Sugar Land, TX - Smart Financial Centre (Apr. 14, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Let Me Kiss You // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by Abrahan.

• Morrissey Makes Good to Houston Fans On Good Friday by Abrahán Garza (5 photos by Marco Torres) - Houston Press
  • Morrissey Doesn't Disappoint At Houston Appearance by David Garrick (3 photos by Daniel Jackson) - Free Press Houston. Link from David.
  • Image posted by unloveable (original post):

39891_texas_tshirt.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the preshow videos, which were same in Santa Ana and only a couple changed since last year:
1. Loudmouth by The Ramones (1975 video)
2. I'm Black and I'm Proud by James Brown
3. Flesh by Andy Warhol
4. Don't Make Me Over by Dionne Warwick (1963)
5. "How important is one's nationality to one's identity" - British comedian (??)
6. God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols
7. Can't Trust It by Public Enemy
8. Wanting To Die by Anne Sexton (poem)
9. Arabesque No. 1 by Isao Tomita
10. Sponge pudding joke clip by British drag comedian (??)
11. L'Insoumis film clip (source for Queen is Dead cover image)
12. Where Have All The Flowers Gone by Marlene Dietrich
13. Looking for a Kiss by the New York Dolls
14. Lipsynka clip

thanks for this ! :thumb:

And what are you trying to say?

You know, you're something else, man. M grants you an interview and you have the audacity to say something like this? I sure hope I misunderstood you and you're just extremely naive.

Trying to say?

I said what I was trying to say.

Did he not sound great days later (in 2004)? DL the boot. Don't get me wrong - I was glad he was better but that show I mention in 2004 was my first hometown canceled show. I can't change the fact that the bitter feeling is still there thirteen years later and I've seen him repeatedly since then. And something extra special happens at every show I've attended since then.

A granted interview doesn't just make those feelings dissipate or sway my opinion.

The story is old but it goes on.

Trying to say?

I said what I was trying to say.

Did he not sound great days later (in 2004)? DL the boot. Don't get me wrong - I was glad he was better but that show I mention in 2004 was my first hometown canceled show. I can't change the fact that the bitter feeling is still there thirteen years later and I've seen him repeatedly since then. And something extra special happens at every show I've attended since then.

A granted interview doesn't just make those feelings dissipate or sway my opinion.

The story is old but it goes on.

Dude, you haven't gotten over a cancelled show yet? Are you serious? You need therapy. Morrissey does not cancel shows to hurt you or anybody else's feelings. Things happen just like things happen in YOUR life when you can't fulfill YOUR commitments and don't sit there and tell me that it hasn't happened with you because I know for a fact it has.
Open your mind and have a little understanding and change the broken record. Of all the things that could be typed here and that Morrissey might see, THIS IS WHAT YOU f***ING TYPE? Put some effort into it, man. Don't parrot the dumbass haters.

So you think it's "fishy" huh? f*** YOU and f*** people like you. I hope he never goes anywhere near Houston again you ungrateful spoiled f***. And furthermore, I hope he reads this, in fact, I'm going to make sure he does, Abrahan.

This was also the first time I saw him where Meat is Murder was not played. I'm glad it didn't make the set.

Is this some sort of new trend? Or some sort of accommodation to the meat loving Texans? I've never heard of him not playing MiM.

Here's the preshow videos, which were same in Santa Ana and only a couple changed since last year:
1. Loudmouth by The Ramones (1975 video)
2. I'm Black and I'm Proud by James Brown
3. Flesh by Andy Warhol
4. Don't Make Me Over by Dionne Warwick (1963)
5. "How important is one's nationality to one's identity" - British comedian (??)
6. God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols
7. Can't Trust It by Public Enemy
8. Wanting To Die by Anne Sexton (poem)
9. Arabesque No. 1 by Isao Tomita
10. Sponge pudding joke clip by British drag comedian (??)
11. L'Insoumis film clip (source for Queen is Dead cover image)
12. Where Have All The Flowers Gone by Marlene Dietrich
13. Looking for a Kiss by the New York Dolls
14. Lipsynka clip

was it one of these in the preshow?

Where have all the soldiers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the soldiers gone, a long time ago?
Where have all the soldiers gone?
Gone to graveyards, every one!
When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
Dude, you haven't gotten over a cancelled show yet? Are you serious? You need therapy. Morrissey does not cancel shows to hurt you or anybody else's feelings. Things happen just like things happen in YOUR life when you can't fulfill YOUR commitments and don't sit there and tell me that it hasn't happened with you because I know for a fact it has.
Open your mind and have a little understanding and change the broken record. Of all the things that could be typed here and that Morrissey might see, THIS IS WHAT YOU f***ING TYPE? Put some effort into it, man. Don't parrot the dumbass haters.

So you think it's "fishy" huh? f*** YOU and f*** people like you. I hope he never goes anywhere near Houston again you ungrateful spoiled f***. And furthermore, I hope he reads this, in fact, I'm going to make sure he does, Abrahan.

Try a day without anger. No f u's or fancy rebuttals. Make it a choice, man.There is more to life than Morrissey..not much more....:cool:
I was at Tucson, it was really sad to see him walk away but here he is now, music is on again! He will be around again, who knows when.

It's amazing to know the gig was pretty well after Morrissey's voice shut down at the last time he got on the stage.

When he came back after the shirt change, he spoke briefly to each band member before starting "Let me kiss you" which probably meant either a change of planned song or the dropping of a song.

He didn't play Meat is Murder in Santa Ana either, nor in Santa Barbara in November last year.

And yeah, I'm guessing when he talked to each band member before Let Me Kiss You, it was to cut a song, probably You Have Killed Me, which has been the closer before Judy Is a Punk for the last few shows. Maybe he wanted to cut it so as not to strain his voice.

Someone got the shirt in one piece? It's nice that others didn't fight over it, like they did for the length of two and a half songs in Santa Ana -__-

M knows what time it is !

But then again I got a story
That's harder than the hardcore
Cost of the holocaust
I'm talin' 'bout the one still goin' on
I know
Where I'm from, not dum diddie dum
From the base motherland
The place of the drum
Invaded by the wack diddie wack
Fooled the black, left us faded
King and chief probably had a big beef
Because of dat now I grit my teeth
So here's a song to the strong
'Bout a shake of a snake
And the smile went along with dat
Can't truss it

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
To the dude trolling Abrahan:
Go back on your meds immediately.

Jesus man how bitter are you? You're attacking Abrahan like he killed your dog or something. If anyone needs to grow up it's you. Who cares if he hasn't gotten over a canceled show....maybe stop worrying about what he thinks and feels and act like an adult and not a spoiled 13 year old twat. I've known Abrahan for 14 years and he's a sincere dude. He brings a lot of value to this website, and he's a true fan. You seem like a bitter exgirlfriend just trying to start shit. Grow up. -Derek in Houston.

When he came back after the shirt change, he spoke briefly to each band member before starting "Let me kiss you" which probably meant either a change of planned song or the dropping of a song.

I think a song was cut but the show ended right at 10 and I was told that the show absolutely had to end at that time.

We didn't lose a song, we just ran out of time.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom