what I can hear and the melody is rubbish then I deem that band talentless.
Do you really believe if a major record label wanted to sign them and it meant sacrificing thier image to go mainstream they would care?

I don't get Morrissey fans sometimes. Why do you feel the need to pick holes in absolutely everything?

they have to eat vegetarian for the tour. it must be a part of the contract. watch the video blog on comment 3. the singer says she has to eat vegetarian for the tour and has to show a badge saying veggie Learner on to get into places????

Too short.

always get eight foot men in front of me.

That's the same for me. But I'm too short to get through to the front anyway - I just get swept away.

The trick is to bring flowers with you, then an eight foot man will let you sit on his shoulders for five minutes in exchange for a twirl with the flowers. :thumb:

That's the same for me. But I'm too short to get through to the front anyway - I just get swept away.

The trick is to bring flowers with you, then an eight foot man will let you sit on his shoulders for five minutes in exchange for a twirl with the flowers. :thumb:

Blow jobs work. You could just blow your way to the front.

Back
Top Bottom