Sun: Morrissey wades into Falklands row

Last edited by a moderator:
The annoying thing is that Morrissey can't ever bear to be made accountable for himself. He makes these embarrassingly shallow remarks and won't be drawn further into the discussion. It gives the impression that he knows little about the subject in question and is just attention-seeking in the first place. We already know (from the "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" e-mails) that he does this kind of thing, not because of any sincerely-held opinion, but solely to draw attention to himself.

Even once, I'd love an interviewer to try to explore in some depth with him his opinions, just to establish very clearly how little he knows or understands about the politics of these issues (e.g. royalty, the Falklands, immigration and "Britishness", Northern Ireland's constitutional status) and the implications of what he says about them. Of course, being Morrissey, he'd never consent to an interview of that kind. It's one thing to speak about an issue before a partial, uncritical audience, in thrall to their idol, but it's quite another thing to engage in a grown-up, "intellectual" debate. Morrissey is incapable of that. Remember his criticisms of David Cameron? Shortly after they appeared on "True To You", he had the opportunity to appear on national TV and engage Cameron directly, but he shrank from his responsibility to do so. He could have confronted Cameron and put animal rights at the top of the political agenda and potentially done some real damage to the Prime Minister on that and many other issues, but he ran away like a coward. His bluff was called and he let himself (not to mention his fans and his pet causes) down. He showed himself up to be the kind of typical know-nothing, loud-mouthed pop star who wants a reputation for being a bit controversial. I don't care how often he's had his picture taken reading books; I don't care how many portraits have appeared in the press with him wearing the contrivance of a "thoughtful" expression on his face; I don't give a f*** if he can quote Emily Bronte or Oscar Wilde. The man is an unthinking, clueless f***wit. He's a fake and an embarrassment to us all. And if, by 2012, you aren't embarrassed by him, then you're an embarrassment to yourself.

God bless Moz!
Have Morrissey Waters and Penn always considered material posessions more important than people? I would like to think for thier sake it is the money and fame that has corrupted their humanity.

Most English people think Maradona is a cheat and always forget that second goal. Scottish footballer of the year 1986.

As for the Falkland Islanders they're all six-fingered sheepshaggers. A bit like Swansea without the smack

I don't know how the admin. can allow this silly debate drag on here. I got banned from the forums and rightly so but I have asked the people in charge of Moz Solo to reinstate my account as I have pleaded for amnesty. I promise to behave and not say silly things, just be nice and post music I like and news about Sweden.
If you wanna see me back on the forums then email the people at Solo.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to see Urban the turnip, er sorry, Swede, back on the forums then also email the people at solo informing them of your opinion ;)

If you are accepting news/ links posts from Jukebox Jury, does that mean his ban is about to be lifted?

Hope so.

Dave

Sorry Dave,
I just thought I'd post the link, no idea as to whether the ban is up, not asked and not bothered!

Jukebox Jury
PS Come on City ;)

Hey Morrissey! Thanks for siding with the underdogs. That's us! The Teenage Dad on His Estate & animals, Derry & Belfast... "War...What's It Good For?.. Absolutely Nothing!"

Alternatively, if you do not wish to see Urban the turnip, er sorry, Swede, back on the forums then also email the people at solo informing them of your opinion ;)

You are allowed to do so Sir!

Urbanus

is the falkland islands a piece of land or a community of people? don't the people that actually live there want to remain part of england? surely they are the only ones who should have a legitimate say over this topic? not random people who know little about it and don't live there.

ENGLISH PEOPLE live there in the islands. Ironic, as according to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, the name continental shelf ( Extending as far as 500 km from the slope) was given a legal definition as the stretch of the seabed adjacent to the shores of a PARTICULAR COUNTRY TO WHICH IT BELONGS. Such shores are also known as territorial waters.

Malvinas are an archipelago in the South Atlantic Ocean, located over 250 nautical miles (460 km; 290 mi) East of the coast of mainland South America.

what does this tell you

Fight back and EAT MEAT its good for you!!!! Smell the bacon MMMmmmmmmmmmm

Do you honestly think him and Boz go on tour and eat rabbit food just look at the size of em!!!! How do veggies get so fat?

ENGLISH PEOPLE live there in the islands. Ironic, as according to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, the name continental shelf ( Extending as far as 500 km from the slope) was given a legal definition as the stretch of the seabed adjacent to the shores of a PARTICULAR COUNTRY TO WHICH IT BELONGS. Such shores are also known as territorial waters.

Malvinas are an archipelago in the South Atlantic Ocean, located over 250 nautical miles (460 km; 290 mi) East of the coast of mainland South America.

what does this tell you

I can't speak for the person you quoted, but what it tells me is that you don't really understand the nature of nationhood. The proximity of one nation to another has little, if anything, to do with the nationality of either the territories in question or the respective peoples who populate them.

Brummie Boy said:
I do not accept any version of history as 'factual'.

Such incredible denial. There's really is no point in debating with you any further, then.

Do you honestly think him and Boz go on tour and eat rabbit food just look at the size of em!!!! How do veggies get so fat?
LOL you think that only meat can make people really fat XD if you ate alot of potatoes, bananas everyday or bread, pasta, alcohol ect. Too much of anything can make you fat.

The 'facts' as you call them are no such thing. I do not accept any version of history as 'factual'. The victors write the 'facts' of history.

I find David Icke amusing. However, we are not discussing reptillian Illuminati. Attempting to dismiss me as an irrational conspiracy theorist will not work, but it shows you have little to add to this debate.

We are discussing an armed conflict between two supposedly civilised nations. I do not accept the conventional UK or Argentine narrative regarding this war. If you'd actually read my previous comment closely you'd discover that I believe President Kirchner has not made a convincing case for Argentine sovereignty. How that 'puts the UK in a bad light' is your conspiracy theory, explainable and plausible only to your own mind.

The military junta under Galtieri sought to distract Argentine citizens from their economic and political gangsterism by foreign adventurism. The Thatcher government sent an ill-equipped navy into battle, only luck prevented French Exocet missiles from completely destroying that navy. Then there is the disputed fate of the Belgrano to consider. Once again, I hope that diplomacy and negotiation will settle this dispute as another war would be a disaster.

There is simplicity. There is complexiy. Accepting complexity is not the same as endorsing conspiracy.

regards
Brummie Boy

Dear BrummieBoy aka My dearest love:

I haven't been on line in a while. Like ages ya know BrummieBoy until once maybe the other day. I have not even had time to go back to the blog Morrissey'sWorld,which in fact really isn't his.I need to find the time in my busy busy schedule to check it out BrummieBoy more thoroughly. Ya know? Anyway I hope yor well.

All my love
Kate2828

Totally disillusioned long time fan here. I bunked off school to buy Boxers on the day it came out - ditto Maladjusted. Supported him through the fallow years when no-one cared. 99 and 02 tours most dates

I'm well used to him stirring the pot but I thought his comments after the Norway massacre disgusted me, and this is the final straw.

Morrissey you have turned into a bitter middle aged man, what a shame

Brummie Boy said:

Such incredible denial. There's really is no point in debating with you any further, then.

No, there isn't. A debate requires an ability to consider different perspectives. This is rather difficult if one has already decided 'the facts' are non-negotiable.

best wishes
Brummie Boy

Eating meat is one thing but eating bacon and sausages will highly increase the risk of getting cancer in the pancreas a recent study showed. This is because bacon and sausage contains nitrites and those are bad for the pancreas. Dying from pancreas cancer is considered by most doctors to be the most painful one of all known cancer diseases. Combine eating bacon and sausages with drinking alcohol and it is more or less a matter of time so the english must be right up there in the statistics considering the bacon they eat and the alcohol they drink.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/nutrition/DJ0974.html

Urban the swede (likely to die from it as well)

Sorry about the link that was old and wrong about most things according to the new studies on nitrites and cancer.

Urbs

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom