Sunny: Woodie or Spencer?

I

Ian Edwards

Who was drumming on the Sunny single? the drums are absolutely flawless on the title track, "Swallow..." and "Black-Eyed Susan". I heard somewhere that Sunny was recorded at the time of Vauxhall and I. This would mean Woodie Taylor. But the drumming sounds like Spencer's. hmmmm...

you don't know a thing about their lives

> Who was drumming on the Sunny single? the drums are absolutely¿ flawless on the title track, "Swallow..." and¿ "Black-Eyed Susan". I heard somewhere that Sunny was¿ recorded at the time of Vauxhall and I. This would mean Woodie¿ Taylor. But the drumming sounds like Spencer's. hmmmm...

I don't know, but I just wanted to say that Sunny is one of my fave Moz tracks, it hardly ever gets mentioned so… Sunny, Sunny, Sunny.
"I cry when I see where its taken you". Anyone know the significance of the pub featured in the artwork (I forget the name) "Maurice Grave" or something (I know thats wrong).

Tar

J

> Who was drumming on the Sunny single? the drums are absolutely¿ flawless on the title track, "Swallow..." and¿ "Black-Eyed Susan". I heard somewhere that Sunny was¿ recorded at the time of Vauxhall and I. This would mean Woodie¿ Taylor. But the drumming sounds like Spencer's. hmmmm...

I think it's Woodie, but I could be wrong.

> I think it's Woodie, but I could be wrong.

That's Woodie on Sunny and Black-Eyed Susan, Spensah on A Swallow...

The cymbal style on Sunny is clearly the same as on Have-a-Go... and a lot of the patterns in A Swallow... are typically Spensah.

More technical than you'd probably have liked the answer to be, but there you go.

Cheers,

Jamie

> That's Woodie on Sunny and Black-Eyed Susan, Spensah on A¿ Swallow...¿ The cymbal style on Sunny is clearly the same as on Have-a-Go...¿ and a lot of the patterns in A Swallow... are typically Spensah.¿ More technical than you'd probably have liked the answer to be,¿ but there you go.

Are you sure about Swallow? I slightly, possibly recall Woodie mentioning that he played the drums on that tune, around the time he was trying to sell his drum kit through this site. Again...I could be mistaken.

Woodie's, er, skins

> Are you sure about Swallow? I slightly, possibly recall Woodie¿ mentioning that he played the drums on that tune, around the¿ time he was trying to sell his drum kit through this site.¿ Again...I could be mistaken.

Check the June 1997 archive for the message from Woodie selling the kit. At least there A Swallow... is not listed. But who knows?

Cheers,

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom