Sun: Morrissey wades into Falklands row

Last edited by a moderator:
Ownership of these islands entitles claims to any hydrocarbon deposits which may be discovered nearby and also a territorial claim to Antarctica. That is what this dispute is really about as far as I am concerned, and that is I suspect the British will go to war again if necessary. This is the reality of 'peak oil'.

Neither country knew anything about the oil potential in 1982. The UK was defending it's citizens from invasion; there's no greater reason than that.

Just like in Northern Ireland?

You replied to my post with the above. I haven't given my view on Northern Ireland on this forum as it's irrevelant. A very different situation to the Falkland Islands.

You replied to my post with the above. I haven't given my view on Northern Ireland on this forum as it's irrevelant. A very different situation to the Falkland Islands.

Nope, different person (and I agree about Northern Ireland being a completely different situation, incidentally).

Malvinas is Argentina.
Go home.
Empire is dead.
Even London is dead. Just chavs all around. No chaps anymore, except on 'thechap.net'

Don't know what all the fuss is about. It's only a matter of time before they're handed back in the same way Hong Kong was, although I do wish Morrissey wouldn't speak "on behalf of the British people" as he has no right to speak for anyone other than himself.

Just chavs all around. No chaps anymore, except on 'thechap.net'[/QUOTE]

The best comment on this rather strange thread.

we'll let you know

Just chavs all around. No chaps anymore, except on 'thechap.net'

The best comment on this rather strange thread.

we'll let you know

You're easily pleased...

Japan is as close to China as the Falklands are to Argentina. Will he tell his Japanese fans that they should all be Communists?

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, goodbye Mr Morrissey, your latest ego trip has finally turned this fan off, and I suspect many more.
It's time for me to take my extensive Smiths /Morrissey collection, an sell to the lowest taker, not that your worried Mr M,you got my money, its in your bank, after all, it's has always been about the money right?

I doubt I will ever be able to say again that I liked music perfomed by a more pompous, self righteous, mean,arrogant individual as yourself Mr Morrissey.

So much for it all about being about music..........I can't believe in the past, I argued in your favor.

Oh, and if I ever have the misfortune of meeting you, I will have no problem telling you this to your face.......phoney!!!

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, goodbye Mr Morrissey, your latest ego trip has finally turned this fan off, and I suspect many more.
It's time for me to take my extensive Smiths /Morrissey collection, an sell to the lowest taker, not that your worried Mr M,you got my money, its in your bank, after all, it's has always been about the money right?

I doubt I will ever be able to say again that I liked music perfomed by a more pompous, self righteous, mean,arrogant individual as yourself Mr Morrissey.

So much for it all about being about music..........I can't believe in the past, I argued in your favor.

Oh, and if I ever have the misfortune of meeting you, I will have no problem telling you this to your face.......phoney!!!

Ok.

we'll let you know

Let's face it, a comment of this kind was at least predictable. He likes to be seen as controversial and newspapers like The Sun facilitate him. I'd actually respect him if he could justify or support any of the opinions which he uses to try to make himself seem "edgy". Apart from pathetic that is, he doesn't actually know very much about the issues that he pronounces on. He comments on these things at the most superficial level, even when interviewers subsequently question him further. He just sounds laughably juvenile and ignorant which is a bit of a drawback if you want - in the style of Adrian Mole - to be thought of as an "intellectual". He'd be doing himself and the rest of us a favour if he read up on whatever subject he wants to be "provocative" about before opening his mouth. (It'd be more refreshing still if he actually cared about the subject and wasn't just using it to try to revitalise his public profile.) Overall, it's all just very embarrassing and cringe-inducing.

I guess all this shows is how ignorant Morrissey is about the history of the Falklands. He must be feeling very embarrassed about the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom